Ovens & King football 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On the points, will benalla and Goorambat go back to the same points as everyone else with benalla making the grand final and Goorambat making finals two years in a row?

Good to see Glenrowan get a grant for netball courts!
Finally upgrading facilities. Shows for they are in for the long haul!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how much of it will actually get spent on the courts
I’d suggest all of it will.
2 brand new netball courts and lighting, there won’t be any change out of $100,000.
To suggest the tigers would be able to cyphen any money out of that project for anything else shows a lack of a understanding of how grants work these days.

Last edited:
I’d suggest all of it will.
2 brand new netball courts and lighting, there won’t be any change out of $100,000.
To suggest the tigers would be able to cyphen any money out of that project for anything else shows a lack of a understanding of how grants work these days.

Yeah ya right Navyblueman i didn't go to Uni for my degree in Grants, unlike yourself. So they cant do it on the cheap and get a local contractor or supporter to do it for cost and quote it at full price ????

Yeah ya right Navyblueman i didn't go to Uni for my degree in Grants, unlike yourself. So they cant do it on the cheap and get a local contractor or supporter to do it for cost and quote it at full price ????

Sorry full on the fence, I didn’t mean that to seem like a dig at you specifically. I just meant if people/clubs think that in general they don’t understand how grants work.

This type of project will mostly be managed by a Council/gov appointment proj manager.
It will have to go out to tender and will probably attract tenders from a number of non local contractors. The club doesn’t actually get much if any say on who wins the contract. so to answer your question it seems very unlikely that they will be lucky enough to end up with someone who is willing to donate any money back to the club.

the Organisation who finds the grant doesn’t just dump the $100,000 into the clubs account and trusts that they will use it for its intended purpose.

Sorry full on the fence, I didn’t mean that to seem like a dig at you specifically. I just meant if people/clubs think that in general they don’t understand how grants work.

This type of project will mostly be managed by a Council/gov appointment proj manager.
It will have to go out to tender and will probably attract tenders from a number of non local contractors. The club doesn’t actually get much if any say on who wins the contract. so to answer your question it seems very unlikely that they will be lucky enough to end up with someone who is willing to donate any money back to the club.

the Organisation who finds the grant doesn’t just dump the $100,000 into the clubs account and trusts that they will use it for its intended purpose.
The allocation of grant expenditure is also audited.

Any chance of the mob that nigel or one of his family members works for could win the tender just by fully underquoting?

Got told tonight Lachlan Raven is assistant coach at Rovers next year. Massive loss for dogs and competition. Class player.

I got told yesterday that Brent Newton, Daniel Lewis and Josh Roman signed with Milawa. Anyone heard this? Three massive signs of true!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would have cost a bit to get Brent out of his contract at Chiltern. Pretty sure it was a two year one. But have heard Milawa have made no secret of spending for 2018

I got told yesterday that Brent Newton, Daniel Lewis and Josh Roman signed with Milawa. Anyone heard this? Three massive signs of true!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I got the same mail, fair chunk of the salary cap between those 3 id imagine. All good players and worth the $ in my opinion!

Didn’t Brent N and chiltern agree to part ways at the end of the season? I read something in the border mail about him stepping down due to work commitments and travel factor.

I got the same mail, fair chunk of the salary cap between those 3 id imagine. All good players and worth the $ in my opinion!

Didn’t Brent N and chiltern agree to part ways at the end of the season? I read something in the border mail about him stepping down due to work commitments and travel factor.

How many times have the Newtons boys (Brent & Mick) left Milawa for money only to return the year or so after ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back