Strategy Dimma said it, Last Dance is over, and now recruitment time is the focus as well as development!!

Remove this Banner Ad

No point in me being a troll. What for kicks in my lunchtime, you think I would be that pathetic?

Look to me, Dimma is leaving because he can't get the list to reach the premiership in a short time frame. That has brought on the supposed burn out because what is required for the current list form would take too long. Dimma is in the business of coaching teams to win premierships. I don't buy he thinks we can win this year or in the next few years. The list needs a shake up and deep down he probably realises this and he is probably not suitable to do it given he took us to the premierships when times where better. Part of this is other teams have passed us and got better with younger talent, we can't stop nature. Pies turned around but they picked up Nick Daicos and others, things happen for a reason

To me AFL players are not in the business of going around the motions generally, the better ones anyway. They are there to win premierships or work towards them, if not find another team. JR and Cotch are a little different as they are not far off the end and they have already won multiple. Others with a bit more time really should be looking at different ways to help others win premierships if that is what is required and they have the time and a situation that suits.

I want all of us to have success, I just know RFC can not win ten premierships in a row, equalisation does not work that way
Hell take a break and coach the tassie team

As far as expectations, results and who we could have drafted.
hawks trumped it with 3 awsome picks, lids was a gun too, apart from that ryan griff good then tambling prob most talented after that in an average bunch....
richie should have been developed in the 2s, wallet butchered his career by playing him when he was not ready, then playing him injured, then he had issues being a kid with his own kids and he ended up playing poorly and the fans turned on him.
wallet pranced around saying we had the best two kids in the draft and was hellbent on proving it and he was wrong and stuffed up a kids career. if tambling was picked these days as around a pick 12 he'd be a very very good player similar to pies bobby hill taken at pick 24 in 2018, didnt debut til round 17 2019 and still looked a bit raw and not quite ready now he's 23 and a gun in a top 4 side

still annoyed with teflon terry and his 'its all about me'. haha
images.jpg ece80742ccc1fc9d75032ee81075edb5.jpg

What are you holding on to??

I would rather win premierships.

If that is not going to happen unless we do something for 5 years we are just enjoying finishing ninth.

This is about the team, Bolton is a great player but I want premierships and if we cannot win premierships we should be building towards premierships, not floating around in the either finishing ninth etc...

To win the premierships it is about team and the collective and where they are tracking like Graham winning in his first year with us in 2017.

As a fan RFC for me is not a social exercise I engage to win premierships or work towards them including the growth and development, if the growth and development is not adequate, things wane and fester and get worse
colinfarrell-colin.gif

Ok. So I was the one who broke the Hopper/Taranto trade here first (search comments) it was before media.

Balta or Bolton will be on the table potentially to go for pick 1 this year. They are contracted so we have the leverage we need to extract maximum value. The club is aware we will not be contending for 5 years at least so why wait until they are 30 to cash in. We need picks, West Coast need 25 year olds to race up the ladder. We as a club also intend to farm as many elite picks as possible until Tasmania's entry into the competition.

Quote this and watch the space.

You said ‘Eagles need 25yo’s to race up the ladder’. The Eagles are an absolute mile off it and desperately need a proper rebuild. The LAST thing they would consider doing is trading away pick #1 for an established player given the stage of their list. It’s never going to happen, not in a million years.

They’ve already farked up once by effectively trading away an elite talent who looks like becoming a superstar in Scheezel. Imagine they do it again and then Harley Reid starts his career like Ashcroft or Scheezel.

Eagles could’ve rebuilt their team with Scheezel
and Harley Reid as the midfield building blocks for 15-years.

There is no reason with a new voice and some luck we can’t ‘do a Pies’ and explode into contention next year. Or as the Demons did in 2021 after missing finals in 2019-20.

The following players are part of this Pies juggernaut:

Noble
Ginnivan
Johnson
Hill
Mcreery
Cox
Hoskin-Elliott
Markov
Cameron

All playing their role, but also all very capable of playing very average footy.

