Goulburn Valley FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its not for me to judge but been super impressed by the level of coaching in the GVFL or entering like Hawke this year. Believe most clubs have go it right.
Have to agree with you there Ringo. I think all the sides have shown an improvement in performance to some extent this year. Probably the two that have slipped back a bit have been Swans and Mooroopna and these two teams really haven’t excited anyone for a couple of years now. I’ve been really impressed with the coaching outcomes at Tatura and the performance of Benalla after their coach copped a battering during preseason and leading up to Interleague. Special mention goes to Mansfield who are going along ok.

Have to agree with you there Ringo. I think all the sides have shown an improvement in performance to some extent this year. Probably the two that have slipped back a bit have been Swans and Mooroopna and these two teams really haven’t excited anyone for a couple of years now. I’ve been really impressed with the coaching outcomes at Tatura and the performance of Benalla after their coach copped a battering during preseason and leading up to Interleague. Special mention goes to Mansfield who are going along ok.

Who is coaching Mansfield?

Where has the Tat coach earlier this year "Copped a battering"?

So with the transfer window is about to close, who’s been the best recruit ?

Glenfell to Tat would have to be up there.
Preseason I read that he didn’t stand up in games and slept with the light on and blah blah blah but to make the Vic Country Squad he’s done alright

So with the transfer window is about to close, who’s been the best recruit ?

Glenfell to Tat would have to be up there.
Preseason I read that he didn’t stand up in games and slept with the light on and blah blah blah but to make the Vic Country Squad he’s done alright
Mattingly would be up there with him watched him a couple of times terrific player. Big game this week for echuca against Mansfield they must win these games against these middle of the range sides if they are going to be a genuine finals contender Ringo any word on Buckleys return??

Elaborate please
I heard 3rd or 4th hand, as so to speak, so keep that in mind. It was alleged Paul became more accustom to the points system late last week and was shocked to see the Swans on 40 (over 200 point loss) and Ky on 25 ( longest ever winning streak in gvl ). He was even further concerned when he realised that some of the Swan's players could/should be on more points.
He words apparently were 'what the heck have I got myself into ".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mattingly would be up there with him watched him a couple of times terrific player. Big game this week for echuca against Mansfield they must win these games against these middle of the range sides if they are going to be a genuine finals contender Ringo any word on Buckleys return??

No word at this stage mate. i know he did a running session last week and still had a slight niggle. With the stakes pretty high this weekend and another week under his belt he might find himself playing forward V Mansfield.

I heard 3rd or 4th hand, as so to speak, so keep that in mind. It was alleged Paul became more accustom to the points system late last week and was shocked to see the Swans on 40 (over 200 point loss) and Ky on 25 ( longest ever winning streak in gvl ). He was even further concerned when he realised that some of the Swan's players could/should be on more points.
I get my information ("the roar is back")first hand and I must say you are well off the mark on this "comment " way way off the mark , I must admit this forum is amusing at times but let's get some first hand facts before making silly comments from so called 3rd or 4th hand people who are probably not even in the loop at the Swans ,but good banter to put out there before Hawkey even took his first training session "love the negativity" this forum produces at times ....

No word at this stage mate. i know he did a running session last week and still had a slight niggle. With the stakes pretty high this weekend and another week under his belt he might find himself playing forward V Mansfield.
I don't think his hamstring is his main concern...rather that he nearly cut his finger off with a knife at work.

Echuca coped well without Buckley last week. The first 15 minutes was a brilliant display of football that most teams would've struggled against. The reason being that they shared the ball, blocked and tackled with intent. If they can replicate that for longer they may emerge as a real challenger to kyabram. The issue is that they haven't yet beaten Benalla, Shepparton or Euroa. if they can claim a couple of those scalps then they deserve to be in the mix.

Ky is head and shoulders above the rest, but it is a real toss up who will end up 2nd. There are a lot of teams capable of improving and making a strong contest. I haven’t watch any game Benalla has won this year, that couldn’t be reversed if the other side had bit more going for it. I didn’t see the Masfield/Saints game, had kids netball competition. But Mansfield sides have always impressed me with individual skills, they just couldn’t put it together as a side. It was no surprise to me Saints lost. And it won’t be this week. The Saints/Tat game this week should be a ripper. Hopefully the weather is ok, and we get a great game. Not sure of ins and outs, but no Sam Martyn will still hurt.

Ky is head and shoulders above the rest, but it is a real toss up who will end up 2nd. There are a lot of teams capable of improving and making a strong contest. I haven’t watch any game Benalla has won this year, that couldn’t be reversed if the other side had bit more going for it. I didn’t see the Masfield/Saints game, had kids netball competition. But Mansfield sides have always impressed me with individual skills, they just couldn’t put it together as a side. It was no surprise to me Saints lost. And it won’t be this week. The Saints/Tat game this week should be a ripper. Hopefully the weather is ok, and we get a great game. Not sure of ins and outs, but no Sam Martyn will still hurt.

Ky is in the 'ring' just waiting for a contender to declare themselves, atm i would lean towards a replay of last years GF

I get my information ("the roar is back")first hand and I must say you are well off the mark on this "comment " way way off the mark , I must admit this forum is amusing at times but let's get some first hand facts before making silly comments from so called 3rd or 4th hand people who are probably not even in the loop at the Swans ,but good banter to put out there before Hawkey even took his first training session "love the negativity" this forum produces at times ....
Welcome back NEAFL, I think it was March when you last posted the following and I quote,

“So the Swans are struggling mate!, not what I've heard ,the players have a huge wrap for there coach , the club is travelling nicely along with a great committed committee and Volunteers and a keen group of players that can't wait for season to start with a great leadership group announced last Monday on there Facebook page , they have recruited well with what I'm hearing more announcements on players to come in the next couple of weeks they are financially sound which can't be said for other clubs not all but some , maybe you should take your dog for walk and have alook at some other clubs I hear United are doing really well (not) can't wait to catch up with you on Saturday at the practice Match !! Just remember it's pretty easy to throw crap story's around on a forum with no back up just your fingers on a keyboard go talk to people in and around the club you bag the crap out of and find the real truth go talk to some players maybe some committee people the footy department and find out about the club and coach as I did , struggling club my ass !! might take another season to climb in to finals contention , but befor mouthing off in so much negativity find out the facts
As I said can't wait to catch up with you on Saturday to have a chat so don't be shy come Saturday !!!”
I think the Swans are struggling, did not recruit well at all and the most recently appointed coach was a poor decision. I think the appointment of Hawk is great and may attract some past players back at low points. By the way I still take my dog for a walk down to Princes Park and he looks forward to your rare post. Hope your boy is going well and getting a kick.

So many posts that start with "I heard" from this bloke. Runs at a BS rate of more than 85% efficiency

I also heard Echuca were wrapped with the live stream and felt it was significantly better than previous coverage.
Good stuff roar. I'll deal in reality and you can continue to peddle garbage along with your 2 mates. Let's keep it real. I only deal with people who have the betterment of our local game at heart. Clearly you are the type of individual who is happy hiding behind a keyboard and is prepared to throw blokes under the bus at any given opportunity.

By the way, what relevance does the livestream have to the Paul Hawke rumour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back