Song Contest Part XIII, Host: JoshWoodenSpoon, Theme: Woodblocks/Cowbells, Noms Due: Mon 8:45pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

First up is our solo DQ. And it was a biggie.

So big it probably would have won the whole fricking round…

Everything In Its Right Place by Radiohead with 31 votes and 1 Billies. (4B3355245). Nommed by Back One Out

Oh boy.

#songcontestresults

In 24th Place is Candy Says by The Velvet Underground with 4 votes and 1 Billies. (11B11) Nommed by manangatang . Campaigners.

In 23rd Place is Scatman (ski-ba-bop-ba-dop-bop) by Scatman John with 6 votes and 1 Billies. (B411) Nommed by Noobz0r

In 22nd Place is Eighties by Killing Joke with 6 votes and 0 Billies. (15) Nommed by General Soreness

#songcontestresults

In 21st Place is The Creator Has A Master Plan by Pharoah Sanders with 7 votes and 6 Billies. (4BBBB1B2B) Nommed by JoshWoodenSpoon

A hard-earned but well-deserved Billy winner…

qzev45.jpg

In 20th Place is Lithium by Evanescence with 8 votes and 3 Billies. (5BBB3) Nommed by Jazny

In 19th Place is Helelyos by Sexwitch with 8 votes and 2 Billies. (B42B2) Nommed by Chappyuk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#songcontestresults

In 18th Place is American Idiot by Green Day with 9 votes and 3 Billies. (BB4B14) Nommed by SarahSmiles

In equal 16th Place is Cough Cough by Everything Everything with 9 votes and 0 Billies. (45) Nommed by kdavva74, and…

Born Under A Bad Sign by Cream with 9 votes and 0 Billies. (351) Nommed by Hoos

#songcontestresults

In 15th Place is *en Awesome by Spiderbait with 10 votes and 1 Billies. (B424) Nommed by Drunkgoliath

In 14th Place is Put Your Hand In The Hand by Elvis Presley with 12 votes and 0 Billies. (31521) Nommed by raskolnikov

In 13th Place is Louisa by The Teskey Brothers with 13 votes and 1 Billies. (4B423) Nommed by the fly

#songcontestresults

In 12th Place is Slip Sliding Away by Paul Simon with 13 votes and 0 Billies. (5323) Nommed by William Wonka

In 11th Place is Release Me by Marta Ren & The Groovelvets with 14 votes and 0 Billies. (35321) Nommed by Ulahoopski

Uncut is a great rock mag, used to buy it religiously, they have some great stories about the old rock bands from the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Very UK biased though, they'd give The Church 3 stars for their albums, if they were a UK band they would get 5 stars but they were at least aware of them.
It's usually them or Mojo that I have a look at and occasionally buy.

The "Ultimate Music Guide" by Uncut are terrific. I do like matching their ratings for every song against my own.

I'll take a 4 and 5 for a relatively unknown song.

#songcontestresults

In 10th Place is Hey Laura by Gregory Porter with 16 votes and 0 Billies. (24433). Nommed by Elton Johns Wig. Loved it.

In 9th Place is The Boy With The Thorn In His Side by The Smiths with 17 votes and 1 Billies. (51533B). Nommed by NaturalDisaster

In 8th Place is Holdin' On by Flume with 18 votes and 2 Billies. (B53325B). Nommed by SM

#songcontestresults

In 7th Place is Brass In Pocket by The Pretenders with 18 votes and 0 Billies. (412155). Nommed by GreyCrow

In 6th Place is New Fang by Them Crooked Vultures with 19 votes and 0 Billies. (225442). Nommed by Plugger35

In 5th Place is The Beast In Me by Nick Lowe with 20 votes and 0 Billies. (515243). Nommed by The Filth Wizard

#songcontestresults

TOP 3!!

In equal 3rd Place is Don't Let Me Down by The Beatles with 21 votes and 1 Billies. (24B13452). Nommed by Loonerty, and…

Can I Kick It? by A Tribe Called Quest with 21 votes and 1 Billies. (13B42121124). Nommed by Sozabarus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back