Coach Is it time for Dimma to go?

Is it time for Dimma to go.

• Yes

Votes: 97 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 126 57.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I did say post 1980, after dumping Hafey we won one flag in 41 years.
Yeah but we played in two grand finals four and six years later.
It wasn't Hafey related.
It's an inconvenient truth, but Hafey had not quite lost a lot of the players, but they were questioning his game plan and wanted him to change it.

I just think if he’s in for the long haul, and someone asks about his long-term future, his reply would be “I’m fully committed, as passionate as ever and am excited about coaching this next wave of players” … not “Benny and I are in constant dialogue” about his future.

No big deal either way, I just don’t think anyone is set on wanting Dimma to coach long-term… either Dimma or the club. Given he’s contracted for 2024 he might be there next season (I wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t) - but I’ll be very surprised is he’s there 2025 onwards.

I want him to be, I’m just not convinced he thinks he’s the man long-term.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If what you’re saying is true then i think it’s wrong he stays as he would only be there for his personal financial gain and not in the bet interest for the club. I hope you’re wrong on that, but I have noticed he’s showing a lack of passion.

Holiday Conditioning? So he came back to Australia 4 weeks before the start of the season to a group that had been training for two months and introduced a game plan that would go on to win flags?, without the new assistants there would be no flags, I give him credit because he was the coach, but that’s as far as it goes.

and oh yeah we lost Hampson, who didn’t play a game in 2017 after spending more time in rehab than Dion Prestia, and Ben Griffith who played the first two rounds in 2017 so where does mid season start? End of 2016 or after round 2 2017, the game plan was in place before the start of the season in 20!7 it was implemented by the ”new” assistants ,I’m sure Dimma put in his two cents worth via Skype.

he gets credit for the flags as he was the senior coach, just as Tony Jewel was the coach in 80 but back then Sheedy was taking the training sessions, but jewel got the credit.

again he was at Harvard till the first practice game, is it plausible that he arrived two days before that game and introduced a new game plan?

there are fairies at the bottom of your garden,
lol
he is the head coach the assistant coaches would have implemented the plan that he signed off on prior to training starting
what you are suggesting is he had no input into it because he was over seas at the start of training

i do agree that with out the assistant coaches there would be no flag but with out Dimma there would also be no flags
all the parts are relevant

Dimma has been great, the club will go back to the dark ages if we listen to supporters who think we should just dump him

history repeating its self

Yeah but we played in two grand finals four and six years later.
It wasn't Hafey related.
It's an inconvenient truth, but Hafey had not quite lost a lot of the players, but they were questioning his game plan and wanted him to change it.

and how much did the game plan change from 1976 -1980 1982 ?
i would think very very little
we still had 3-4 talls in the front half and we still went long

and how much did the game plan change from 1976 -1980 1982 ?
i would think very very little
we still had 3-4 talls in the front half and we still went long
Well it didn't work in 75 and 76.
We had a near crippled Hart on one leg and the plan was still bang it long to Royce.
The Roos and Hawks were RUNNING the ball, CHANGING DIRECTION and placing heavier emphasis on SKILL.
The game had changed.
Even in 1980, with Raines, Flea, Rowlings, Wood, Wiley we ran the ball beautifully downfield. It wasn't just go long and bomb.

More rubbish from you. Amazing how you know this, yet the AFL world and club management etc have been hoodwinked by Hardwick this entire time.
Those extra premierships and that extended multi million dollar contract has been given to a fraud.

This guys is a crazy operator if that’s the case. He has the world fooled. But not you, you clever little sausage
So you are going to admit you are wrong re our 2017 game plan, or just pot shot others???
You do know that Butler, Rioli and Castagna were there from round one and were staples of the game plan during pre-season.
But you tried to invent some notion that Hardwick went to this plan mid-season once Griffiths was ruled out and Hampson could no longer keep up.
It was ALWAYS the plan and modelled on the Bulldogs' forward pressure model that brought a flag the year before.

So you are going to admit you are wrong re our 2017 game plan, or just pot shot others???
You do know that Butler, Rioli and Castagna were there from round one and were staples of the game plan during pre-season.
But you tried to invent some notion that Hardwick went to this plan mid-season once Griffiths was ruled out and Hampson could no longer keep up.
It was ALWAYS the plan and modelled on the Bulldogs' forward pressure model that brought a flag the year before.

I’ll admit I got my timeline wrong but I also said the pressure game was there from the start. It’s also a known fact we changed things mid season through necessity. We went small in the ruck. We brought in Townsend to engage the most dangerous intercept defender and brought in a Graham to play a higher defensive forward almost running shot gun with Lambert.
Unlike many others here I’ll admit when I am incorrect and in this case it was my timeline.

How about we start playing players in there natural positions to Ross no winger ,Sonie the same and Miller as a backman Balta, we're starting again to swing him .Bauer, for me was also looking good up forward maybe it's a learning procedure.

How about we start playing players in there natural positions to Ross no winger ,Sonie the same and Miller as a backman Balta, we're starting again to swing him .Bauer, for me was also looking good up forward maybe it's a learning procedure.

Talking about players out of position.. Marlion Pickett has been wasted. He is a pure centreman. I watched many games when he was playing for South Fremantle and he would often dominate in the middle. It is possible that if he was being played in the middle for the last three years we wouldn't have even gone after Hopper and Toranto.

Talking about players out of position.. Marlion Pickett has been wasted. He is a pure centreman. I watched many games when he was playing for South Fremantle and he would often dominate in the middle. It is possible that if he was being played in the middle for the last three years we wouldn't have even gone after Hopper and Toranto.
I'd like to see him off half back, along with our other 11 half back flankers ;)

In 21 he was in the middle, back up ruck, even won a few hit outs.

Now selectors have him off the wing and now playing up forward. I don't really think he is a natural fwd.

Obviously list management didn't think Ross was good enough midfield depth either.

Bolton is good in the middle and we need run and talent on the wings. Kmac is out of contract and not sure if his run, alone is enough

I actually would like to see him played high half foward
  • Good Kick
  • Has Pace
  • Great Mark
  • Applies pressure
  • Reads the play and has footy smarts

Back