They have 3 absolutely top-end players at the peak of their powers : N Daicos, DeGoey, Moore.

Then they have 2 star veterans playing great footy : Pendles and Sidey

Then they have a bunch of very good players still at peak performance age: Mitchell, J Daicos, Elliott, Maynard, Crisp, Mihocek, Quaynor

But it’s hardly any sort of ‘list for the ages’.

This is why I’m very bullish on our list. We have the top-end talent still at the peak of their powers: Bolton, Balta, Lynch

We have some very good players at peak performance age: Rioli, Short, Baker, Vlastuin, Nank, TT, Hopper, Broad, Graham

We have some young talent: Gibcus, Ryan

And we have some ageing stars that are still capable of great footy: Martin, Grimes and Prestia

Sidey looked cooked 24-months ago, now look at him.

The Pies list is not that great. They just have everyone playing at their optimum thanks to a great system, great environment and great confidence McRae has instilled.

No reason we can’t be the same in 2024.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You said ‘Eagles need 25yo’s to race up the ladder’. The Eagles are an absolute mile off it and desperately need a proper rebuild. The LAST thing they would consider doing is trading away pick #1 for an established player given the stage of their list. It’s never going to happen, not in a million years.

They’ve already farked up once by effectively trading away an elite talent who looks like becoming a superstar in Scheezel. Imagine they do it again and then Harley Reid starts his career like Ashcroft or Scheezel.

Eagles could’ve rebuilt their team with Scheezel
and Harley Reid as the midfield building blocks for 15-years.

There is no reason with a new voice and some luck we can’t ‘do a Pies’ and explode into contention next year. Or as the Demons did in 2021 after missing finals in 2019-20.

The following players are part of this Pies juggernaut:

Noble
Ginnivan
Johnson
Hill
Mcreery
Cox
Hoskin-Elliott
Markov
Cameron

All playing their role, but also all very capable of playing very average footy.

They have 3 absolutely top-end players at the peak of their powers : N Daicos, DeGoey, Moore.

Then they have 2 star veterans playing great footy : Pendles and Sidey

Then they have a bunch of very good players still at peak performance age: Mitchell, J Daicos, Elliott, Maynard, Crisp, Mihocek, Quaynor

But it’s hardly any sort of ‘list for the ages’.

This is why I’m very bullish on our list. We have the top-end talent still at the peak of their powers: Bolton, Balta, Lynch

We have some very good players at peak performance age: Rioli, Short, Baker, Vlastuin, Nank, TT, Hopper, Broad, Graham

We have some young talent: Gibcus, Ryan

And we have some ageing stars that are still capable of great footy: Martin, Grimes and Prestia

Sidey looked cooked 24-months ago, now look at him.

The Pies list is not that great. They just have everyone playing at their optimum thanks to a great system, great environment and great confidence McRae has instilled.

No reason we can’t be the same in 2024.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Amen. None of what SG is claiming to have heard makes any practical sense

I had a look at the AFL draft prospects for 2023 overnight. They look pretty good. Mohr looks to have the goods for sure to.

RFC really needs to get into the top end of the draft given where our overall list is at

Most will fail you realise that. We’d be giving up 7+ years of prime footballer for a speculative pick that odds say most likely won’t make 100 games. Makes absolutely no sense and would set the club back 7-10 years. We’d be the new west coast

AFL clubs and especially its supporters (mostly on this board) overvalue and hype up draft picks.

Most big sports brands in the NFL and NBA trade picks and future picks in abundance to get established players. I wish there wasn't a cap on how many first-rounders you could give out. If that means we can get established players from other clubs then essentially we become a destination club.

Also wish it was a lot easier to trade players like it is in other sports.

How long did it take Melbourne to get the team it has now and how many top end picks have they had?

If we have a hit-the-draft mentality prepare for 16 plus years of trash and false dawns

AFL clubs and especially its supporters (mostly on this board) overvalue and hype up draft picks.

