2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

McCrae is just paying full price, unless you think he is the only option for captain spot. Brayshaw and Grundy are also full price. The rest I like
Brayshaw had scores of 67, 53 and 78 to start the year last year. Then proceded to average 115.9 after the bye.

Definitely an argument that his average 105 is ten points undervalued.

Birch is having a bit of an interrupted pre season at the moment and i would probably plan my team around not having him. If named round 1 he is a massive lock, but i have doubts unfortunately. :'(
With the main group again this week as far as I'm aware? Could be wrong though. Definitely needs to play 1 JLT for me to select him but he currently sits at my D5

With the main group again this week as far as I'm aware? Could be wrong though. Definitely needs to play 1 JLT for me though
Yeah he was but he isn't in full training yet though, i am hopeful he will be ready to go but i have my doubts unfortunately.

Yes and no. I think teams know that he's damaging, but they still won't want to let Oliver off the leash either. Given that he still didn't score badly, if he plays against teams who don't tag, the average will balance out. Still worth it IMO, but JLT could give us a decent indication on how he's tracking/if teams put any time into him.
yeah I dont disagree at all, just once they're factored in that 10 point upside reduces to from memory 3 points. Still think he is a very good pick, but with players who have shows 1 season out of the box the risk is higher as while I won't be surprised to see Brayshaw go 112+, I also won't be surprised to see him around 100. I do want him though, but cant ever fit all the players you want so whether he makes it or not will be one of those things that isn't decided until final weak as teams come out and dictate structure.

If Merrett were to miss Rd 1 (I doubt it) then he is in for me

Birch is having a bit of an interrupted pre season at the moment and i would probably plan my team around not having him. If named round 1 he is a massive lock, but i have doubts unfortunately. :'(
thats how im taking it.

Planning your structure around someone like him who would be good if fit but not many around his price as alternatives can get you hopeful on a structure that then cant work without him.

Easier to plan for no him (given he is prob 50-50 at best to be there) then if he is downgrade someone and have that cash to pay with rather than have to find cash to change your structure to move him up after you've talked yourself into all these other players

Tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG PLEASE TONIGHT! Tomorrow is my only day off all week, i mean i will stay up all day and night fiddling with it either way, but it would be nice to not be tired at work all day.

I believe it will be either Wednesday or Thursday. As there is one more podcast and prices to be released tonight/tomorrow and then it can open after that
That podcast should be released within next few hours...I think the article goes up the next day, no? Tomorrow looks good ...praying for tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm becoming more confident in running with 2 forward premiums and batting deeper in my midfield and backline until some of the 'new' top FWD scorers reveal themselves
Does that mean 2 premos, 1 midpricer and 3 rooks?
I'm going light in defence and loading up MId and Fwd.....So, Blakely at D3, Brouch at M6 and Jiggins at F4 with Setterfield at F5.
Will change with JLT info, but I don't like FWD rooks

Does that mean 2 premos, 1 midpricer and 3 rooks?
I'm going light in defence and loading up MId and Fwd.....So, Blakely at D3, Brouch at M6 and Jiggins at F4 with Setterfield at F5.
Will change with JLT info, but I don't like FWD rooks
Danger and Heeney. Nervous times though because I'm not huge on forward rookies either lol

Danger and Heeney. Nervous times though because I'm not huge on forward rookies either lol
It would be handy to have a premo with DPP Def/Fwd, flexibility would be handy if a shuffle is needed rather than wasting a trade.

I heard Thursday 24th for Fantasy. Supercoach is tonight

Was just coming on here to ask when it was starting.....
It's following the same trajectory as last season, so should be Thursday/Wednesday night at the earliest. Eagles will be released tomorrow then 2 days after, it's go time!

Im a little skeptical on how much difference a player going back 5m is going to change things. I think ive said that before.

Some teams dont even have a guy on the mark.

For me it might help those that want to go long. You will effectivily be able to get the ball an extra 5 metres further from goal and these are the guys likely to use the new rule and have the added points.

As much as guys like Lloyd or witherden take 50% of the kickins and have only played on x amount and should increase their points because they will be kicking outside the box 75% of the times now.

That 50% of kickins is also likely to reduce aswell as id say the person closest to the ball bag in general open play when a point is scored will be looking to kick in as soon as possible and they wont be waiting for a half back lime Lloyd or Witherden to come down and take the kick.

So maybe a greater spread of players to kick in but more kicks taken outside the square. Does that equate to greater points? unsure

Edit: I think if your still going for a short kick to hold the ball then your kicking inside the square due to it being so natural

If your kicking long then i feel your gonna try and use that additional 5ms to gain territory as much as possible instead of sometimes in the past players kicking inside the square for territory still

Edit: As far as rookie defenders goes i still think theres some quality there. The higher priced rooks like Collins, Rozee, J.Clark, Logue, Hore i expect to play early. Quaynor, Wigg, Scrimshaw chances aswell maybe a wilkie pops up

Last edited:
Im a little skeptical on how much difference a player going back 5m is going to change things. I think ive said that before.

For me it might help those that want to go long. You will effectivily be able to get the ball an extra 5 metres further from goal and these are the guys likely to use the new rule and have the added points.

As much as guys like Lloyd or witherden take 50% of the kickins and have only played on x amount and should increase their points because they will be kicking outside the box 75% of the times now.

That 50% of kickins is also likely to reduce aswell as id say the person closest to the ball bag in general open play when a point is scored will be looking to kick in as soon as possible and they wont be waiting for a half back lime Lloyd or Witherden to come down and take the kick.

So maybe a greater spread of players to kick in but more kicks taken outside the square. Does that equate to greater points? unsure

Edit: I think if your still going for a short kick to hold the ball then your kicking inside the square due to it being so natural

If your kicking long then i feel your gonna try and use that additional 5ms to gain territory as much as possible instead of sometimes in the past players kicking inside the square for territory still

Edit: As far as rookie defenders goes i still think theres some quality there. The higher priced rooks like Collins, Rozee, J.Clark, Logue, Hore i expect to play early. Quaynor, Wigg, Scrimshaw chances aswell maybe a wilkie pops up

I raised a similar question earlier. And added the likely deeper zone due to ability to more easily kick from further out may mean that pockets are left more open so the short chip with the next possession looking to clear the zone is popular and that kick out coming from inside the square.

But with what you've said there, remember dont overlook the no need to kick to yourself aspect. The man on mark back is 1 thing but being able to freely overstep the line makes that "so natural" kick still more likely to go over the line as the kicker may likely start on the line and it still be a 1 step kick but over the line

It's a combination of two things I think.
- the extra 5m; and
- not having to kick to yourself.

Having to kick to yourself was a slightly difficult exercise involving some risk. Without having to do that, in combination with the extra 5m's, means it will be very easy to run 5m outside the square to get that bit of extra leg room.

Plus players are stat-focussed and will step out of the square every time to try and increase their stats.

But I think you are right. You may get a lot more of the person closest to the bag taking kick outs.

I think it still leads to increases for players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back