2017-2018 KFC Big Bash League Fantasy Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Found a couple of those, but will give Paris a crack too.

Can you change your team once its entered?

This interface needs work.
Its a rolling lockout so you are able to change your team around up until each game is locked out. That means you need to finalise your 6ers and thunder players by tonight but you are still able to change everyone else up until the time their team plays

Sorry for all the questions fellas...is there a massive benefit to taking players that have 2 games in the week?
Obviously you dont have unlimited trades so you cant just load up with players from the Thunder this week, but is it worth adding one in there to trade out after this week?

Sorry for all the questions fellas...is there a massive benefit to taking players that have 2 games in the week?
Obviously you dont have unlimited trades so you cant just load up with players from the Thunder this week, but is it worth adding one in there to trade out after this week?
Definitely is worthwhile taking several players with 2 games in a round. However, there is a tradeoff between picking the best available player and picking someone who may be a lesser player but has a more favourable bye/double game round. I think the schedule makes the game very interesting as different strategies can be employed. Personally, I have structured my team around the byes for the first 4-5 rounds and it could be a masterstroke or it could be a huge mistake as I haven't always picked what I deem the best available player. You'll find that given the Thunder don't have a bye till round 6 most people will load up and grab 4-5 of their players for round 1

Definitely is worthwhile taking several players with 2 games in a round. However, there is a tradeoff between picking the best available player and picking someone who may be a lesser player but has a more favourable bye/double game round. I think the schedule makes the game very interesting as different strategies can be employed. Personally, I have structured my team around the byes for the first 4-5 rounds and it could be a masterstroke or it could be a huge mistake as I haven't always picked what I deem the best available player. You'll find that given the Thunder don't have a bye till round 6 most people will load up and grab 4-5 of their players for round 1

I see yeah.
So you dont want Hurricaines or Stars early if you're playing that game.
Given they have only 2 games in the first 3 rounds.

I see yeah.
So you dont want Hurricaines or Stars early if you're playing that game.
Given they have only 2 games in the first 3 rounds.

Exactly.

I've currently avoided all Hurricanes, Stars and Renegades players. Nothing wrong with picking a few of them but I'll use the stars as an example. They have a bye in round 3 and no double game till round 9 which means ill look to trade them in between rounds 4 and 9. If I was to start with any stars players I would want to keep them all season long so I don't trade them out prior to round 9 and then trade them back in as that wastes trades. I'm not a fan of any Canes players really except maybe Boyce and Christian so I'm happy to leave them out until round 6 when they have their double game. Renegades i think will be a very good team this season but whenever I've picked Bravo/Finch/Ludeman/Hodge I haven't liked the look of my team so I have left them out

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not bowling makes a big difference though.
Half his value gone.
Yeah, I don't think ill start with him now. I reckon if he was fully fit he'd be good value but probably not now. I guess one advantage of starting him is that the 6ers play the 1st game in each of the 1st 3 rounds so there are potentially loophole opportunities.

Lynn has been named in the squad. Does everyone jump on now or wait and see how he goes in the first round and then consider grabbing him for round 2 when he has the double game?

Originally was going to give him a miss as a round 1 starter, but starting to reconsider. Hell be very hard for me to trade in after first lockout without missing out on some other options I like Wiley/Klinger.

Not bowling makes a big difference though.
Half his value gone.

Last year he didn't bowl that much either, so he's priced on basically batting only anyways. Don't think he would be the worst pick up, however I'm holding off to the double round thou.

Originally was going to give him a miss as a round 1 starter, but starting to reconsider. Hell be very hard for me to trade in after first lockout without missing out on some other options I like Wiley/Klinger.

Last year he didn't bowl that much either, so he's priced on basically batting only anyways. Don't think he would be the worst pick up, however I'm holding off to the double round thou.

I've had Lynn in my team the whole time as he can really hurt you big time if you don't pick him. Yes, he's coming back from an injury and he's expensive but if he goes bang in round 1 you'd be kicking yourself for not including him. The double game round in round 2 is really icing on the cake for me. I believe you have slightly more to lose than by not starting him but hey I also respect bold strategic moves so good luck to anyone that doesn't start with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back