Coach Is it time for Dimma to go?

Is it time for Dimma to go.

• Yes

Votes: 97 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 126 57.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

3 Premiership Coach he will always be remembered as one of our Greatest coaches but the time is right for a change.
I'd be trying to get Justin Leppitsch as headcoach.

Last edited:
Who is responsible for undisciplined acts? Who is responsible for getting the players set up on the ground and eventually giving the opposition a free kick? Who is responsible for the game plan?
It's on the coach because it keeps happening the last two now 3 seasons. not fixed yet.

Last edited:
Dimma is as Dimma has always been.

It's what's around him that counts, to cover his coaching deficiencies. David Teague, McQualter who else? Whoever, they're clearly not up to it.

Classic example today, Swans tag Dusty for 4 quarters. Meanwhile Papley runs around with no one on him.

I don't see the forwards and defenders huddle like they used to during the quarters. The team connection is gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is time. He has been in the caper a little too long and needs a full reset. He still has in his mind that he is coaching our 18-20 side with Dusty at his peak and all the rest in the prime of their career.

Needs that major reset to realise that we are not in a winning position so why do we constantly get coached to down hill ski when we are not always going to win the contest.

When his contract is up, its most likely time to go i think. The results are not utterly terrible, we have some kids coming through & obviously the past success is all time legacy stuff. But this team has felt like its been a bit broken for a couple of years now & it might be time to face a a new voice - but who is the big question. Stuff up the next hire and you can go backwards super fast.

Said he wasn’t winning another flag as RFC coach back in 2021, this is where the league/clubs need to be better, stop keeping coaches on board because of past achievements, when it’s time to go, it’s time to go

Hawks, Bulldogs, West Coast & now Richmond have held onto premiership coaches longer than they’ve needed to

Call needs to be made

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We clearly got it wrong in the off-season and that couldn’t be more evident by the fact Cumbo wasn’t in our best 22 round 1 and we were calling our former captain Trent Coleman in preseason.

We need to change. It might surprise people but we were the highest scoring team in the AFL last year and we didn’t have a midfield. We now have Taranto, Hopper and Dusty is fit, Sonsie also has another preseason under his belt. It’s not rocket science, go back to what we were doing last year, don’t try to re-invent our defensive gameplan that we just don’t have the players to support anymore. Rant over!

Also, I don’t think it’s Hardwick, I think it’s his assistants like Rutten who are just happy to have a job.

Should have been gone after Mrs. Hardwick. Clearly the brains. 🤣

Seriously, he is either unwilling to adapt the gameplan to the current rules (still not adjusting to the stand rule and 6-6-6), or unable to. Either way is a bad sign.

Also, his arrogance the last couple of games. We play a plan b gameplan and kick 7 goals in a quarter 2 weeks in a row, and then he switches back to the same, ineffective gameplan that didn't work before the change and screws us out of the game.

His continued spouting of 'We learn more from our losses and learn from our mistakes' and yet, we continue to make the same mistakes week in and week out like we haven't learnt and they are just empty words.

Thank you for your service, the hard work, 3 wonderful flags and a good nearly half decade of being the best side in the competition, but time to move on, mate.

Players are a product of coaches, I truly believe it we looked like we didn't have a good pre-season. when we played Melbourne there was warning signs easily they cut us up you can still tell from Practice matches how we are going.

Back