The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No contract extension on the table for Milner yet. There were plenty of rumours late last year that he would head back there if Leeds got promoted but I think he could be useful for one more season with us considering the ox is returning from an ACL.
Depends on a few things I think. We would probably offer another one year deal on smaller wages and a reduced role. Not sure he will accept those terms though. He would be a squad player next season filling in in midfield and at FB I'd imagine. We also may look to buy another CM in the summer. He might look for the exit.

Could also depend on how we do. If we win the title, great send off for him, where he can then head home to Leeds.

No contract extension on the table for Milner yet. There were plenty of rumours late last year that he would head back there if Leeds got promoted but I think he could be useful for one more season with us considering the ox is returning from an ACL.

It’s really simple when it comes to Milner, if klopp has plans for Milner next season where he plays him reguarly (not like a sturridge/origi), he’ll stay, if not, he will try to leave.

Milner's contract expires in 2020,from the various sources i've read. Assuming that's correct, that will probably see him out with us i imagine.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james-milner/profil/spieler/3333

Says it is expiring at the end of the season. Unaware of any automatic extensions.
God knows.
James Pearce said this in the Liverpool Echo a few months ago.
There seems to have been a bit of confusion around the length of James Milner’s contract but I’ve checked and it definitely runs until the summer of 2020. That’s why there’s no rush to think about an extension and all parties are relaxed about the situation.

Milner will be 34 by the time his current deal expires. He might fancy a new challenge then in the twilight of his career. I think much will depend on how he performs over the next 12 months. If he keeps playing like he is currently then I’m sure Liverpool will offer him a new deal.

And this from TIA on January 18th 2019.
Claims James Milner‘s terms are up in July are false, with vice-captain tied down until 2020.

Wasn't this the game that poked the bear that is Real? Real were so pissed off by how far they had fallen behind. . Perez came in as El Presidente, bought in Ronaldo, Benzema, Kaka, and the rest as they say is history.
Great performance by us though.

Pretty sure Perez was president way before 08/09, and Real underachieved for ages under him

What a week that was. 4-0 over both Real and United in the space of a couple of days.

That team was the best in Europe that season and it is criminal that we won no silverware.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Perez was president way before 08/09, and Real underachieved for ages under him
Yeah he was, but he resigned and then came back for a second term. They did under achieve under him towards the end of his first term, i suppose i should have said that loss to us was the final straw for them.

Bobby is all good. Doped up on Imodium probably.

pz9wnsvm3jh21.jpg

#LFC starting XI v Bayern: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Keita, Salah, Mane, Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Moreno, Milner, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi, Sturridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back