How do you feel towards Dimma on the eve of the 2024 season?

How do you feel towards Dimma on the eve of the 2024 season?

• Strongly negative. He's an oppo coach who poached our staff and along with the AFL,screwed us over.

• Mildly negative. It doesn't sit well.

• Neutral/indifferent

• Mildly positive. It sits well.

• Strongly Positive. Would have him back in a heartbeat

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really. I’ve moved on. Why does it matter if he had an offer from GC before he left? Those who keep harping on about it all just look salty to me. There’s no need to feel betrayed or cheated on by Dimma. He hasn’t done anything wrong
Maybe the culture he was part of at Richmond? Maybe he wasnt fully committed. What makes you think Dimma with his new wife and huge contract are going to get anywhere near the success Richmond had?
I reckon the guy is gonna crash and burn. There was a lot of people committed to Richmond. Dimma is actually turning into a flog. Good luck to him the moneys good.
He will not win another premiership at Suns.

Maybe the culture he was part of at Richmond? Maybe he wasnt fully committed. What makes you think Dimma with his new wife and huge contract are going to get anywhere near the success Richmond had?
I reckon the guy is gonna crash and burn. There was a lot of people committed to Richmond. Dimma is actually turning into a flog. Good luck to him the moneys good.
He will not win another premiership at Suns.

Where did I say I think he’ll get the same success there? I couldn’t care less what happens to him over there (I do have an increased interest in the Suns though), but it doesn’t change my opinion on him. Everyone with half a brain could see his time at Richmond had to end, but all of a sudden, he betrayed us etc

Nothing but love. Want us the thrash them in Rd Zero. Think the game is better off when hes involved. Hes not afraid to call out the AFL and their bullshit. So I wish him all the best.

Not really. I’ve moved on. Why does it matter if he had an offer from GC before he left? Those who keep harping on about it all just look salty to me. There’s no need to feel betrayed or cheated on by Dimma. He hasn’t done anything wrong
Of course the truth matters! Not sure about you but I think the club and personell should always aim to be truthful to its members.

Being grounded in truth is being grounded in reality. It keeps everyone transparent and accountable, and reach the highest standards of performance. If he had an offer and didn't disclose it as a reason for leaving, hes avoiding accountability in his decision and of course many fans will feel somewhat betrayed .

Such a low bar to hurdle.

Have they , I think the connection of dusty to GC became a thing with dimma going north , unheard of prior
Na been plenty of Dusty to Gold Coast scuttle but over the years 2022 off season in particular had a fair few journos linking him to a move after his kidney injury late 21” and after hardwicks split with Danielle

Where did I say I think he’ll get the same success there? I couldn’t care less what happens to him over there (I do have an increased interest in the Suns though), but it doesn’t change my opinion on him. Everyone with half a brain could see his time at Richmond had to end, but all of a sudden, he betrayed us etc
Agree with you and would rather Suns than Coll, Carlton etc premiership wise lol.

How do you feel towards Dimma on the eve of the 2024 season, having regard to the way he left and the subsequent poaching of staff?

What about the old sausages vs new toys comments?
He is an opposition coach…dont care for him

if he keeps stealing our personnel….ill fair dinkum spew up

hope we kick goldy’s butt big time just to rub his nose in it….

you know…his message was no longer getting through…playing same old..
along comes Ooze…and bang!

yeah it was the fact that he mentioned Danielle more than any fugn coach in history has or ever will

every fugn presser he trotted her out bignoting his family man image

kinda made it worse somehow

think he mightve been mk ultra'd in the u.s

Every presser?
Probably mentioned her 5-10 times in 13 years.
But carry on

3 premierships after 37 years in the wilderness pretty much says it all!!
All the other sh!t , is irrelevant, if it wasn’t for Dimma we’d all be bemoaning 43 years of mediocrity
That’s all fair enough ,id prefer he just sail off into the sunset and leave the RFC well alone, that’s called out of sight out of mind

Of course the truth matters! Not sure about you but I think the club and personell should always aim to be truthful to its members.

Being grounded in truth is being grounded in reality. It keeps everyone transparent and accountable, and reach the highest standards of performance. If he had an offer and didn't disclose it as a reason for leaving, hes avoiding accountability in his decision and of course many fans will feel somewhat betrayed .

Such a low bar to hurdle.
Not sure if it is our business, Dimma is a free person in a free market with no real obligation to share his business with us, he was leaving at the end of the season anyway we all could see the writing on the wall, leaving early was a win win for both parties.

Our only concern should be if were not kicking the Suns arses everytime we meet them.

The club will always be bigger than the individual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s all fair enough ,id prefer he just sail off into the sunset and leave the RFC well alone, that’s called out of sight out of mind
Dimma was always going to drag some of our staff up North, comes with the territory of being a successful coach.

The club will attract good people, be it, coaches, administrators, staff. Got Benny and a very stable board seeing to that

I believe everything happens for a reason, and I think this has too…
We got stale with Dimma, and it was just a reheat with Mini…
Adem Yze is just what we need…People are starting to listen to what he has to say…And we look like a fun club again

The club and players were part of successful period; however, we have a new coach and I want see us bury Gold Coast.

The whole saga of how he left and his subsequent action, feels like he has screwed the club over.

Does it matter? Rewind to before he even left. A lot on here were quite vocal that he should leave etc. Suddenly he does and the same group are acting like their wife of 30 years divorced them for a man in their 20s

5 years ago Hardwick is taking pay cuts. If he's money grubbing, don't take the pay cut.

The club "culture" peaked in 17 ~19. COVID was a tester. Played good footy but 2 breaches of protocol cost.

I agree mentioning the missus and then having to divorce ain't perfect. The team's form in 23 was crap and Dimma steps down saying his message ain't getting through.

If he felt his message was stale, and steps down. Unprecedented. Microphones in front of coaches all the time. I forgive a slip up here or there.

I felt his last 3 years weren't great. He could've done a Clarkson and hang around.
I think Gale has the shell shock I have from our ruthless coach sacking days.

I can't believe he survived 2016, but eternally grateful for the flags.

Last edited:
It's just the way the industry is, for mine. It was fairly clear he had another offer on the table, rather than being 'burned out' from coaching in general. He was probably cooked from coaching Richmond, needed a fresh start.

Now he's the enemy, but he lead us to 3 flags. That's fine with me.
I dont think hes a good matchday coach

woeful

Love what he did for the club, but lost a lot of respect for him cheating on his missus, who he so fondly talked about during our premiership years. Neither here nor there on him now, is just another coach of a side I have no interest in
sounds like you need to have a talk to him on the famous table

Back