What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching old clips of The Muppet Show with the kids on YouTube. I've never seen them laugh so hard, especially for the Swedish Chef! Bork bork bork!!
I've been likened to Beaker over the years

keeping up with game of thrones of course

currently about halfway through the first season of Aquarius which funnily enough has a GOT link with Gethin Anthony moving on from Renly to Charlie

Did anyone watch that show about the Aussie Rules team this year - The Warriors?

Maybe I am a harsh judge - but it was easily one of the worst shows I have ever seen. The writing was absolutely awful and if they wanted me to believe that an AFL side would act like this club did then sorry, I don't. The episode where the Aboriginal players in the side are being racially vilified was probably one of the worst put together 30 minutes of TV I have had the misfortune of sitting through.

Curious if I am just being way too harsh - but I just couldn't enjoy the show, which was disappointing given the premise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be a glut of navy seal type shows at the moment - Valor, Seal Team, The Brave, and a similar British historical offering in The Last Post. All OK, but you wonder how many incursions into Syria, Chechnya and Somalia you can handle.

Wisdom of the Crowd is an interesting one. Using an app to collect data to solve crimes. Had to happen.

into season two of Mr Robot, still interesting not sure where it is going though, morphed a bit from the early episode, I do like the sound track though

You're the Worst which I find to be great fun, nobody is really likeable, they are all just people

just about finished parks and rec, just never got around to watching it when it was on, The Swanson

brooklyn nine-nine of course now that it is back

the deuce early 70s new york and the birth of pr0n again great sound track

vice principals, if you liked east bound and down it's for you

into season two of Mr Robot, still interesting not sure where it is going though, morphed a bit from the early episode, I do like the sound track though

You're the Worst which I find to be great fun, nobody is really likeable, they are all just people

just about finished parks and rec, just never got around to watching it when it was on, The Swanson

brooklyn nine-nine of course now that it is back

the deuce early 70s new york and the birth of pr0n again great sound track

vice principals, if you liked east bound and down it's for you

I was quite happy when series 2 finished (had enough of it at the time)

I see series 3 is out now; i will check it out sometime though.

Up to about episode 5 of Ozark, story line seems to be continually building. Enjoying it at the moment.

Cheers

Narcos S3 - half way thru - solid.
Big Little Lies - just finished - good not great.
Mindhunter - just about to start

Mindhunter is excellent. I'm 4 eps in... a bit of a slow burn, but just so well written with dry humour cutting through the disturbing subject matter.

Currently watching rerun of series 1 of the Shannara Chronicles as a prelude to series 2 beginning tomorrow. I enjoy it.

New seasons of Lucifer and Blindspot have lost their edge.

Various reruns of British crime drama. Frost and Lewis the most enjoyable of them.

Recently watched Ice Fantasy on Netflix , all 62 episodes. Enjoyed it and helped improve my Chinese (watched with subtitles ) . Was panned but Wikipedia lists 16 billion hits.

Recently watched Birdman
Michael Keaton, Emma Stone, Edward Norton

Really random movie with a great jazz soundtrack worth watching

Saw The Arrival, a very different first contact movie, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Watched the first episode of American Gods great to have Ian McShane being utilised again
Loved American Gods. Really good book and it's been handled superbly.

As my commute has increased, I've been flying through shows. Finished Better Call Saul S3, Preacher S2, The Expanse (really good sci fi) The Defenders, S2 of Into the Badlands - really different show but a lot of fun - think post-apocalyptic Samurai. Also Fear the Walking Dead S3 (probably the best season so far), Ballers S3, The Last Kingdom S2, S3 of Fargo and Legion.

Just started Frontier on Netflix. First episode was interesting.

Loved American Gods. Really good book and it's been handled superbly.

As my commute has increased, I've been flying through shows. Finished Better Call Saul S3, Preacher S2, The Expanse (really good sci fi) The Defenders, S2 of Into the Badlands - really different show but a lot of fun - think post-apocalyptic Samurai. Also Fear the Walking Dead S3 (probably the best season so far), Ballers S3, The Last Kingdom S2, S3 of Fargo and Legion.

Just started Frontier on Netflix. First episode was interesting.
Oh also Snatch the series on Crackle. Lots of fun and so reminiscent of the movie. Even has Pikeys.

Halfway through season 2 of The Good Place on Netflix. Well written and acted, clever plot, and short episodes so you can binge hard. Some really good humour too.
Highly recommended.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back