How do you feel towards Dimma on the eve of the 2024 season?

How do you feel towards Dimma on the eve of the 2024 season?

• Strongly negative. He's an oppo coach who poached our staff and along with the AFL,screwed us over.

• Mildly negative. It doesn't sit well.

• Neutral/indifferent

• Mildly positive. It sits well.

• Strongly Positive. Would have him back in a heartbeat

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think hes a good matchday coach

woeful
I’ve always said that throughout his whole tenure..

He’s emotionally and irrational just like the Scott brothers

He and we were very lucky to have amazing assistants and support crew to have such success

I’ve always said that throughout his whole tenure..

He’s emotionally and irrational just like the Scott brothers

He and we were very lucky to have amazing assistants and support crew to have such success
used to melt hard when he couldnt make a simple move on gameday that all the drunken supporters could see

He's only at the Suns because of what he did with us.

Without his time at Richmond, there is no Dimma, so why hate on him?

It's actually a massive compliment to our football club that he's even at the Suns.

He will also never see the heights of his time at the Tigers with the Suns, even if they are regular finalists, because he inherited a pre-made list with the Suns that's had years of top draft picks and awesome talent drafted in.

At the Tigers, the list was being built when he arrived, and very few players who played in our 2017 flag were at the club in 2010.

When Dimma retires, he'll be remembered as a Richmond dynasty coach who finished his career at the Suns by making them competitive, and if he's lucky he might jag a flag or two as a coach, but it won't be the same type of success that he had with us.

So ultimately, if Adem Yze turns out to be a good coach for us, it's probably perfect that he left when he did. It's just a pity that we didn't get the chance to have Adam Kingsley at the helm, that'd be my only downside to him giving 2023 a crack.

I was in for one final ride in 2023 just like him, and I think you have to go for it a bit and take some risks. When he realized it wasn't gonna happen, he got himself out of there to give someone else a chance, and then got head-hunted by the Suns to save their club. He probably knew that would happen, but honestly, why begrudge the man for a sea-change?

Hope the Suns do well, but not against us. And I hope Dimma doesn't mind going up to Cairns now and again... at least he can't lose to the Suns there anymore! :drunk:

He's only at the Suns because of what he did with us.

Without his time at Richmond, there is no Dimma, so why hate on him?

It's actually a massive compliment to our football club that he's even at the Suns.

He will also never see the heights of his time at the Tigers with the Suns, even if they are regular finalists, because he inherited a pre-made list with the Suns that's had years of top draft picks and awesome talent drafted in.

At the Tigers, the list was being built when he arrived, and very few players who played in our 2017 flag were at the club in 2010.

When Dimma retires, he'll be remembered as a Richmond dynasty coach who finished his career at the Suns by making them competitive, and if he's lucky he might jag a flag or two as a coach, but it won't be the same type of success that he had with us.

So ultimately, if Adem Yze turns out to be a good coach for us, it's probably perfect that he left when he did. It's just a pity that we didn't get the chance to have Adam Kingsley at the helm, that'd be my only downside to him giving 2023 a crack.

I was in for one final ride in 2023 just like him, and I think you have to go for it a bit and take some risks. When he realized it wasn't gonna happen, he got himself out of there to give someone else a chance, and then got head-hunted by the Suns to save their club. He probably knew that would happen, but honestly, why begrudge the man for a sea-change?

Hope the Suns do well, but not against us. And I hope Dimma doesn't mind going up to Cairns now and again... at least he can't lose to the Suns there anymore! :drunk:
I respect what he achieved for the RFC not so much how the last 12m unfolded , lots of bs and subterfuge, it all suggests a deal was ratified pre season and 2023 was just marking time , thats the bit that grates on me as not a single decision other than it was time to fk off was a progressive one , consistent to how the club had gone about it previously

he ditched us the second it became obvious we weren't in the premiership picture and he'd clearly lost all confidence in the state of our list.
no hand over, nothing, just i'm burnt out now bye.
10 minutes later oh actually all these sacks of money gill just dropped off at my house make me feel much better i'm going to coach the suns because theyre 80% the way to a premiership or so I believe.

fast forward to 2024 round one or zero or whatever, we smash them. you cannot undersell how ******* beautiful that would be.

