Song Contest Part IX, Host: NinjaSwan Theme: Summer. Jet Skis Due: 10PM AEDT Wensday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Read somewhere that was totally improvised

From: http://mentalfloss.com/article/63211/15-things-you-might-not-know-about-clockwork-orange

McDowell came up with the idea for his character to sing the Gene Kelly classic. Kubrick thought the film's famously brutal scene, in which Alex and his droogs attack the writer and his wife, was playing flat during rehearsal. To adequately convey the violent nature of the scene and the sinister nature of the character, he asked McDowell to do something outrageous—like dance around. The actor began humming while dancing, then broke out into "Singin' In The Rain." McDowell would go on to say, "And why did I do that? Because [that song is] Hollywood's gift to the world of euphoria. And that's what the character is feeling at the time."

Also mentions that before Kubrick came on board, Mick Jagger was being considered for the role of Alex! Thank * for Stanley!

Nice to see so many quality players are Spinal Tap fans. He's done well to get that lot playing with him!
Funny man is 'Derek', and to anyone who disagrees.
simpsons-memes-no-its-the-children-who-are-wrong.jpg

From: http://mentalfloss.com/article/63211/15-things-you-might-not-know-about-clockwork-orange

McDowell came up with the idea for his character to sing the Gene Kelly classic. Kubrick thought the film's famously brutal scene, in which Alex and his droogs attack the writer and his wife, was playing flat during rehearsal. To adequately convey the violent nature of the scene and the sinister nature of the character, he asked McDowell to do something outrageous—like dance around. The actor began humming while dancing, then broke out into "Singin' In The Rain." McDowell would go on to say, "And why did I do that? Because [that song is] Hollywood's gift to the world of euphoria. And that's what the character is feeling at the time."

Also mentions that before Kubrick came on board, Mick Jagger was being considered for the role of Alex! Thank **** for Stanley!

A bit unfair on Mick, he gave an Oscar worthy performance as Ned Kelly.

Also mentions that before Kubrick came on board, Mick Jagger was being considered for the role of Alex! Thank **** for Stanley!
I don't think I'll ever watch that movie. It'll ruin the song for me lol.....

I love musicals too except I’m about 4x her age haha
If you start nominating songs from them, you’ll get lots of votes from me
I’ve noticed that songs from musicals often don’t do very well in this contest though :(
It’s tome to change that
I'm a huge fan of songs from musicals, good musicals are the work of genius and so under rated.
Phantom Of The Opera, Cats, Starlight Express etc all produced brilliant songwriting. Even songs from Grease, Disney songs etc. It takes a real artist to write these songs and many of them become timeless classics very quickly.
My oldest daughter is a rock chick and my younger is into hiphop and R&B but I always played them some diverse classic and popular songs from musicals when they were young and they can appreciate the real genuis behind it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a huge fan of songs from musicals, good musicals are the work of genius and so under rated.
Phantom Of The Opera, Cats, Starlight Express etc all produced brilliant songwriting. Even songs from Grease, Disney songs etc. It takes a real artist to write these songs and many of them become timeless classics very quickly.
My oldest daughter is a rock chick and my younger is into hiphop and R&B but I always played them some diverse classic and popular songs from musicals when they were young and they can appreciate the real genuis behind it.
I love the soundtracks of all of the musicals you listed above (and more), and of course I’m a Disney fan too :). If I could double like your post , I would

I’m also glad to hear that you introduced your kids to songs from musicals (*real music*) from a young age :)

I'm using the new Firefox which includes a highlights (recent pages) section on the new tab screen. The highlights section takes a random image from the page it's linking to. This thread has bloody Marklar_33's avatar looking back at me so whenever I open a new tab I have to see a bloody Kiwi cricketer, every single time.

I am aware I can remove this... but I am lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back