Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons - Season 25 Team Thread - Congratulations Yakker - #DeestroyS25

Remove this Banner Ad

452279_00464dc32fea1d010dec678530c37f59.png

Round 6 Update - The Season So Far

After 6 rounds, we are well and truly into the swing of things for Season 25 so I thought I would share some of my thoughts on the season thus far. There is, of course, still a fair way to go in the 16-round home and away season but let's take a little time to reflect on how we're tracking.

NOTE: There is a TL;DR version at the end of this post for those who don't want to read the whole thing.

The Club
It's no secret we had a quiet off-season. Partly because there was not much upheaval in terms of outgoing posters, and partly because I wasn't as active as one could have been to ensure we nabbed some rookies.

The Outs - Smartys Power, Elton Johns Wig - There is a fair bit of quality that left the Snow Dome, being a long-time servant seeking a fresh start, and another who left as quick as he arrived but produced a season of quality.

The Ins - Tarkyn_24, Proper Gander, amos - Tarkyn has produced more than what I thought he would if I am being honest, but as well and truly added some spark and activity. Proper Gander is still finding her feet, but I love her quality contributions. There is too much emphasis on quantity in this league, but I for one do hope she enjoys herself and starts posting a little more because her humour is obvious and has had me giggling on more than one occasion. amos is amos - I hope he keeps it up as we have another quality poster on our hands.

Results
After a putrid 0-3 start, I thought we were looking at a very long season and was worried that some may lose interest, but the sim has been kind and we've clawed our way back to a 3-3 ledger. Two of those losses have been by less than a kick, whilst the only sour note was the Round 1 smacking we received by the Wonders.

We sit well inside the Top 8 now, and let's hope that we can bank a few more wins to give ourselves some breathing space.

The Posting
We continue to receive praise in each match thread that people enjoy playing against us which is a great sign. Over the last few seasons, we have always polled well in terms of the best clubs to play against, but funnily enough there is still the belief that we are a struggling club in some circles. I have found it hard to juggle the team, as we generally have anywhere from 16 to 20+ posters popping up in either the match threads or the team thread in any given week.

Yakker and Headless lead the way, averaging more than 100 posts per match thread which is a monumental effort. Yakker's currency continues to rise, whilst the resurrection of Headless (despite being about 3 seasons old now) continues to amaze me. He's starting to get the plaudits he deserves in the wider Sweet FA community now too. We've effeminately got two locks for All-SFA already.

The next 'tier' of posters is where we are most impressive. Tarkyn_24, sausageroll, sante, cooney and RodneyDangerfield all contine to be team first players and are very active (30+ posts per week) whilst the likes of Proper Gander and roo2macca (one of my favourites) are pretty solid in their numbers.

We've had a great spread with Freo Hammer 21, Van_Dyke, brucetiki (who had a bit of a resurrection this week!) and Thetrader15 popping in from time to time. I'd love to see a little more of fancyscum, lion around and deaneus but whenever they do pop up they are great for a bit of banter anyway.

I always believe in the mantra of quality over quantity and do not expect everyone to pop up each week with 20+ posts - I love our mix. I just hope that those that don't post as often do so because they are busy and it's not because they are not enjoying Mount Buller.

The Good
BullerBet - I think it's added another layer of activity, banter and fun to our match thread. For the last few seasons we've had one of the best team threads, and Yakker has done an amazing job not just with BullerBet but his underrated 'Flathead of the week' as part of his Qishing Wrap. It's always a good read and implore all of you to direct any queries, questions or comments his way.

#Headless300 #fanfare - It's no secret I want to have his babies. Such a longtime servant of the club who has gone through his active, semi-active and AWOL periods but has always been an absolute 'team first' warrior who involves teammates and likes the Simpsons. A genuine good bloke who deserves a bit of 'me' time in the lead up to 300.

Squad Depth - As I touched on, it's been tough for me with so many active posters. I try to reward quality posting with quality positions, and of course try to give some of the up-and-comers some good midfield minutes to be rewarded in the sim. Some such as DJ have therefore had to take a backseat at times. The club has always had a great vibe in relation to people wanting to play for the fun of it as opposed to wanting to play to see their own stats, and I'll continue to try to reward activity and quality with a bit of rotation.

