AFL 2017 - R5 - Richmond v Melbourne - AFL Rd 5, 2017 - Mon Apr 24 - MCG@7:25

Remove this Banner Ad

this

we are LONG odds next week, reality is we have been playing out wins and are a border line top 8 side, but the crows are playing footy in some rarefied air right now

that being said, we travel well and have a decent record in Adelaide off memory. Our players will be going over thinking they are a shot, and I think this will be a ripper of a game. dont expect the four, but really looking forward to it
Thought melbourne threw everything at Richmond first half and Tigers managed to absorb a lot of that which is a good sign.

5-0 is an excellent platform to not just make finals but ensure a home.final

I'm still not sold on them, they looked pretty poor in patches tonight. But they do have a handful of players who can turn it on and hurt you in one quarter

I'm expecting the Crows to do them by 40+ next week but if the Tigers get up and win over there, look out. I hope they do.

The crowd tonight was amazing as well, hopefully the two clubs can keep building on this and crowds don't fall away if the form does. A heavily Richmond crowd but still a decent amount of Demons there too. Biggest crowd in the history of our two clubs.

Fun fact, despite winning 22 premierships between them, Melbourne and Richmond haven't played in the same finals series since WW2.
Ah ha. You.answered my latter question. Thats a staggering statistic.

Thought melbourne threw everything at Richmond first half and Tigers managed to absorb a lot of that which is a good sign.

5-0 is an excellent platform to not just make finals but ensure a home.final

given you have an annual troll thread "this year RFC will win the flag....lol", I think I'll stick with my 7-10 prediction for us ;)

So much pain in this thread, it's fantastic. Melbourne got their reality check. Their best ever finish under Roos was twelfth. How anyone thought they were gonna make the 8 was foolhardy at best. Look at the blokes talking it up - Ox, Lyon, Healey, Sheahan. What's the one common denominator there?
Maintain the rage folks and viva the revolution. Go tiges.

Send from my ipad with righteous man power.

When North dropped from 9-0 last year it was funny. When Richmond drop - and it is when, because they were pumped for three quarters by an average team and somehow got out of it - I'm not sure how I'll feel.

TBH if the dogs don't win the flag I'd be happy for the tigers to. But they won't - this soft draw will be revealed to be exactly that sooner rather than later.
Confidence is an amazing thing, you as a dogs supporter should realise this.

And as for the injury excuse being bandied about by pathetic commentators like Roos and cry babies in here, go have a look at the dogs performance of 2016. Didn't see them using it as a justification on performance.
Fact is we were over running the dees in the second half of the third quarter. We missed 4 or 5 set shots in the last 10 minutes. We should of gone into the last quarter evens.

2 players down and still struggled to beat us.

Worst 5-0 team ever.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Dees were 2 men down from half time and had still managed to build a 20 point lead by 3/4 time. Having watched the Dees the last 2 weeks prior to our game one thing that has stood out to me is that when the game is on Melbourne terms they are very good front runners, but when it becomes a bit of a battle they are quick to fold and lack any real leadership to help them get back into the game. Last night was no different, when Richmond started to get a run on the Dees leaders were nowhere to be found. You can hide behind the 2 injuries, but had the Dees got up no doubt you'd be hailing it as a great win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood are poo, West Coast couldn't beat Fitzroy at the g and melbourne were killed by injuries. Not treat examples

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Who have the Dees beat?

Melbourne are s**t, weak as piss loser club, just come to terms with it, won't be doing anything this year or in another 10 years regardless of how much talent you bring in.

Ohh and before you say it Collingwood are trash and poorly coached, I can actually come to terms with it.

Well he's only learnt that from their other leader Nathan Jones.

Before that their two captains lived on the treatment table. And before that they sacked their best player - James MacDonald.

So forgive them if they are bereft of leadership.
Don't knock Jones. Whilst I respect we are pretty average, Jones is one that isn't and has been a club stalwart and led from the front. Much like Cotchin.

I find a significant amount of fault in relinquishing a 23 point 3/4 time lead. It has nothing to do with selection. Our turnovers were horrendous. We had no forward presence. We need Pederson in, I agree, but you can't be giving up those leads. It's 3 in a row, it's a trend therefore a concern.

We got smashed in the centre in the last quarter because Watts had been rucking for almost 3/4 on his own. He was completely stuffed. Injuries were a factor, as they were against the Cats (and bad kicking in that game too). It's frustrating that we've lost 3 winnable games but sometimes thems the breaks, no use bitching and moaning about it. We're on the right track.

tigers-e1486433341239.jpg
That's a pregnant Tiger that has been shagged by Dusty. Watch out for the father and son's!

