2017/18 offseason - player & coaching movement and other discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I am heart broken that 1 of my 2 favorites Alicia is gone :'(

I know Fearn, so am I. The AFLW landscape is volatile, and these comings and goings are distressing. I guess we just have to wait until it settles down, and look forward to next season.

It's s**t and deflating that Stevens and Eva are gone. It's hard for me to maintain my excitement when it's so easy to bleed away your best players.
It's a big issue with a semi-professional league in it's infancy and 1 year contracts. Unfortunately the ease of movement will repeat next season too with all players again only able to sign on for 1 season. I can understand why it's setup that way (wages, an even comp and future expansion) and it's a difficult balancing act, but I would much prefer that clubs are able to sign players to longer term contracts, so developing fanbases can continue to build excitement and connection to the playing group and their team.

It's a big issue with a semi-professional league in it's infancy and 1 year contracts. Unfortunately the ease of movement will repeat next season too with all players again only able to sign on for 1 season. I can understand why it's setup that way (wages, an even comp and future expansion) and it's a difficult balancing act, but I would much prefer that clubs are able to sign players to longer term contracts, so developing fanbases can continue to build excitement and connection to the playing group and their team.

When will Multi-Year Deals come in.

Bit Hard to Follow and Fall in Love with Players when they only have 1 Year Contracts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Good to Know but I wonder IF she tried to get same Contract with other Clubs?

I'd imagine that we'd come to some kind of agreement in principle. Otherwise we probably would have kept pick 1 and taken Tayla Harris.

I'd imagine that we'd come to some kind of agreement in principle. Otherwise we probably would have kept pick 1 and taken Tayla Harris.

You would think so as Harris would be the Perfect Upgrade and In Fact a Upgrade going on 1st AFLW Season.

I just would of Thought of us Offering a pay-cut she would look elsewhere for better offer

You would think so as Harris would be the Perfect Upgrade and In Fact a Upgrade going on 1st AFLW Season.

We've seen what Hope is capable of in the all-stars and sharks team. It'd be great if she has a cracking second season and becomes the AFLW player she is capable of becoming.

I just would of Thought of us Offering a pay-cut she would look elsewhere for better offer

Each club can have two tier 1 players (~$17K), four tier 2 players (~$14K), the rest are tier 3 players (~$9K). Plus each player can be paid up to $10K out of a $40K promotional kitty.

You'd reckon that King would retain her tier 1 status? Jaimee Lambert would probably be our other tier 1. Hope would undoubtably be a tier 2? Hard to imagine what other club could justify paying her tier 1. Also, if she stays at Collingwood she's probably got a better chance of maximising the $10K promotional payment.

We've seen what Hope is capable of in the all-stars and sharks team. It'd be great if she has a cracking second season and becomes the AFLW player she is capable of becoming.

Each club can have two tier 1 players (~$17K), four tier 2 players (~$14K), the rest are tier 3 players (~$9K). Plus each player can be paid up to $10K out of a $40K promotional kitty.

You'd reckon that King would retain her tier 1 status? Jaimee Lambert would probably be our other tier 1. Hope would undoubtably be a tier 2? Hard to imagine what other club could justify paying her tier 1. Also, if she stays at Collingwood she's probably got a better chance of maximising the $10K promotional payment.
In one of the articles Lambert infers that she's tier 1 and I'd say King retaining that status is a fair assumption. King and Hutchins are also on our staff (jobs at the club outside of the women's payment structure), which would help.

Woo hoo! Looks like Moana has re-signed for the Pies. :)

Twitter search on 'Moana Hope' tweet mentions includes these 2 tweets:
lo.rz__ @_lorz_24 5 hours ago
So glad that @moanahope has just re-signed with the pies!! #inspirational #sidebyside
& Lets Back Bucks @letsbackbucks 3 hours ago
@ moanahope
Excited to get so many more of these celebration hugs in the black and white next year. Bring on a... http://fb.me/4YwKQjYZV

Looks legit, and I sure hope it is. Go Pies! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back