Captaincy and leadership group for 2017 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

The days of Captain, Vice captain & Deputy vice captain are over and these days you need at least 6-8 and sometimes even 10 players the be included in the leadership "Group"

specially with the criteria that rfc has set out according to balme where on field leadership is what we are looking for you need to realise that 1-2 even 3 players could be either injured or not available and it goes beyond just leading onfield and there is alot of work to lead off the ground also , We have 21-22 players that are very young and under 22/23 years of age and need guidance

We cant expect 2-3 players to commit so much time and energy

hahahaha bullshit!

You don't need that many, you actually only need a capt, as they are the only player/s that carry an official duty during a match. I acknowledge there are lots of off field requirements, but you don't have to be in a leadership group to do those, not in an official capacity.

hahahaha bullshit!

You don't need that many, you actually only need a capt, as they are the only player/s that carry an official duty during a match. I acknowledge there are lots of off field requirements, but you don't have to be in a leadership group to do those, not in an official capacity.
And you probably believe what you wrote as well but i wont bother to argue !

You probably only think that we only really need just 1 senior coach as well

Continue in the 1970's son

And you probably believe what you wrote as well but i wont bother to argue !

You probably only think that we only really need just 1 senior coach as well

Continue in the 1970's son

at least we were great then, but in saying that even the great R Hart only got three years as captain

...even if Jack is not in the leadership group...he is still considered a leader around the club....

What horseshit

I personally don't get the media obsession with the need for him in the leadership group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally don't get the media obsession with the need for him in the leadership group.

me neither

every player/coach interview its mentioned.

the media is just obsessed with Jack

whether its calling him a sook or wondering why he isn't in the leadership group.

I don't think i've ever seen the media obsess over someone not being captain/leadership group member like they have with Jack before...

me neither

every player/coach interview its mentioned.

the media is just obsessed with Jack

whether its calling him a sook or wondering why he isn't in the leadership group.

I don't think i've ever seen the media obsess over someone not being captain/leadership group member like they have with Jack before...
They think there is a story in it. You watch them turn the heat on the club if Jack is not in the leadership group and if he is, they will be hounding him in hope he says something contraversial.

if cotch is captain again we are going nowhere all those who disagree are delusional
Wooden spoon here we come
Brace yourself then bitches, captaincy is his if he wants it.
3 different leadership programs/ facilitators have now found Cotchin an outstanding leader and the best within the club.
Groupie_ credentials in influencing change is decreasing.
One shot (BLK) was all he had.

...even if Jack is not in the leadership group...he is still considered a leader around the club....

What horseshit
Isn't it interesting that Dimma said that if there was a 10 man leadership group Jack would be in but if it was a 5 man leadership group it would be touch and go? I find it hard to believe that Jack is not in the top 5 leaders at the club. Surely the top 3 without question are Cotchin, Rance and Jack. Who is above Jack that would make it hard for him to be inside a 5 man leadership group?

Isn't it interesting that Dimma said that if there was a 10 man leadership group Jack would be in but if it was a 5 man leadership group it would be touch and go? I find it hard to believe that Jack is not in the top 5 leaders at the club. Surely the top 3 without question are Cotchin, Rance and Jack. Who is above Jack that would make it hard for him to be inside a 5 man leadership group?
It seems like a upload_2017-2-24_8-55-25.png

Moment

I think its very easy to see what we want from the outside. How do you rate leadership, what characteristics and personal traits are required?, what are valued?.

When vision of last years training with Morro i could absolutely understand why he was in, i think Grimes has been in also and i see why when we were very young.

I find it somewhat amusing that the media (were RFC so they grab anything) and also supporters perpetuate thats its criminal that he isn't in, when in reality we have no idea how he behaves outside of the 2hours on the weekend and a couple of interviews were he's confident and sometimes cheeky.. His training habits, his personal relationships with the group, how he conducts himself within the group and the influence he has over the group are just a touch of the surface that no one can begin to know yet its criminal he's not in..

FWIW i think after the photo shoot he is likely to be VC with Rance and im happy with that, if after a review and vote etc thats what it is, fantastic, and to be clear Jack is one of my favorite players i just don't buy in to the media rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its very easy to see what we want from the outside. How do you rate leadership, what characteristics and personal traits are required?, what are valued?.

When vision of last years training with Morro i could absolutely understand why he was in, i think Grimes has been in also and i see why when we were very young.

I find it somewhat amusing that the media (were RFC so they grab anything) and also supporters perpetuate thats its criminal that he isn't in, when in reality we have no idea how he behaves outside of the 2hours on the weekend and a couple of interviews were he's confident and sometimes cheeky.. His training habits, his personal relationships with the group, how he conducts himself within the group and the influence he has over the group are just a touch of the surface that no one can begin to know yet its criminal he's not in..

FWIW i think after the photo shoot he is likely to be VC with Rance and im happy with that, if after a review and vote etc thats what it is, fantastic, and to be clear Jack is one of my favorite players i just don't buy in to the media rubbish.

I think recent comments from Prestia and Miles indicate clearly how Jack 'conducts himself within the group and the influence he has over the group'. Glowing recommendations. That extends to at least one young Tiger, who I spoke to a few weeks ago and one former Tiger, now at another club.
His omission from the leadership group, which will be rectified, is a mystery.

I think recent comments from Prestia and Miles indicate clearly how Jack 'conducts himself within the group and the influence he has over the group'. Glowing recommendations. That extends to at least one young Tiger, who I spoke to a few weeks ago and one former Tiger, now at another club.
His omission from the leadership group, which will be rectified, is a mystery.

I dont think other players comments to the media can be used in argument or correctly gauged, what are they supposed to say? He's a spoilt brat and as a result wasn't in...

I wasn't saying he shouldnt be in, im simply saying for all those that make more out of it than they should wouldn't know, including you.

The fact they essentially work a 40 hour week as most do, and we see snippets in media yet are so concise in that the club has made a horrible mistake...

Fine to have an opinion, but don't pass it off as fact.

You make some fantastic points. Thank you for your thoughts.
Lots of love, Belle.

What horseshit
Nope cant agree with this, of course he is a leader around the club and on the field regardless of a title. If he only did it with a tittle then the position isn't for him. Senior players are players expected to lead by example.

Always thought Miles would be good in the leadership group, he speaks very well and is a tough nut who leads by example. He doesn't budge from the script in his interviews either but still manages to come across as genuine. And Prestia seems like a relaxed and a natural leader. Hopefully they make the cut.

Cotch (c), jack (vc), rance in there too.

Always thought Miles would be good in the leadership group, he speaks very well and is a tough nut who leads by example. He doesn't budge from the script in his interviews either but still manages to come across as genuine. And Prestia seems like a relaxed and a natural leader. Hopefully they make the cut.

Cotch (c), jack (vc), rance in there too.

I rate him too.

They're taking their sweet ass time.

It's like a freaking presidential race - just hand out 40odd pieces of paper with some names on them and a few pencils and it can be sorted in a coupla hours.
paralysis by analysis
Or maybe they are having a hard time finding enough candidates with genuine leadership potential... :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back