The bloke delivered us three flags and the best five years of following the club since I was born and thankful of him for it.

He can depart on his own terms, even if it's to coach another club (just thankful not Carlton, Collingwood or Essendon as that would be hard to swallow).

Besides, it was clear our dynasty era was over and needed to refresh. Dimma leaving was best for both the club and him.

In fact, except against us, I would like to see him successful at Gold Coast. Would genuinely be happy to see him make finals or win the premiership with them.

Neutral/Indifferent for me.
The split ended better than most coaches with clubs. But at the same time I do not think it was all rosey with some of the players towards the end.

Can't really blame him for poaching staff every coach does it even Paul Roos did it with Sydney.
Coaches want staff they can trust, We argubly did it with the Hawks with Newman they would have liked to have kept him but Yze trusted him & has worked with him before.

No one can take away what he has done as Premiership coach for Richmond but at the same time nothing better than rolling the Suns in round 0 as a parting gift!

I will be forever grateful for the 3 flags he helped achieve at the club, however I was pretty disappointed with how it all ended. Walking out less than midway through the season was not ideal. I think we deserved better than that.

I don’t wish him any ill will, however I can’t say I want him to succeed up there either. I will be delighted if we beat them whenever we play them.

Very thankful for the 3 premierships but I’ve never liked dima

And that’s going back to his playing days… He was a hot headed dirty grub of a defender that played for 2 of the most bogan flog hated teams for me

And to be honest that’s how I saw him as coach for the most part and especially the first few tough years..

I admit he improved a heap, pulled back his ego and brought the playing group together to believe in a game style that brought ultra success.

But I never couldn’t stand the arrogance, fake shitty comments all the time, the over use of his wife when he then cheated on and clearly didn’t preach what he preached of others as the Coach of such a historical huge club… that pissed me off…

Summing it up I’ll always be internally grateful for those flags but happy he’s gone and hope he fails like hell at the suns

I am indifferent. Whilst thankful for some of the best and worst football during his tenureship, I don't feel an animosity towards him at all. I am interested to see how he can transform this Sun side. Hopefully they can knock out some of the more consistent top 8 teams this year.

Poster above is right. No looking back now (except for the grand finals). It's all about the Yze Era now.

He was a huge part of our dynasty and for that I'll always be grateful.

Round zero will have a little bit of extra spice because of Dimma. I reckon Dusty will play a blinder and Richmond might just snag a win.

When the Suns play Richmond in the last round of the season, I'll be there. When Dimma runs up to the Richmond cheer squad for a few high fives, I'll give the man a standing ovation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CFL had a lot to say on his leaving.

I thought they hated him?
Not if it effs over Richmond
Agree man but then the AFL did create GC and want them to succeed ASAP after 14 years of sweet FA.

Corrupt absolutely and the AFL saw an opening and took it!!

Where did I say I think he’ll get the same success there? I couldn’t care less what happens to him over there (I do have an increased interest in the Suns though), but it doesn’t change my opinion on him. Everyone with half a brain could see his time at Richmond had to end, but all of a sudden, he betrayed us etc
He did * us over should pulled the pin at the end of 22 instead of the farce of 2023

One good thing for Dimma at the Suns is if he ever does win a flag there he will be able to pay a personal visit to each and every supporter and still have time too fly out to the US for some fact finding mission that allows him to escape the slog of pre season training.

I’ll boo him at Opening Round, it’s part of footy culture to do it. I assume a fair few tigers will make the trip up there too? Will be interesting to see what kind of reception he gets
Boo the Suns pregame warm ups? Or at the QTR time coach address?

I'll follow your cue.

Hopefully we are up on the scoreboard and cheering.

Boo the Suns pregame warm ups? Or at the QTR time coach address?

I'll follow your cue.

