Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah can say all that everyone has has an opinion players included but ultimately the coach is responsible that's why they are paid the big bucks that's just the way it is.
True Elvis, but a lot of players/supporters/sponsors etc don't look at the bigger picture. Whining about a coach early in an appointment really smacks of petulance, and not all of them are on big money. Not a lot of people will take on coaching because of the time involved and the rubbish that goes with the job from underage to senior levels. The only "support" offered is go and do a course and good luck as per Ringo's comment above.

True Elvis, but a lot of players/supporters/sponsors etc don't look at the bigger picture. Whining about a coach early in an appointment really smacks of petulance, and not all of them are on big money. Not a lot of people will take on coaching because of the time involved and the rubbish that goes with the job from underage to senior levels. The only "support" offered is go and do a course and good luck as per Ringo's comment above.
Yeah agree woody, supporters players sponsors want success, committees and boards make decisions on coaches based on a number of factors wrongly or wrightly who knows but that's just the system I spose, a bit like our democracy if you can't beat them join them.

Yeah can say all that everyone has has an opinion players included but ultimately the coach is responsible that's why they are paid the big bucks that's just the way it is.

Not right..the committee that made the appointment is responsible. If they do their due diligence then choose the right coach and then DON'T support them when games are lost ....it is their responsibility. Big bucks...I wouldn't think so. If it was broken down to an hourly rate it would be lucky to be $10 per hour in some instances. A coach is now more than a two night a week and game day position as they are always on call 24/7.There is no way known I would think about taking on the role as its a thankless task.

Not right..the committee that made the appointment is responsible. If they do their due diligence then choose the right coach and then DON'T support them when games are lost ....it is their responsibility. Big bucks...I wouldn't think so. If it was broken down to an hourly rate it would be lucky to be $10 per hour in some instances. A coach is now more than a two night a week and game day position as they are always on call 24/7.There is no way known I would think about taking on the role as its a thankless task.
Your finished Coaching Country Footy Ringo is that what your saying?

What is wrong at Echuca Ringo honestly?

Have the cattle but results are very very disappointing the last few years

Have beaten the swans and cats this year

Can Andrew Briggs coach?

What is wrong at Echuca Ringo honestly?

Have the cattle but results are very very disappointing the last few years

Have beaten the swans and cats this year

Can Andrew Briggs coach?

Briggsy can coach but its the gap between the top 7-9 players and the rest! If all of the top 9 don't play well then they are in trouble. Willis, Buckley Kirkby are as good as any going around .Liam Wilkinson very good but there are not too many good junior players being developed for some reason. I find it bewildering that the Echuca thirds get smashed by a much smaller town's 18's. junior development needs to be a focus.My biggest concern is what unfolds in 2018 if they lose players such as Buckley and co. I feel for Briggsy as there is nothing in the 2's and the 18's don't have any ready mades. lack of depth will see them miss finals.

I heard that Triple M Shepparton are looking at doing GVFL games from next year exclusively (a bit simalar to O &M deal with 2AY)and that is has gone to the GVL and it is a deal the board cannot refuse.

Anyone heard anything?

Briggsy can coach but its the gap between the top 7-9 players and the rest! If all of the top 9 don't play well then they are in trouble. Willis, Buckley Kirkby are as good as any going around .Liam Wilkinson very good but there are not too many good junior players being developed for some reason. I find it bewildering that the Echuca thirds get smashed by a much smaller town's 18's. junior development needs to be a focus.My biggest concern is what unfolds in 2018 if they lose players such as Buckley and co. I feel for Briggsy as there is nothing in the 2's and the 18's don't have any ready mades. lack of depth will see them miss finals.

Think last year was their year to start seriously making a big move up the ladder but they massively under achieved.(last year was as weak as I've seen the league). Maybe if they had of done well you don't lose so many guys. Ie pollock, Donahue, Holmes, Guinan, steet and denahy. Plus lots of other fringe and depth players. Even thou they picked up Kirkby and Hargreaves they were always a bit behind the 8 ball in a more even and stronger Comp.
Unless Briggsy's contract is longer than this year I think his time may be up.

I heard that Triple M Shepparton are looking at doing GVFL games from next year exclusively (a bit simalar to O &M deal with 2AY)and that is has gone to the GVL and it is a deal the board cannot refuse.

Anyone heard anything?
Interesting seems more are seeing the commercial value in Country. Im not having a huge dig because he does a decent job but JW on One FM needs to learn to quickly ask whoever he is interviewing a question and then wait for their response. He gets wound up asks 3 questions in 1 then gives his opionion then finally waits for the response.