Last edited:
We got smashed in the centre in the last quarter because Watts had been rucking for almost 3/4 on his own. He was completely stuffed. Injuries were a factor, as they were against the Cats (and bad kicking in that game too). It's frustrating that we've lost 3 winnable games but sometimes thems the breaks, no use bitching and moaning about it. We're on the right track.
I am not bitching and moaning. If we can find the effort to run around in the backline for the last quarter we can find the effort to do that in our forward line.

Jones and Viney are playing average football at best. Lewis hopefully makes a difference, and I am absolutely convinced his absence has cost us games. To be rubbed out the way he was is nothing short of negligent. We recruit a bloke to provide experience and direction to our midfield and he gets rubbed out for 3 weeks for being a moron.

The pressure over the next month is now so much more amplified. There is not one game that I'll pencil in as being winnable. They are all 50/50. The pressure is seriously on. We can count ourselves lucky against Carlton, because the only good game we have played was round 1.

Some of our players need to seriously lift next week. Hogan, Viney, Jones, McDonald, Melksham, Tyson were very very average last night. Jesse Hogan, seriously this bloke needs to get serious. Off in WA at a festival smoking? He kicked 3 charity goals last night and is lucky he has Garlett up there with him. He should have put his hand up and gone into the ruck last night. Got himself into the game.

Next week we should be bringing back Lewis, Pederson, Kent. And Spencer, Vince and JKH can have a spell. Hogan is out of touch due to not playing for 3 weeks so should be rotating in the middle with Pederson. Watts is our most in form forward and one bloke that is seriously seriously good.

All I'll say is that If we fluff next week, we are bottom 4 locks. The excuses are over for Melbourne. If this club is fu***** serious about playing finals they'll win by 10 goals next week, give Adelaide a scare, and beat Hawthorn and North by 5-6 goals. We need to be 6-3 to be serious about 2017. So far we've been lazy, complacent, and downright pathetic for the last four weeks. The results flatter us.

Lol, is that you Paul Roos? I suppose the umps crucified you guys as well. Western Bulldogs didn't seem to have an issue with game day injuries last year.
We were over running you guys from the midway point of the third quarter and you were 6 points up at half time. If we had of kicked straight and not missed 4 sitters at the end if the third, we would of gone in even.
You blew a 23 point lead, and it's the third time this season you guys have folded. It's mental as much as anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

We've heard all summer how Melbourne was a genuine top 4 chance, for what reason I don't know unless we are basing this off the fact they almost made the finals and not all but a lot of the supporter base got way ahead of themselves, example is some of the poorest losers you'll ever see ITT, if they were half as good as they thought they were they still would have managed to hold on in the last quarter, instead we get excuses.

Would read again.
Learnt
-jack is a flog
-petracca is a turnover machine
-Cotchin is weak
-Vince is gone
-Martin is just ok
-some bloke hates Houli
-Grigg shouldn't get a game
-Oliver throws it
-Daisy Pearce is a bitch
-someone wants to fight Melksham
-Nankervis is s**t because Watts done a good job
-Hogan is fat

But mostly
-thread is full of dills.

Would read again.
Learnt
-jack is a flog
-petracca is a turnover machine
-Cotchin is weak
-Vince is gone
-Martin is just ok
-some bloke hates Houli
-Grigg shouldn't get a game
-Oliver throws it
-Daisy Pearce is a bitch
-someone wants to fight Melksham
-Nankervis is s**t because Watts done a good job
-Hogan is fat

But mostly
-thread is full of dills.

Don't forget Viney being a fake tough guy and going missing when it counts.

We've heard all summer how Melbourne was a genuine top 4 chance, for what reason I don't know unless we are basing this off the fact they almost made the finals and not all but a lot of the supporter base got way ahead of themselves, example is some of the poorest losers you'll ever see ITT, if they were half as good as they thought they were they still would have managed to hold on in the last quarter, instead we get excuses.

Their best ever finish under Roos was 12th. Where this 6 to 8 spot jump was gonna come, what a beat up. Just Melbourne media blokes giving each other reach arounds.

Isn't this game the exact reason why Anzac Day Eve should be exclusive to Melbourne and Richmond? They got a crowd of 80K +. Huge success. Awesome result for the game. Don't be so negative.
Don't get so defensive but your right collingwood and essondon aren't the only clubs that can draw big crowds and make ANZAC a HUGE success

Remove this Banner Ad

Back