Hopefully we are up on the scoreboard and cheering.

When he runs up the race and is shown on the big screen 🤷🏼‍♂️

I've always backed Dimma, even during the 2016 year when many people were calling for his head. Lately, more of what happened in the past has begun to seep out and not all of it is great. I'm not a huge fan of how he treated the lockdown/hub situation when he went north. He had to be pulled in line before he left and fell to pieces when he was away. The leaders brought the team together and the 2020 flag is predominately driven by them. The whole cheating, lying and putting his self interests above the team/club was a distraction that the playing group had to overcome.

After that flag and the hub, I feel he was mentally spent in 2021 and he was looking for the door by the end of that year. When he lost the assistant coaches and leaders around the club that year, the people who had worked with him so tightly and collaboratively to create the culture and strategies that won us the three flags, he wanted to run away. He could see the writing on the wall and didn't have to motivation or energy to go again without those key people along side him.

So in 2023 he ran.

He escaped using his reputation to start afresh away from his past and away from the lofty expectations the Richmond faithful and Football Public had on him as coach of Tigerland...

...and I sort of get it. I truly do. He was spent and wanted a new challenge, with a new group, in a distant state, with his new girlfriend. Away from the people he cared about who had felt he had failed and judged him. Away from the team who he could see were aging and would have to begin again. The pressure, expectation and workload all became too much.

I think we could have won another if he'd held it together and kept the assistant coaching team unified. I really do. But he couldn't. He shattered the culture with his actions. Perhaps it was fracturing anyway. Perhaps there was nothing anyone could have done to keep it together but his actions were the hammer that fell and splintered the coaches and players forever. The coach.

So, how do I feel about him. I'll always cherish the three flags he gave us and the memories I will value to the day I die but - Disappointed ✅Frustrated ✅ Angry ✅ Understanding❓

In the end I wish him every success....as long as it doesn't affect us and hurt our success moving forward. Selfishly, I just wish he could have held it together for a little longer. Good luck Dimma, I wish you well but leave us alone now so we can all move on.

What he achieved was great & how he ended it was crap. According to the results 44% think negatively, 34% are indifferent & 22% are mildly positive, or better. So close to 80% of fans are negative or indifferent towards him, despite winning 3 flags.

Says it all really. The end was very s**t

he ditched us the second it became obvious we weren't in the premiership picture and he'd clearly lost all confidence in the state of our list.
no hand over, nothing, just i'm burnt out now bye.
10 minutes later oh actually all these sacks of money gill just dropped off at my house make me feel much better i'm going to coach the suns because theyre 80% the way to a premiership or so I believe.

fast forward to 2024 round one or zero or whatever, we smash them. you cannot undersell how ******* beautiful that would be.
That was no secret though, he made it perfectly clear years ago that when our list was no longer in contention, he wouldn't be around for a rebuild.

I'm beginning to feel maybe a little resentment or even just less positivity towards the guy. There are so many fluff pieces and it sort of paints this picture as things are all rosy now with the Suns and Dimma is a new man. It's almost like we are the bad guy and he has a new lease on life for getting out of that environment.

I feel like he just needs to get over himself. Go up there, succeed and people will sing your praises as this master coach. But also this positivity talk, speaking of renewed energy, the constant optimism about absolutely everything, I think it's all going to backfire.

I like the way Lyon went about it at St Kilda, no media circus and constant attention. He just went out there and said "Hey, we aren't putting any limits on what we can do as a group." I don't think Fly came in and talked up the Pies as having 80% of their premiership list already on the list and yet that ended up being true.

It's an elite competition, ruthless, cutthroat. It's why I liked what Yze said along the lines of "If you live in the past, you die in the present." Our list was galvanized by those early losses at the start of Dimmas tenure, we were worse than Fitzroy apparently. We stuck fat, built a culture, created the relationships that would drive the club forward. It was all organic. They are just slapping it on Gold Coast like a fresh coat of paint, we will find out pretty quick if it's the right strategy.

Back