Goulburn Valley FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
U
Fair point mate. I see Rokahr and Luke Smith have lodged clearances to Barwon. Not sure what Davies or Butts are doing but this will weaken the Bears.

Mansfield are the potential challenger in my view. Browne, Lawton and Rose are massive 'Ins'.

Butts is on Adelaides list so he’s gone. Ash plays bushies all year too.
Big outs from the grand final team I think.
Expect they thirds to be strong but not huge depth in their twos, They will play finals but would be hard to repeat in my opinion. Echuca and tat probably go past them.

Butts is on Adelaides list so he’s gone. Ash plays bushies all year too.
Big outs from the grand final team I think.
Expect they thirds to be strong but not huge depth in their twos, They will play finals but would be hard to repeat in my opinion. Echuca and tat probably go past them.
Kyabram vs who
In the grannie

Personally love to see that but have lost a few that will be hard to replace. Faulkes will be a huge in. Kirkby is a great player but coming off a reco at 32 is tough for a KPP. Morris has some injury concerns. Buckley needs to overcome injury concerns as well. They will finish top 4 but just think Tat will be tough to pass. They pushed Echuca in the final last year and with the addition of players such as Fothergill ( My Morrison tip) will be stronger again.

Fill me in on Fothergill? Good player?

If Buckley can get back to his best then the bombers will be up there!

Smith and Rokahr both have to play GFL due to them being at Geelong VFL Is that right? Hence the clearances as previously noted.

Fill me in on Fothergill? Good player?

If Buckley can get back to his best then the bombers will be up there!

Smith and Rokahr both have to play GFL due to them being at Geelong VFL Is that right? Hence the clearances as previously noted.

Fothergill is an on baller /
Forward who won a BF at Canberra in the NEAFL..gun! Euroa have gone whack today signing Haley Bobgoti from the QAFL and former Bendigo Pikneer Lewin Davis. There was draft interest in Davis in 2017.

I went with a Ky-Echuca gf at the start of last year, and I’ll go the same again this year. Echuca to win.

I am not too sure on Echuca in my opinion. In the Elimanation final agianst Tatura, Echuca only won 1 quarter for that game while Tatura won 2 and it was a draw. It was just the first quarter that won the game for echuca. If the game went on for another 10 minute, Tatura would of won in my opinion.

I have Kyabram first(I do not think they will be undefeated during the home and away season), Tatura or Shepparton 2nd or 3rd, I think Mansfield Echuca 4th or 5th,I think Rochy, Euroa and Benalla to fight out the 6th spot. Seymour and Shepp Unit will be competitive and mooroopna and Swans to fight for the spoon agian.

I am not too sure on Echuca in my opinion. In the Elimanation final agianst Tatura, Echuca only won 1 quarter for that game while Tatura won 2 and it was a draw. It was just the first quarter that won the game for echuca. If the game went on for another 10 minute, Tatura would of won in my opinion.

I have Kyabram first(I do not think they will be undefeated during the home and away season), Tatura or Shepparton 2nd or 3rd, I think Mansfield Echuca 4th or 5th,I think Rochy, Euroa and Benalla to fight out the 6th spot. Seymour and Shepp Unit will be competitive and mooroopna and Swans to fight for the spoon agian.

I think with how Rochy are setting themselves I know it’s tight but they will be disappointed if they arnt atleast top 4. Had a horrid year in 2018 with injuries and haven’t lost anyone as of yet and added 5-6 players

I have Kyabram first(I do not think they will be undefeated during the home and away season), Tatura or Shepparton 2nd or 3rd, I think Mansfield Echuca 4th or 5th,I think Rochy, Euroa and Benalla to fight out the 6th spot. Seymour and Shepp Unit will be competitive and mooroopna and Swans to fight for the spoon agian.[/QUOTE]
Remember that final well oz I agree kicking 5-7 in the last quarter it really hurt you that day Your coach was terrific but would like to see him play like it more often.Any way how’s tat shaping up and how’s the team shaping up in comparison to last season

Last edited:
Remember that final well oz I agree kicking 5-7 in the last quarter it really hurt you that day Your coach was terrific but would like to see him play like it more often.Any way how’s tat shaping up and how’s the team shaping up in comparison to last season[/QUOTE]

Tatura has Echuca on the ropes. As The coach and leader Daniels should have started in the middle...not out on a Wing.i felt it sent the wrong message early. Playing on kids on a wing compared to the big wigs is not going to help the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tatura has Echuca on the ropes. As The coach and leader Daniels should have started in the middle...not out on a Wing.i felt it sent the wrong message early. Playing on kids on a wing compared to the big wigs is not going to help the team.

