Gibbs is now a Crow

How do you feel about the Bryce Gibbs deal?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's overs no matter which way you spin it.

Would've been cheaper last year.

Three things:

1. We've obviously made the judgement that this year's draft is absolute poo

2. At least we held onto both first rounders in next year's draft with the 4 SA guns and improved our 2nd to just outside the first round.

3. We must've made a promise to Gibbs to get it done. We needed to get it done then to keep faith with future recruits we make similar promises to.

I expect Bryce to play his best footy with us in a good side with good systems.

Happy with the deal to be honest.

10 was from the deal with Lever, so essentially we're really only losing pick 16, plus upgrading a couple of 2nd/3rd round picks next year from a side likely to finish bottom 4 next year.

It's win-win. Carlton get some picks for their rebuild, we get an elite player (albeit with a top knot) in our premiership window, and we upgrade some picks for next year (which is supposedly a better draft than this year). Everyone's happy.

BTW so much for 'Everyone wants to leave the Crows and no one wants to come to us'.

Can I ask why people are so angry?

It's pick 10 and a 5 pick downgrade (but into apparently a much strong draft) for Gibbs.

We've got a team that is ready to win now.
People are too busy looking at the draft rounds rather than breaking down the numbers and the quality of next years draft.

Welcome Gibbs, as with Sauce, Betts, Bond, (Massie), time to turn another Carlton player into an Adelaide Champion!

As for the price, can only assume the club doesn't rate this draft, may have been the reason for us loading up on players last season.

Woah we got reamed. Hard. No lube.

10. 16 downgraded to the Blues' 2018 second. AND a second going back to the Blues for some reason
So pick 10 for Gibbs, 16 downgraded to 20 in a strong draft (barely any difference), 35 downgraded to 37 in a strong draft (see 16 to 20), plus a tiny steak knife

Not that bad, but I would have preferred to wait out for Cameron and give pick 12 instead of 10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am getting angrier and angrier the more i contemplate how monumentally weak we wre

285d02dc27638ed6c6fb7fd0ffff12b2.jpg

Im done.

**** this club.

Finally thought we had learned to stand strong after lever.

Instead we role over to carlton.

******* ridiculous.

I am getting angrier and angrier the more i contemplate how monumentally weak we wre

See ya!

The deal's not THAT bad.

Trust in our recruiters, they are guns and know their drafts.

We have been orchestrating this particular trade from the get go and I for one think it had to be done.
Yes you have to pay overs for a contracted player that's just a reality, but Gibbs is a deadset gun and we need to strike now.

Hopefully he comes in and has a new found hunger to win a premiership before he retires. He will be very handy for our lineup and can provide support at HB unlike any of our other grunt midfielders.

Class act into the club who should help provide additional leadership for the group and help drive that push for success. Let's hope we can tie up 12 for CC and then go after Fogarty in the draft, maybe even snag poppy for that late pick we got back from Carlton as cover.

Get set for 2018 boys, should be exciting to watch Bryce in some colours he actually wants to play in.

Happy with the deal to be honest.

10 was from the deal with Lever, so essentially we're really only losing pick 16, plus upgrading a couple of 2nd/3rd round picks next year from a side likely to finish bottom 4 next year.

It's win-win. Carlton get some picks for their rebuild, we get an elite player (albeit with a top knot) in our premiership window, and we upgrade some picks for next year (which is supposedly a better draft than this year). Everyone's happy.

BTW so much for 'Everyone wants to leave the Crows and no one wants to come to us'.
this is a completely asinine way of looking it.

easy come, easy go is the motto of a broke gambler.

Back