What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally got round to watching Star Wars. Not sure what to think. Overall it was worth paying the money for, but I felt it didn't do much for the Star Wars Universe. Too much time spent where the story went nowhere. Take out the Star Wars expectations and the movie is quite enjoyable.

On a side note, was there a clause written into the original Lucas contracts that said anyone who plays the part of a (post-pubescent) Skywalker must not have any acting talent? Hayden Christensen always gets panned for his performance, but, geez, Mark Hammil is just bloody woeful.

Hammil's not great but comparing him to Christensen is like comparing Hill to Hartung.

I thought the movie was the best apart from the originals.

Thought we could have ended up having it confirmed who Rae's parents were, if they were important at all or is this a bit like Kung Fu Panda when the there is nothing on the scroll...

Went back and watched the original Star Wars movie (IV). Felt really saddened that the movie was made such a long time ago and the computer graphics were woefully inadequate. I did come away thinking that after the making of Ep IX, it may benefit from a total reboot, starting at Phantom Menace and going all the way through to the full ten movies (including Rogue One). May not be completed in my lifetime, but would be good to see IV,V and VI done with today's graphics and a slight script update.

Altered Carbon. Worthwhile if you like sci fi.

Bit of Blade Runner feel to it to some extent. Action, noir, mystery sort of stuff.
Read the book or is it a whole new world for you?

New to me. Don't read much sci-fi.

I understand there are a few books in the series?
Three books plus the author has done one decent stand alone sci fi novel and another really good fantasy series that I love

Three books plus the author has done one decent stand alone sci fi novel and another really good fantasy series that I love
Is that the "A land Fit for Heroes" series?

I like a good fantasy series but not necessarily the high fantasy type but rather the grim, dark and dirty type (eg Abercrombie).

Worth a read then?

Is that the "A land Fit for Heroes" series?

I like a good fantasy series but not necessarily the high fantasy type but rather the grim, dark and dirty type (eg Abercrombie).

Worth a read then?
Yes and it's the grim dark and dirty type

trying to finish the latest series of Doctor Who. Then will start on Preacher SE2 and Stranger Things SE2. oh and Last man on Earth Se4...

I enjoyed sesson 1, but forced myself to finish sesson 2 of Preacher, glad it's all over.
Not looking forward to the end of Supernatural.
Look forward to getting back to Longmire and Ray Donovan.
suffering through Van Helsing.
Having a laugh with The Detour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

End of the Fcuking World.... hits its stride around around Ep3. Get into it
Just finished it, totally misread the period it was set in good show though

Dredged up a copy of the original Welcome Back Kotter series from 1975 - 4 Seasons. Still has some comedic value. One of John Travolta's early works that led to Saturday Night Fever and Grease.
Had some great characters in the show.

Amazing Travolta became so famous after that show.
It could have been Horshack.

Watched Kong: Skill Island and Godzilla the last 2 nights. Super underrated action blockbusters. Pretty bloody stoked they are doing a Monach universe.

Watched Kong: Skill Island and Godzilla the last 2 nights. Super underrated action blockbusters. Pretty bloody stoked they are doing a Monach universe.
I enjoyed Kong at the cinema. Nice surprise

When it started, The Good Doctor was a favourite show. It has now degenerated into a stock standard medical drama, adding new cast members to spread the focus away from the intriguing autistic surgeon who now does little more than try to understand 'normality', if there is such a thing. Still not a bad show, and I like the acting but, like many before it, has lost its way.

Deception is a new show with a twist - famous stage magician/illusionist works for FBI to help solve crimes. I wonder how long it will take for the plot twist to wear off in this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back