AFL 2018 - AFL Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone on Carlton ($12.50) for a 24 points up payout?
Mayby not Carl, but Ess, GC or even perhaps WB might be a good chance to scoot clear and get reeled back in.

Might get the missus to join Pointsbet as it's only 20 points although they are pretty quick to promo ban.

Mayby not Carl, but Ess, GC or even perhaps WB might be a good chance to scoot clear and get reeled back in.

Might get the missus to join Pointsbet as it's only 20 points although they are pretty quick to promo ban.
. Hmmm, ive avoided bans on pointsbet so far, were you betting the full 500 on afl matches?

It's under their specials.

Also $9 for Carlton v Sydney to be the lowest score of the round is decent value.
Yeh why is it $9 when it's the lowest projected game total and other matches like dees dogs is 5.00 haha..I'm on the neds market btw, think neds have stuffed up have dees dogs 5.00 highest too

Last edited:
. Hmmm, ive avoided bans on pointsbet so far, were you betting the full 500 on afl matches?
No certainly not that much, but I tail alot of bets on horse racing, NRL etc so it's hard not bet on the major sports without being involved in their promotions and that gets you promo banned from all accounts.

I'm thinking of experimenting with some spread betting for some lower risk, higher reward plays if they come up.

love this place, market has barely moved
Neds moved down a point from 2.5 to 1.5, same with 365. Topsport 2.5 from 1.90 to 1.85. Small changes but it's money being bet for the Hawks. Or maybe it's the books just randomly changing prices because they're bored or something?

Why are you even posting anyway? This is an AFL Round 11 thread but you seem to just linger and randomly jump in to critique others when you don't post any bets.

Neds moved down a point from 2.5 to 1.5, same with 365. Topsport 2.5 from 1.90 to 1.85. Small changes but it's money being bet for the Hawks. Or maybe it's the books just randomly changing prices because they're bored or something?

Why are you even posting anyway? This is an AFL Round 11 thread but you seem to just linger and randomly jump in to critique others when you don't post any bets.
A 1 point move in a line is not even worth posting about... whichever books you see 1.5 there are just as many still at 2.5

You are obviously passionate and want to take your punting seriously which is great but you really need to educate yourself on the basics first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

toppy are +2.5 $1.95 on Hawks.

majority of my betting is done game day so not much to say now, backed you up earlier with you Dees thoughts in this thread.
should be able to learn more from discussing topics like that which relevant to betting markets instead of just tossing up the odd bet here or there which really counts for nothing in the long term.

as to books changing prices without taking money they do sadly, not sure 365 or Neds are taking any smart action, market will gravitate to which way topsport head usually, but moves pre game are pretty damn misleading especially when its 1pt.

A 1 point move in a line is not even worth posting about... whichever books you see 1.5 there are just as many still at 2.5

You are obviously passionate and want to take your punting seriously which is great but you really need to educate yourself on the basics first.
Hardly passionate, take it fairly seriously as do probably the majority of people on this forum that actually post bets.

I agree, 1 point moves are pretty irrelevant. But in this case, Rocky jumped in with a sarcastic comment as usual and I was just explaining why I put the bet up.

Hardly passionate, take it fairly seriously as do probably the majority of people on this forum that actually post bets.

I agree, 1 point moves are pretty irrelevant. But in this case, Rocky jumped in with a sarcastic comment as usual and I was just explaining why I put the bet up.
He has a round about way of trying to make a point...
So what is your perceived edge in betting into a 1 point line move? Do you have one or are you just following? The truth is if you are trying to follow the sharp money, by the time the line moves the value has already gone.

What's happened to Hannebry? Gone from a consistent 25-30 touch guy to barely getting 20 most weeks..body cooked? Doesn't seem to gut run anymore
Different role, spending a lot less time in the centre square. Only two contested possessions so far.

He has a round about way of trying to make a point...
So what is your perceived edge in betting into a 1 point line move? Do you have one or are you just following? The truth is if you are trying to follow the sharp money, by the time the line moves the value has already gone.
I look for the best price possible for the games I want to bet on. Hawks started at -1.5 favs on Monday. Port came into -1.5 during the week. Obviously i was going to wait. The game starts tomorrow at 2pm. The price for Hawthorn was coming in, albeit only slightly but still coming in. What would you do in that situation? Pretty basic stuff. Nothing to do with following sharp money.

I look for the best price possible for the games I want to bet on. Hawks started at -1.5 favs on Monday. Port came into -1.5 during the week. Obviously i was going to wait. The game starts tomorrow at 2pm. The price for Hawthorn was coming in, albeit only slightly but still coming in. What would you do in that situation? Pretty basic stuff. Nothing to do with following sharp money.
If you don't have an edge, how can you beat the bookmakers margin and win over time? Straight off the bat they are already 4-5% infront of you and that's without your edge being assisted by complex computer models and algorithms and continuous sharp money shaping their price.

If you don't have an edge, how can you beat the bookmakers margin and win over time? Straight off the bat they are already 4-5% infront of you and that's without your edge being assisted by complex computer models and algorithms and continuous sharp money shaping their price.
I'm not saying I have an edge. It's pretty basic for me, cap the games. Wait for the best price and bet the games that show the most value. Don't get too complicated with it all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back