The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tda2YZD.jpg

Lingard and martial out for our games. Lukaku to come in and battle us like he usually does

Lingard isnt a loss for them. Last time away to them hoofing it long to Lukaku / Fellaini and flicking it on caused TAA all sorts of issues. Hopefully Jurg has learnt from last time although OGS probably wont resort to a barrage of long balls this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve had mixed thoughts about this game since last week. One day we should win, the next we will lose. I’m wondering if getting knocked out early in this comp will help our premier league challenge

Ive read that Jurg is considering playing Hendo at CB. Would prefer Fabinho as he already played that role away to Brighton.

Dont think getting knocked out in CL is great for our momentum. CL campaign creates a feel good vibe and should help us challenge for the title IMO.

Gomez & Ox back fit would be akin to new signings for us in the run in.

Ive read that Jurg is considering playing Hendo at CB. Would prefer Fabinho as he already played that role away to Brighton.

Dont think getting knocked out in CL is great for our momentum. CL campaign creates a feel good vibe and should help us challenge for the title IMO.

Gomez & Ox back fit would be akin to new signings for us in the run in.

I can’t see Gomez returning this season, I just can’t. Ox May have a small part to play.

If required, Fabinho should play CB instead of Hendo

I can’t see Gomez returning this season, I just can’t. Ox May have a small part to play.

If required, Fabinho should play CB instead of Hendo

Last update for Gomez was should be available by the start of March and that surgery at the start of this month was successful. Shouldn't take the rest of the season for his injury to heal, if a plate was inserted to assist the bone healing it shouldn't take too long at all before the bone is strong enough for contact football. My wife had exactly the same scenario (broken ankle whilst snowboarding, didn't heal properly at the joint after 4-6 weeks then surgery with a plate - full recovery a month after surgery). if Gomez had a different operation then all bets are off but this is the usual operation for broken ankles that do not heal properly. Details of the exact procedure Gomez had don't seem to be available as far as I can find.

Last update for Gomez was should be available by the start of March and that surgery at the start of this month was successful. Shouldn't take the rest of the season for his injury to heal, if a plate was inserted to assist the bone healing it shouldn't take too long at all before the bone is strong enough for contact football. My wife had exactly the same scenario (broken ankle whilst snowboarding, didn't heal properly at the joint after 4-6 weeks then surgery with a plate - full recovery a month after surgery). if Gomez had a different operation then all bets are off but this is the usual operation for broken ankles that do not heal properly. Details of the exact procedure Gomez had don't seem to be available as far as I can find.

Just five days ago I read Gomez will need another four to six weeks before he can train again. Seasons done for him.

Just five days ago I read Gomez will need another four to six weeks before he can train again. Seasons done for him.
When he comes back there will still be about 6 more weeks of football.

When he comes back there will still be about 6 more weeks of football.

If it’s true that he still needs four to six weeks from a week ago he’ll he fit by late March. Then he’ll need a week or two training before he makes the squad which takes us into a week or two into April. Four months out.

The time frame is 4 to 6 weeks to be match fit. Returning to training will be a significant amount of time prior to that. I expect he will be back playing 1st - 2nd week of March. If the surgery didnt go as planned it would have been a longer recovery but the club publically stated surgery was successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back