Votes: 64 78.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Voting is line by line. Voting is: a number of players that I feel are relevant to the current section of the ground will be placed into a poll. You are to vote for as many players as is required.

Back line: (CLOSED)
Midfield: (CLOSED)
Forward line: NOW - 5pm December 14th
Interchange: December 15th - 5pm December 18th

Feel free to discuss the selections on the thread but make sure you vote in the poll to ensure that your vote is counted. Only votes from Brisbane Lions supporters will be considered.

If you believe I've missed anybody that should be eligible in these positions, let me know and I'll add them in.

Rookie Listed Players haven't been included.

Had to start another thread as I wasn't able to edit the other poll. Likewise any other errors, please message me.

Brisbane Lions BigFooty Consensus Best 22:

Darcy Gardiner - Harris Andrews - Luke Hodge
Sam Mayes - Daniel McStay - Alex Witherden

Stefan Martin - Dayne Beams - Dayne Zorko
Hugh McCluggage - Jarrod Berry - Charlie Cameron

TBC

Barrett stiff would have him in there long with Hipwood, Walker, Bundy, Robinson, and Taylor. I struggle to find anyone else who could add the potential level of defensive pressure and loose ball winning ability as Barrett. Probably wouldn't make best 22 on talent alone but his attributes are needed.

Barrett stiff would have him in there long with Hipwood, Walker, Bundy, Robinson, and Taylor. I struggle to find anyone else who could add the potential level of defensive pressure and loose ball winning ability as Barrett. Probably wouldn't make best 22 on talent alone but his attributes are needed.

Barrett a rookie listed player as far as I can tell.

Robinson's defensive pressure would be as good as Barrett's for mine with the added ability of being proven through the midfield at senior level.

Barrett a rookie listed player as far as I can tell.

Robinson's defensive pressure would be as good as Barrett's for mine with the added ability of being proven through the midfield at senior level.
Ah forgot he wasn't senior list. I like having 2 talls the rest smalls with a smart, strong overhead 3rd who I think Rayner will play that role.

A number 1 draft pick selected as a match winning forward, and he is not an option. And Sam Skinner is listed, ACL and all. Lift your game, cotter,
Don't think Cotters previous lists had recent draftees. Might be blokes who have been on the list more than 3 weeks... Although I do think Rayner will be best 22 round 1.

Edit: NVM somehow I missed Rayner.

Being a rookie shouldn't be a block against being able to select Barrett, seeing as from next season, all Cat A rookies can play without needing to be upgraded to the senior list.

I went with

Hipwood- No explanation needed

Walker - Best option we've got for the ruck/fwd role, and think we still need 2 tall targets.

Rayner - Always like too see the higher draft picks get games early, brings a bit more excitement too.

Robinson - will provide some decent forward pressure and hardness.

Christensen - experienced hopefully plays that dangerous small role, hopefully has a good year on the injury front.

Lewy- had a really good season last year, hopefully see more of his creative ball use.

I like that mix because it gives us a few decent options for midfield rotations. Robinson, Christensen and Lewy could easily rotate up the ground letting us rest Beams, Zorko, McCluggage or Charlie up forward throughout games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went with

Hipwood- No explanation needed

Walker - Best option we've got for the ruck/fwd role, and think we still need 2 tall targets.

Rayner - Always like too see the higher draft picks get games early, brings a bit more excitement too.

Robinson - will provide some decent forward pressure and hardness.

Christensen - experienced hopefully plays that dangerous small role, hopefully has a good year on the injury front.

Lewy- had a really good season last year, hopefully see more of his creative ball use.

I like that mix because it gives us a few decent options for midfield rotations. Robinson, Christensen and Lewy could easily rotate up the ground letting us rest Beams, Zorko, McCluggage or Charlie up forward throughout games.
Exactly who I went for.

Hoping Christensen can also fill that small forward defensive role, along with Robinson.

3 talls please
I don't love the three talls to be honest. I think Hipwood and Walker are more complimented by the mid sized forwards (Lester/Rayner/Robinson) and then the mozzies for the ground balls. More mobile and dangerous I reckon.

Three talls seems like a luxury you can afford when you know your midfield will likely win more contests than it loses and you apply great forward half pressure. I’m not sure either of those statements apply to us right now.

Going to be interesting in how the bench comes together. There's a few guys who have been voted for quite a lot each line but not quite make the cut. Like Rich in the backline and the midfield.
Without seeing the list of remaining names I'm thinking the bench is Rich, Robertson, Mathieson and Lester.

Bastinac ahead of Mathieson for mine, otherwise I agree with you.

On balance though I think we need more midfield depth on the bench. Bastinac could come in for Lester for a forward role or NRobbo if we don't want another backman on the bench.

Back