Food & Drink The Hangar Food Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I had the best hamburger of my life last week and it wasn't even from a burger joint.

Hamburger with Lot
Handmade 160gm beef patty, salad mix, tomato, onions, egg, cheese, bacon and tomato sauce on toasted Turkish bun. $13.50 added tomato relishfor $1 extra.

Came with chips and it was from Malvern Fish and Chips

A universal favourite I'm sure.
eb30067db5a95792444e9512b87b08db.jpg

The resident vegetarian has a social occasion tonight, to which I'm not invited.

I'm drowning my sorrows with a kilo pork hock roasting in the oven, a pan of red cabbage stewing on the stove and twelve miscellaneous beers in the fridge.

Tell her I loved her.

Last edited:
The resident vegetarian has a social occasion tonight, to which I'm not invited.

I'm drowning my sorrows with a kilo pork hock roasting in the oven, a pan of red cabbage stewing on the stove and twelve miscellaneous beers in the fridge.

Tell her I love her.
Do you plan on getting through all twelve tonight?

Tell her I loved her.
Vale to your porcelain tomorrow

Tell her I loved her.
I feel the cabbage has no place on this conversation.

Have u tried frying bacon and shredded cabbage together? Its not at all what you will expect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have u tried frying bacon and shredded cabbage together? Its not at all what you will expect.
There are plenty of things you can add, but something as simple as a pan of red cabbage with a knob of butter and a good splash of vinegar, stewed for an hour, is a revelation. A sweet, hearty concoction, almost akin to apple sauce.

Bakers Delight do a very nice bread roll, the Hungarian Continental. No idea if it's close to authentic anything or not. Crusty on the outside and light as a feather on the inside.

Cut that bad boy in half, butter both sides well then load each side with hot sopressa salami, sliced cherry tomatoes and cheese. Grill until cheese is melted and just starts to brown. Top with plenty of cracked black pepper and inhale as soon as it's cooled enougb to eat.

Cheese on toast for grownups. Gee it's nice

Red cabbage is sensational. Should never be slighted.

We use it for a prac in year 9 Science. Boil it up and use the liquid as an acid/base indicator.

Here’s a video of it in action

I had one of the top 5 things I've ever eaten tonight and I've eaten a lot of stuff. It was a 'lamb sausage roll' but it was like a lamb roast exploded and reconstructed into a small log with pastry. It was ******* amazing.
Sounds like a beef wellington/elizabeth type thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back