Think last year was their year to start seriously making a big move up the ladder but they massively under achieved.(last year was as weak as I've seen the league). Maybe if they had of done well you don't lose so many guys. Ie pollock, Donahue, Holmes, Guinan, steet and denahy. Plus lots of other fringe and depth players. Even thou they picked up Kirkby and Hargreaves they were always a bit behind the 8 ball in a more even and stronger Comp.
Unless Briggsy's contract is longer than this year I think his time may be up.

What's the story with this kid Flight Johnno? Was in the Bushranger's squad and people like Roar rate him highly having known him from the Picola league. Haven't seen him play but thought at 198cm he might be in the senior mix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heard anything?
With the AFL not having too many games competing for coverage there are plenty of stations to chose from plus streaming online so it could be a good idea. One FM could then focus on the PDFL, MFL and KDFL.

What's the story with this kid Flight Johnno? Was in the Bushranger's squad and people like Roar rate him highly having known him from the Picola league. Haven't seen him play but thought at 198cm he might be in the senior mix.

Looks like he has a bit of talent and potential but I know back in the day if I were gifted with that kind of height, coordination and athleticism I would have made sure I was in the best physical shape possible. Looks a little heavy and from all reports is really unfit and cant run for very long in the ruck. Could be one to watch in the future thou if everything clicks.

Interesting seems more are seeing the commercial value in Country. Im not having a huge dig because he does a decent job but JW on One FM needs to learn to quickly ask whoever he is interviewing a question and then wait for their response. He gets wound up asks 3 questions in 1 then gives his opinion then finally waits for the response.

Well did you hear the Footy Show on Friday Night on One FM. It was an embarrassment to the GVFL. They promoted that Matt Spanger was going to be on the interview(Saw it on Twitter) and the First question was from JW or Kyle Power " Do you like to listen to the Footy show". Matt Spanger said " I did not know this show existed and how the hell can I listen to it when I live in Melbourne" Dead Air followed and the interview was the worst football interview I have heard.

Looks like he has a bit of talent and potential but I know back in the day if I were gifted with that kind of height, coordination and athleticism I would have made sure I was in the best physical shape possible. Looks a little heavy and from all reports is really unfit and cant run for very long in the ruck. Could be one to watch in the future thou if everything clicks.

Maybe he could learn from a " now " team mate in Bailey Wileman. Trained all summer with Bendigo. Got the cut at the last cull but didn't drop his head. Played his first senior game for Rochy last weekend, and handled it well.
Great kid that doesn't give up

With the AFL not having too many games competing for coverage there are plenty of stations to chose from plus streaming online so it could be a good idea. One FM could then focus on the PDFL, MFL and KDFL.

Well, I have heard it from a few people in the past week. I have heard that 3SR were within a week of Broadcasting last year grand final as well as One FM, however, A certain person attached to One FM served Austero a Cease and Detest lawyers letter to 3SR, however, got an argeement from the GVFL Board to broadcast.

Anyone heard anything?
o&m are apparently paid by those broadcasting there games rather than having to pay.
If a similar deal is struck, $25k advantage for GVFL clubs could only be a good thing.
Have clubs received the deal , or has it just in the hands of admin / board ?

Last edited:
o&m are apparently paid by those broadcasting there games rather than having to pay.
If a similar deal is struck, $25k advantage for GVFL clubs could only be a good things.
Have clubs received the deal , or has it just in the hands of admin / board ?

Well I have Heard Roar, That is has gone to the board but will be brought to the Clubs soon. I have heard that AFL GM is supporting the Triple M over One FM.

Like I said, It is hearsay but heard it from a couple of people from different clubs

Are you saying 3sr got an agreement from the board ?
Yes for Last year Grand Final only after the issue they One FM guys had with the Streaming early on. however, a Cease and Desist letter was received by 3SR and the people they had to commentate said it is not worth going ahead with it cancelled at a week out from the G.

There was going to be 2 stations covering the GVFL Last year however "One" Station used there muscle

Well did you hear the Footy Show on Friday Night on One FM. It was an embarrassment to the GVFL. They promoted that Matt Spanger was going to be on the interview(Saw it on Twitter) and the First question was from JW or Kyle Power " Do you like to listen to the Footy show". Matt Spanger said " I did not know this show existed and how the hell can I listen to it when I live in Melbourne" Dead Air followed and the interview was the worst football interview I have heard.
Yer boys bit a bit carried away at times and sounds like they need to prep better for interviews.

Well I have Heard Roar, That is has gone to the board but will be brought to the Clubs soon. I have heard that AFL GM is supporting the Triple M over One FM.

Like I said, It is hearsay but heard it from a couple of people from different clubs
Pardon my ignorance but what's the difference between this alleged deal to broadcast games and the proposal that the Shepp News put forward earlier this year. They were going to bring in money for the league as I understand it but the board said no. Seems to me if this current proposal has any truth to it then I would question the integrity of the board after they knocked back a solid proposal from the News team and decided to stay with a substandard coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back