Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 27, 2017
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood Netball
****Mod edit
Poll has been added to select a player to sponsor next year. Others can be added if you have a strong preference. Please just make the request and tag in a mod. *******

Hey everyone ☺
As most people know a few us of contributed to sponsor a Collingwood AFLW player, I was thinking we could do the same again? If someone can help me with getting this rolling Id b happy to take part & was thinking we could sponsor Chloe Molloy as she is a wonderful young gun we picked up, a friend of mine & I had the opportunity to watch her at Diamond Creek VFLW during the VFLW season & she is a great player & also a very nice girl too! She achieved so much at both TAC Cup & VFLW this year! ☺

Last edited by a moderator:

I've seen that heaps of people have sponsored players in years gone by but haven't really understood what it's for. Is there some kind of special access/benefits you get to that player if you sponsor them or are you just noted down as that player's sponsor somewhere at the club?

I've seen that heaps of people have sponsored players in years gone by but haven't really understood what it's for. Is there some kind of special access/benefits you get to that player if you sponsor them or are you just noted down as that player's sponsor somewhere at the club?

The club offers individual player sponsorship packages each year. Prices vary from about $1000 to $3000 or more, depending on how the player is rated. Most of the AFLW players last year could be sponsored for about $900, IIRC. If you sponsor a player you get a range of benefits, from invitations to events, player breakfasts, sponsor training sessions, signed jumpers, paraphenalia of all sorts, etc. For the mens, yu get tickets to games and functions.

On BF, we ask posters to pay a contribution to the overall cost (usually $50 or $100), and to vote on which player to sponsor. When we raise enough $$$, we sponsor the player, and the club over the course of the season sends out the 'benefits'. We then 'raffle' the benefits between the sponsors. Last season I 'won' a meet and greet with our sponsored player, access to a training session, a signed jumper, etc. I was very happy.:D

Magpie Girl, have I left anything out?

You also get a sponsorhip badge, like the five under my user name!

You’ve pretty much covered it Vicky Park
Obviously, depending on the number of people involved, not everyone may get a prize, but it’s one chance for every $50 you spend.

Details of the sponsorship packages will be, or will be soon, on the Club website, although I haven’t received the information yet.

The club offers individual player sponsorship packages each year. Prices vary from about $1000 to $3000 or more, depending on how the player is rated. Most of the AFLW players last year could be sponsored for about $900, IIRC. If you sponsor a player you get a range of benefits, from invitations to events, player breakfasts, sponsor training sessions, signed jumpers, paraphenalia of all sorts, etc. For the mens, yu get tickets to games and functions.

On BF, we ask posters to pay a contribution to the overall cost (usually $50 or $100), and to vote on which player to sponsor. When we raise enough $$$, we sponsor the player, and the club over the course of the season sends out the 'benefits'. We then 'raffle' the benefits between the sponsors. Last season I 'won' a meet and greet with our sponsored player, access to a training session, a signed jumper, etc. I was very happy.:D

Magpie Girl, have I left anything out?
Okay cool, thanks for your help!

20170618_162346.jpg 20170618_162346.jpg Chloe Molloy is a young gun & a very lovely girl. I am absolutely wrapped Collingwood picked her up! I have watched her at Diamond Creek this VFLW season & she is amazing!! Another fun fact is she shares the same birthday as our AFLW skipper Choch, except they're 10 years apart.

Depending on cost, I'm also thinking of sponsoring one of our girls, outside of BF. I contacted the club by email and they responded:

'We are currently undergoing an internal restructuring of our sponsorships in regards to the AFLW Team. Once these changes have been finalised, further communication will be published online so we encourage our members to regularly check our website.'

So it could be a while yet before we know the details of the 2018 sponsorship packages.

Depending on cost, I'm also thinking of sponsoring one of our girls, outside of BF. I contacted the club by email and they responded:

'We are currently undergoing an internal restructuring of our sponsorships in regards to the AFLW Team. Once these changes have been finalised, further communication will be published online so we encourage our members to regularly check our website.'

So it could be a while yet before we know the details of the 2018 sponsorship packages.
I’ll let you know when I receive the info as I’m sure they will send it to past sponsors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back