Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he had me too until he mentioned Chuck's 'mistakes'. I mean, it was all true till that point. But that familiar, pained scowl that turns into a smirk as he walks away... masterful.

Trying to figure out why Mike changed his mind to want in on Pryce's deal - at first I thought he was just managing the Gus/Hector situation, but maybe he actually cares about Nacho too?

I feel so heavily invested in these characters and their potential fates, moreso than I can ever remember being during BB.

Haha he got me.

Even knowing everything we do about the character I stupidly bought that Jimmy had cracked, up until the moment he said his brother was mixing up numbers. Jimmy is some con man and that was some performance by Odenkirk.
It was the make-up chick trying to give back her cut that got me.

Combine that with the bar scene and it was setup perfectly for a grandstand 'performance'.

Haha he got me.

Even knowing everything we do about the character I stupidly bought that Jimmy had cracked, up until the moment he said his brother was mixing up numbers. Jimmy is some con man and that was some performance by Odenkirk.
Yeah I was trying to work out what he was doing. I thought he was trying something on but everything he said was true so I wavered a bit. Then he said his "gal" was disappointed in him (the mumsy insurance lady would have used a word like that) and it was a definite put-on. Obviously the insurance lady wasn't going to refund him or reduce his premiums to get him to stop crying so what was he up to... ?

"What are you writing? Stop writing."

HAHAAHAHAAA...

It's clear that Kim doesn't really like what she sees in Jimmy at the moment, and she's not comfortable with the Chuck situation. I've always maintained that she leaves Jimmy's life at some point, but that point might be coming sooner than expected.

Jimmy's performance was interesting in that it was probably the first time we see him do something to intentionally hurt someone, in this case Chuck. Jimmy's moment where he breaks bad?
Then again, maybe it was morally the right thing to do? Chuck shouldn't be practicing law in his current state.

So that's that for Kim & Jimmy, she can't live with the Chuck guilt, will subconsciously or other wise looking for an excuse to get out & once Jimmy starts scamming to pay the rent, she will be gonski. Simples...

So that's that for Kim & Jimmy, she can't live with the Chuck guilt, will subconsciously or other wise looking for an excuse to get out & once Jimmy starts scamming to pay the rent, she will be gonski. Simples...

Gilligan doesn't do simples. In all likelihood it's more of a double bluff or even more probably a prelude to direction we can't even guess at yet

Yeah I dunno, I do t really read it as the 'long con' episode everyone else seems to.

I think everything in his life in genuinely out of control rn and he did go to the insurance to beg for money.

He even seemed surprised/disappointed when she thought he was Chuck; at that moment, he seemed to decide if he was going down, this was a gilded opportunity take Chuck with him.

That's what the grin/grimace was about as he walked off; not an acknowledgement of success but a modicum of solace.

And further confirmation for him that you've gotta be bad to survive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I dunno, I do t really read it as the 'long con' episode everyone else seems to.

I think everything in his life in genuinely out of control rn and he did go to the insurance to beg for money.

He even seemed surprised/disappointed when she thought he was Chuck; at that moment, he seemed to decide if he was going down, this was a gilded opportunity take Chuck with him.

That's what the grin/grimace was about as he walked off; not an acknowledgement of success but a modicum of solace.

And further confirmation for him that you've gotta be bad to survive.

Yeah absolutely he went in really trying to recoup the cost of his insurance. Once he knew that wasn't going to happen and his premiums were going up I reckon he thought well **** you Chuck - but I still thought it was a legit breakdown until about halfway through the performance lol

Started re-watching Breaking Bad last night and in the first episode where Walter withdrew money to buy the RV, you can only see half the sign for the bank...

"Mesa-"

Was pretty neat. Made me happy.

I'm re-watching too

There's a mention during a police briefing about Tuco knifing a guy in '03 which just happened in the last BCS episode

Doing really well linking it all up

Trying to figure out why Mike changed his mind to want in on Pryce's deal - at first I thought he was just managing the Gus/Hector situation, but maybe he actually cares about Nacho too?
I think he wants the cash so he can help out the Widow whose husband was in the navy
He likely went along to the deal to get information off of Nacho, more specifically: where the 'good Samaritan' was buried after Hector murdered him. It was probably on Mike's mind when that woman told him her husband went missing and that it pained her greatly not knowing what happened to him, and that the family of the man who Hector killed was probably in the same boat. It's likely what Mike asked Nacho to write down for him at the end of the episode, the location of the body, so that perhaps he can leave a trail of breadcrumbs to give the family closure.

Great ep

Jimmy is getting really pissed off with his lot in life - I thought he was genuinely going to try rip off that bloke in the bar with the credit card scam until Kim pulled him back. Seemed angry and the * you to chuck at the end was as brilliant as it was vindictive. He's turned

Kim is strung out as well and you wonder whether she's going to make a mistake at some stage because she's clearly overworked

Nacho. Such an interesting character and one that I quite like. The relationship between him and mike took a surprise turn - mike still wants hector dead but knows not to act on it with gus watching so he's happy for nacho to do it as its a good plan provided it looks like natural causes hence his advice to swap the pills back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back