How do you feel towards Dimma on the eve of the 2024 season?

How do you feel towards Dimma on the eve of the 2024 season?

• Strongly negative. He's an oppo coach who poached our staff and along with the AFL,screwed us over.

• Mildly negative. It doesn't sit well.

• Neutral/indifferent

• Mildly positive. It sits well.

• Strongly Positive. Would have him back in a heartbeat

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What he achieved was great & how he ended it was crap. According to the results 44% think negatively, 34% are indifferent & 22% are mildly positive, or better. So close to 80% of fans are negative or indifferent towards him, despite winning 3 flags.

Says it all really. The end was very s**t

BigFooty would be about 1% of the supporter base. I think the poll says more about the posters here than anything else

That was no secret though, he made it perfectly clear years ago that when our list was no longer in contention, he wouldn't be around for a rebuild.
yeah but when you think about it thats actually worse. he decided we were so beyond hope that instead of doing a proper sunsetting and handing it over at the end of the year he bailed like a third of the way through the season and completely stuffed us.
it mustve been a kick in the guts to the players knowing his stance on leaving when he deemed the list in need of a total rebuild. he couldnt even stand to see out the season.
In no way do I buy the "he made way for mini to shine" why wouldn't he have just framed it that way?

that's why i reckon it'll be extra sweet for everyone to beat the suns this year. he left because he saw no future for our current list but with a new modern gameplan and a few tweaks lets see what we can do.

yeah but when you think about it thats actually worse. he decided we were so beyond hope that instead of doing a proper sunsetting and handing it over at the end of the year he bailed like a third of the way through the season and completely stuffed us.
it mustve been a kick in the guts to the players knowing his stance on leaving when he deemed the list in need of a total rebuild. he couldnt even stand to see out the season.
In no way do I buy the "he made way for mini to shine" why wouldn't he have just framed it that way?

that's why i reckon it'll be extra sweet for everyone to beat the suns this year. he left because he saw no future for our current list but with a new modern gameplan and a few tweaks lets see what we can do.

Didn’t he leave half way through because he needed a break before taking on the Suns gig? Seems like it was the best decision for both himself and the club that he stepped away when he did. It wouldn’t have done any good him seeing the season out

Problem is though, it wasn't just Dimma that wanted to win another flag, it was the whole club and the supporters. I never read a thread saying we need to rebuild our list now that we have won 3 flags in 4. He and the club saw another flag with the team we had, maybe it was supposed to be 2022 but a shoddy Arc call stuffed us.

I think it's easy in hindsight to say we should have gone another route. I think Dimma leaving when he did was the best outcome for the club, having him around the whole season would have been a why bother. We got a good look at our list last year and what is needed and missing.

Maybe Dimma should have left after 2022 but when you go down by a shoddy Arc call and then you're allowed to recruit Taranto & Hopper I don't think pulling the pin was on the cards.

Last edited:
Back