Awesome movies thread III 🎥 🎦 📽

Remove this Banner Ad

Judgement night 1993
After hours 1985

Both movies are based over one night when things just keep going wrong.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bit off track and it may have been mentioned previously, a 2014 Aussie film called "The Little Death"

You may be able to watch it on you tube, comedy about the sex lives of 4-5 different couples, good movie, the last 15 or so minutes is brilliant.

South Paw - worth a look, boxing movie but very heavy emotionally.

Was on TV last night. very good and a bit disturbing too.

Went to see La La Land last night - wife's choice. I actually enjoyed it.

Same writer/director as the movie Whiplash. Should clean up at the Academy Awards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Split.

Didn't expect this to be so good.
Just love what M. Night did with this as he set things up for further development and integration.
Terrific as a stand-alone story but better as part of a larger whole.
I thought it was terrible. Slow, meandering, uneventful. All built up to a reference that flew over my head.

:eek:.............:huh:

I won't explain the ending as it is a serious spoiler, but it does help to be aware of M.Nights earlier works.

The ending is actually very exciting. Great concept and I'd love to roast Mr. Shyamalan, but I can't. This was brilliantly executed and the door has been kicked wide open for something really quite exciting, to follow.
I understand how it would be exciting if I'd seen the film it was referencing - but because I haven't, it was a big build with no payoff.

Don't get me wrong - McEvoy was spectacular as usual, but without knowing the twist and reference material, it became incredibly underwhelming.

I saw 'The Great Wall' last night. Luckily it was a Gold Class viewing. I don't understand cinema or get a kick out of it like I did when I was younger. Run a helicopter over breathtaking views. Put up computer built images of the Great Wall. Extravagant production. Lots of extras dressed in different coloured clothing. Blood and guts. Huge bangs coming out of the sound system. It doesn't make up for a shite story. What was Matt Damon thinking? And... There's definitely a sequel on the way.:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back