The Bad
Some Key Demons - This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but there is not much to say so I am filling this a bit. I'd love to see Oddhawk back as there are so many new or newish posters (Tarks, Yakker, sausage, r2m etc) who have not seen an OddHawk in full flight. He was Yakker before there was Yakker! Absolute behemoth that took it upon himself to do an absolute truckload of work with his 'oddstats' segment before his PC died. VD is taking some well-deserved 'backseat time' and hope he is enjoying himself too. Great to see he is sticking around.

Sante - Learn how to post a team sheet.

Rodney - Come on mate. It's not funny anymore.

The Next Few Weeks

We have ladder leaders the Hawks next week away from home, before the Swamprats (away) and the Bears (home) to take us to Easter. Let's hope to nab at least two wins from these three games to give us a 6-4 record heading into the back half of the season.

The Captain
haydo mentioned in another thread that (paraphrasing) a quality club is made by having quality people pushing it along. They say the sim is random, so I guess I can only judge things by how you are all enjoying it. There is a few PM's floating around (leadership group, a few with other posters etc) and the vibe of our match threads and team threads seem to suggest everyone is having fun. Please do not hesitate to shout out if you have any questions, queries, concerns etc... I'm here to ensure you're all enjoying your time at this amazeballs club.

#MBD25.

TL;DR Version:
The Club
It's no secret we had a quiet off-season. Partly because there was not much upheavel in terms of outgoing posters, and partly because I wasn't as active as one could have been to ensure we nabbed some rookies.

The Outs - Smartys Power, Elton Johns Wig - There is a fair bit of quality that left the Snow Dome, being a long-time servent seeking a fresh start, and another who left as quick as he arrived but produced a season of quality.

The Ins - Tarkyn_24, Proper Gander, amos - Tarkyn has produced more than what I thought he would if I am being honest, but as well and truly added some spark and activity. Proper Gander is still finding her feet, but I love her quality contributions. There is too much emphasis on quantity in this league, but I for one do hope she enjoys herself and starts posting a little more because her humour is obvious and has had me giggling on more than one occasion. amos is amos - I hope he keeps it up as we have another quality poster on our hands.

Results
After a putrid 0-3 start, I thought we were looking at a very long season and was worried that some may lose interest, but the sim has been kind and we've clawed our way back to a 3-3 ledger. Two of those losses have been by less than a kick, whilst the only sour note was the Round 1 smacking we received by the Wonders.

We sit well inside the Top 8 now, and let's hope that we can bank a few more wins to give ourselves some breathing space.

The Posting
We contine to receive praise in each match thread that people enjoy playing against us which is a great sign. Over the last few seasons, we have always polled well in terms of the best clubs to play against, but funnily enough there is still the belief that we are a struggling club in some circles. I have found it hard to juggle the team, as we generally have anywhere from 16 to 20+ posters popping up in either the match threads or the team thread in any given week.

Yakker and Headless lead the way, averaging more than 100 posts per match thread which is a monumental effort. Yakker's currency continues to rise, whilst the resurrection of Headless (despite being about 3 seasons old now) continues to amaze me. He's starting to get the plaudits he deserves in the wider Sweet FA community now too. We've effeminately got two locks for All-SFA already.

The next 'tier' of posters is where we are most impressive. Tarkyn_24, sausageroll, sante, cooney and RodneyDangerfield all contine to be team first players and are very active (30+ posts per week) whilst the likes of Proper Gander and roo2macca (one of my favourites) are pretty solid in their numbers.

We've had a great spread with Freo Hammer 21, Van_Dyke, brucetiki (who had a bit of a resurrection this week!) and Thetrader15 popping in from time to time. I'd love to see a little more of fancyscum, lion around and deaneus but whenever they do pop up they are great for a bit of banter anyway.

I always believe in the mantra of quality over quantity and don't expect everyone to pop up each week with 20+ posts and love our mix. I just hope that those that don't post as often do so because they are busy and it's not because they are not enjoying Mount Buller.

The Good
BullerBet - I think it's added another layer of activity, banter and fun to our match thread. For the last few seasons we've had one of the best team threads, and Yakker has done an amazing job not just with BullerBet but his underrated 'Flathead of the week' as part of his Qishing Wrap. It's always a good read and implore all of you to direct any queries, questions or comments his way.