Most big sports brands in the NFL and NBA trade picks and future picks in abundance to get established players. I wish there wasn't a cap on how many year you could give in first-rounders. If that means we can get established players from other clubs then essentially we become a destination club.

Also wish it was a lot easier to trade players like it is in other sports.

How long did it take Melbourne to get the team it has now and how many top end picks have they had?

If we have a hit-the-draft mentality prepare for 16 plus years of trash and false dawns
Nail-head draft picks are the most over rated commodity in AFL speak. I remember when all in sundry melted about us giving pick 6 for Prestia. Interested to know where that pick has gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a fair way off. Tassie team is expected to join in 5 years. I reckon he will take 2024 off then land a job for the 2025 season. Possibly Gold Coast if the rumours are correct.
In 3 years time, just when we are hitting rock bottom, Tassy will be allowed to starting stripping the best 17yos out before the draft

We won't have a genuine top 5 pick for years to come

History bloody repeating from 2009 on...

Thanks Steve Hocking.

I get the feeling some are worried about what RFC could do at the trade table to shake things up.

Lyon is trying to retire JR On the Couch with every second week narrative creation last night while Jonathan Brown is pushing for Harry McKay to the Swans and helping pay his salary for a draft pick

I also noticed Gil was on the sidelines of the game on the weekend for some reason at ground level soaking it in

Last edited:
I get the feeling some are worried about what RFC could do at the trade table to shake things up.

Lyon is trying to retire JR On the Couch with every second week narrative creation last night while Jonathan Brown is pushing for Harry McKay to the Swans and helping pay his salary for a draft pick

I also noticed Gil was on the sidelines of the game on the weekend for some reason at ground level soaking it in
yes his dream of dismantling his son's favourite club ... come on man

In 3 years time, just when we are hitting rock bottom, Tassy will be allowed to starting stripping the best 17yos out before the draft

We won't have a genuine top 5 pick for years to come

History bloody repeating from 2009 on...

Thanks Steve Hocking.

I fear it’s worse than that. At least, in 2009, we had a number of (future) champions on our list.

We are not going to get back to being the absolute powerhouse afl club by following everybody else.

Time for change is now and I see huge opportunities for first mover advantages if we embrace tech .

Injection of high tech young individuals in every aspect of our operations is a must.

E.g. recruitment ,finances,game plan,marketing etc

AI is going to be huge part of this and should not discount bitcoin either.

If I hadn't upgraded from my old grey Massey Ferguson many years ago id be broke so the answer is upgrade everything now .

What ya reckon Magic?

We are not going to get back to being the absolute powerhouse afl club by following everybody else.

Time for change is now and I see huge opportunities for first mover advantages if we embrace tech .

Injection of high tech young individuals in every aspect of our operations is a must.

E.g. recruitment ,finances,game plan,marketing etc

AI is going to be huge part of this and should not discount bitcoin either.

If I hadn't upgraded from my old grey Massey Ferguson many years ago id be broke so the answer is upgrade everything now .

What ya reckon Magic?
Super reliable the old grey/red Massey Ferg...still see 'em running around the farms even today...

The fact is Dimma this season was out of sorts bigtime preseason was a mess rocking up late that mystified me .The proof is in the pudding baffling decision by him and the club added to that fitness and conditioning side of it .We looked so much off the pace those 2 practice games fitness, skills, kicking and tactical.

Game day tactical wise wasn't great with moves , players out of position, team selection etc and his frustration.

Burnout I don't buy it. I reckon he jumped a sinking ship before it sunk further.

The fact is Dimma this season was out of sorts bigtime preseason was a mess rocking up late that mystified me .The proof is in the pudding baffling decision by him and the club added to that fitness and conditioning side of it .We looked so much off the pace those 2 practice games fitness, skills, kicking and tactical.

Game day tactical wise wasn't great with moves , players out of position, team selection etc and his frustration.

Burnout I don't buy it. I reckon he jumped a sinking ship before it sunk further.
What a load of s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back