Analysis Jon Ralph runs the rule over Richmond’s current group, its future and everything in between

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind the assessment. Doesn't sugarcoat things to make it seem better than they are and addresses the concerns a lot of us have with regards to everything that went wrong in 2023, needing to go right in 2024 for us to be back in contention.

That means:
Lynch Hopper & Nankervis playing 20+ games
Gibcus getting back to playing regular footy
A majority of youngsters in Clarke Banks Sonsie Cumberland Ralphsmith Ryan Dow Trezise Brown Bauer Coulthard Koschitzke & Maurice stepping up to the level and doing so consistently.

Then there is nailing the game plan that Yze introduces and having it work well from early in the season rather than having teething issues where it doesn't quite work and we lose too much ground early in the season to then make up once we do get it right.
Alot has to go right just to play finals, would be a fair assessment. Every Club is planning for it right now, just some more realistically than others!

If Gibcus gets well at last - huge fillip. They've gone for desperate measure though, so let's not build hopes too high.
Kozi replace Reiwoldt. LMAO. The guy played a lot of VFL last season let's remember.
Nank has to be fit and hugely disciplined - mmmmm. Might be one or the other.
Can Hopper get better? - we have hope at least.
Lynch - will he even play?

I hope Yze lights Cumberland's fire. He has so much upside. Bauer will be better than Kozi, but Kozi can chop out Nank. Will be interesting which way that rolls

Isn’t Ralphy a Tiger ? Atleast he is honest and even if you think his research is shotty you would be hard pressed to find another genuine supporter who dosent think we are in for some hurt for the next couple of years
IMO the jury is still out on that. We'll know more this time next yr. if a few of our kids step up next yr we'll be fine, if they don't we'll be in a bit of trouble.

Seems to be a Richmond pile on the past few days. Here is a journo from out in the West reckons we are heading down the same path as West Coast

396975048_7250539128311217_5375662007673337451_n.jpg
I'd say we are closer to 14th than we are to 8th. Unless we see a massive upgrade in MOJO.

Alot has to go right just to play finals, would be a fair assessment. Every Club is planning for it right now, just some more realistically than others!

If Gibcus gets well at last - huge fillip. They've gone for desperate measure though, so let's not build hopes too high.
Kozi replace Reiwoldt. LMAO. The guy played a lot of VFL last season let's remember.
Nank has to be fit and hugely disciplined - mmmmm. Might be one or the other.
Can Hopper get better? - we have hope at least.
Lynch - will he even play?

I hope Yze lights Cumberland's fire. He has so much upside. Bauer will be better than Kozi, but Kozi can chop out Nank. Will be interesting which way that rolls
I'm expecting Lynch to play.. not Gibcus. Lynch and Nank never play full seasons.. Nank we have Ryan and now Naismith.
That's ample cover.

I think the journo put in a few IFs before he talked about Kosi.
Kosi is not a replacement for Jack Riewoldt the legend. But all he has to do is work with Lynch and whatever other players they chuck up there.
In all honesty Riewoldt was past it all year. Miller and Pickett as role playing witches hats.
Chuck in Ryan, Soldo Cotch, Prestia, Graham, Hopper, Mansell MRJ it was pretty horrible set up

Sonsie Clarke and Cumberland didn't play well when they had their chance

Personally I'd start with Lynch, Kosi and Bauer/Cumberland.
Plus
Martin/Bolton

Then a couple more Small fwds

Bolster the VFL team with the excess..
Players form is up and down. It's natural. Mini wouldn't drop or promote players enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back