Totally agree. Highly experienced leaders play at the coal face and dominate. Games are not won out on the wings. Was totally surprised by that on the day and thought it may have been part of the reason why they got done. Hopefully he plays mid this year as he is their best option in there and that he stays healthy to allow him to play at his best.

Remember that final well oz I agree kicking 5-7 in the last quarter it really hurt you that day Your coach was terrific but would like to see him play like it more often.Any way how’s tat shaping up and how’s the team shaping up in comparison to last season

Tat has gained quite a few and with long term injuries like Matt Shannon, I think we will be up the pointy end(well I hope anyway). Not lot of players out but the main one was Tom Miller.

I am looking forward to following the bulldogs home and away like I did last year

Have heard that Anthony Miller a 17 year old from Rumba has signed at Tatura. If correct he will be a good pick up. He will be very handy, a clever skill full goalkicking small forward.

Remember that final well oz I agree kicking 5-7 in the last quarter it really hurt you that day Your coach was terrific but would like to see him play like it more often.Any way how’s tat shaping up and how’s the team shaping up in comparison to last season[/QUOTE]

Interesting how opinions differ.
I have Kyabram followed by Mansfield and Tatura. I reckon Rochy will slide up to 4th given the targeted recruiting over summer. Don't believe Stroobants will play a full season with Coburg as a 28 year old. Echuca and Shepparton have both lost a few, particularly Shepparton. That would leave Euroa, Benalla, United and Seymour (in that order) outside the six. Hopefully Mooroopna and Shepp Swans are competitive and can win a few games.

Kyabram
Tatura
Rochestor
Mansfield
Shepparton
Echuca
Seymour
Euroa
Benalla
Swans
United
Mooroopna

I think Swans will be the big improvers. Sounds like they are getting a few of their old boys back at a point a piece so this should get them off the bottom. Kyabram and Tatura to play off for me. I think the competition will be a lot closer this year. Don’t think we will see the huge wins against the bottom sides that were commonplace last season.

Kyabram
Tatura
Rochestor
Mansfield
Shepparton
Echuca
Seymour
Euroa
Benalla
Swans
United
Mooroopna

I think Swans will be the big improvers. Sounds like they are getting a few of their old boys back at a point a piece so this should get them off the bottom. Kyabram and Tatura to play off for me. I think the competition will be a lot closer this year. Don’t think we will see the huge wins against the bottom sides that were commonplace last season.

Where are mooroopna at? How has their recruiting gone? See they have lost Riley IMO their best player. Seemed to have gone backwards last season aswell with only 1 win against swans which is concerning for them. This rebuild seems to be moving slower than bolton’s.

Kyabram
Tatura
Echuca
Mansfield
Rochester
Shepparton

Euroa
Seymour
Benalla
United
Mooroopna
Swans

I have 3 of the shepp sides on the bottom. Not great for the comp. Mooroopna really need to develop a community around the club. Feel they need a stronger identity.

Kyabram
Tatura
Echuca
Mansfield
Rochester
Shepparton

Euroa
Seymour
Benalla
United
Mooroopna
Swans

I have 3 of the shepp sides on the bottom. Not great for the comp. Mooroopna really need to develop a community around the club. Feel they need a stronger identity.

Wow isn’t this refreshing to be talking about something other then Ky tat or echuca on here Haha

Kyabram
Tatura
Echuca
Mansfield
Rochester
Shepparton

Euroa
Seymour
Benalla
United
Mooroopna
Swans

I would of thought Mooroopna are doing all they can to improve, unless we are in the inner sanctum of the club, we wouldnt really know... I am hearing they have a few Melb boys, but thats all it is at the moment is hear say... They have a new President and by the sound of it, he isnt a bad bloke, Billy Dowling I think it is.... yes Thirdman Up very refreshing!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would of thought Mooroopna are doing all they can to improve, unless we are in the inner sanctum of the club, we wouldnt really know... I am hearing they have a few Melb boys, but thats all it is at the moment is hear say... They have a new President and by the sound of it, he isnt a bad bloke, Billy Dowling I think it is.... yes Thirdman Up very refreshing!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm sure there are and have some great people involved. Just think they need a stronger identity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back