#Headless300 #fanfare - It's no secret I want to have his babies. Such a longtime servant of the club who has gone through his active, semi-active and AWOL periods but has always been an absolute 'team first' warrior who involves teammates and likes the Simpsons. A genuine good bloke who deserves a bit of 'me' time in the lead up to 300.

Squad Depth - As I touched on, it's been tough for me with so many active posters. I try to reward quality posting with quality positions, and of course try to give some of the up-and-comers some good midfield minutes to be rewarded in the sim. Some such as DJ have therefore had to take a backseat at times. The club has always had a great vibe in relation to people wanting to play for the fun of it as opposed to wanting to play to see their own stats, and I'll continue to try to reward activity and quality with a bit of rotation.

The Bad
Some Key Demons - This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but there is not much to say so I am filling this a bit. I'd love to see Oddhawk back as there are so many new or newish posters (Tarks, Yakker, sausage, r2m etc) who have not seen an OddHawk in full flight. He was Yakker before there was Yakker! Absolute behemoth that took it upon himself to do an absolute truckload of work with his 'oddstats' segment before his PC died. VD is taking some well-deserved 'backseat time' and hope he is enjoying himself too. Great to see he is sticking around.

Sante - Learn how to post a team sheet.

Rodney - Come on mate. It's not funny anymore.

The Next Few Weeks

We have ladder leaders the Hawks next week away from home, before the Swamprats (away) and the Bears (home) to take us to Easter. Let's hope to nab at least two wins from these three games to give us a 6-4 record heading into the back half of the season.

The Captain
haydo mentioned in another thread that (paraphrasing) a quality club is made by having quality people pushing it along. They say the sim is random, so I guess I can only judge things by how you are all enjoying it. There is a few PM's floating around (leadership group, a few with other posters etc) and the vibe of our match threads and team threads seem to suggest everyone is having fun. Please do not hesitate to shout out if you have any questions, queries, concerns etc... I'm here to ensure you're all enjoying your time at this amazeballs club.

#MBD25.

Last edited:
WTF cats2rise
Effeminately???
Yeah I re-read the text after posting and picked that up. Was supposed to read 'definitely' but was a typo.

Was going to edit it.

Then decided to leave it as it is.

Yeah I re-read the text after posting and picked that up. Was supposed to read 'definitely' but was a typo.

Was going to edit it.

Then decided to leave it as it is.
Love it!!! Hahahhaaa

I think everyone is well aware that I don't proof read my posts before I hit 'post reply' by now.

If not, that's not my fault. That's on you.

The Captain

#MBD25.
[/SPOILER]
Wow, that's a compliment. I would never expect that from you

Wow, that's a compliment. I would never expect that from you
I am about to have a shower to scrub the dirt off.

Now leave this thread, you peasant minnow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post, cats2rise. I went with the tl;dr version - glad I could save some precious hours.
Goddamn you for stealing my comment. This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say :mad:

I read both the initial post and tl;dr version
Goddamn you for stealing what was pretty much exactly what I was going to say as soon I saw Headless' comment :mad::mad:

I just hope that there is someone else who had their original comments stolen by the two of you and has now had their response to that stolen by me.

Unfortunately your bet has been... misplaced.

Double or nothing next week, I swear.
I was gonna use those winnings to buy a new hat. I threw my last one at a bus for being too bus'y.

I guess ill just have to hide in the shade this week. Hopefully i at least get a mention on the team sheet this week

The TL;DR version has one less word in it.

I dare you to find it.

Actually TLDR had 3 less words technically. There were 1,117 in the original and 1,114 in the TLDR. The differences were you made "Thetrader15 popping" into one word by removing the space between. You also changed "do not" to "don't" and you dicked around with "20+ posts - I love" and changed it to "20+ posts and love"

upload_2018-3-13_8-48-9.png

Where is my prize and what is it?

And I get 60% of that, as per my fees.
You should look at the contract better. You get 60% of my takings, after I place the next bet! But 60% of 0 is still 0.

You should look at the contract better. You get 60% of my takings, after I place the next bet! But 60% of 0 is still 0.

Guess I'll see you in court.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back