Multiplat Assassins Creed Odyssey

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s all implied. Since you don’t see anything how do you know they just aren’t going in for tea?

This is true although there is no way you are just having tea with Alcibiades.

f5d784aa1eabbde15ba5e2d90c3ba828.jpg

Platinum in just under 122 hours. Huge game, much bigger than Origins, which took me about 70 hours for the main game. It did start to drag on a bit to the point I'm not hugely keen to jump straight into the DLC. I mean, I will, but not hugely excited.

(Includes Origins spoilers)
Story was good but feel it didn't tie into Assassin's Creed in any way. It was just Mercenary's Creed all the way through. The only link was through the pre-cursors. The whole father reveal being Pythagoras and the guardian of Atlantis arc was pretty average. He was just a jerk and to them link it with Layla just seemed extremely pointless.

Also liked Bayek as a protagonist more. As a Medjay, he cared about his people and about his country and was driven by protecting them as much as he was by avenging his son. Kassandra was still a great character to play, particularly for the story of this one, just not for an AC game. She did everything for money and revenge.

Overall, it's a great game, just not a great AC game.

Platinum in just under 122 hours. Huge game, much bigger than Origins, which took me about 70 hours for the main game. It did start to drag on a bit to the point I'm not hugely keen to jump straight into the DLC. I mean, I will, but not hugely excited.

(Includes Origins spoilers)
Story was good but feel it didn't tie into Assassin's Creed in any way. It was just Mercenary's Creed all the way through. The only link was through the pre-cursors. The whole father reveal being Pythagoras and the guardian of Atlantis arc was pretty average. He was just a jerk and to them link it with Layla just seemed extremely pointless.

Also liked Bayek as a protagonist more. As a Medjay, he cared about his people and about his country and was driven by protecting them as much as he was by avenging his son. Kassandra was still a great character to play, particularly for the story of this one, just not for an AC game. She did everything for money and revenge.

Overall, it's a great game, just not a great AC game.

Agree re: AC story being a little absent... however the DLC changes that ;). It’s all about Darius (aka Artabanus) and is THE origin story. Think back to the statues in assassin vault thing I think in AC 2. I wish they work in Artaxerxes (blind dude who gets you to sync the points) as he was involved in the real historical story.

Have they improved this game much since launch? I steered clear because of scathing reviews about the in-game purchases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have they improved this game much since launch? I steered clear because of scathing reviews about the in-game purchases.

Don't think I've seen a single scathing review about this game, about the game itself or even in game purchases that are minor at best.

Don't think I've seen a single scathing review about this game, about the game itself or even in game purchases that are minor at best.

Upon release there was a youtube gaming channel who did an overwhelmingly negative review of the game, saying the game itself was adequate but the in-game purchasing system totally ruined the game. They were very detailed in their critique, it was like a 20 minute expose on how greedy ubisoft were and what the gaming industry had devolved into. Will post it if I can find it.

Upon release there was a youtube gaming channel who did an overwhelmingly negative review of the game, saying the game itself was adequate but the in-game purchasing system totally ruined the game. They were very detailed in their critique, it was like a 20 minute expose on how greedy ubisoft were and what the gaming industry had devolved into. Will post it if I can find it.

I wouldn't even bother if you're using a YouTube video as your source. Game is good, in game purchases mean nothing in regards to the game.

Outside of the DLC/expansions (which will add in around an extra 15-20 of content once it is all released) there is absolutely nothing in this game that is affected by real life money. There are skins but they are optional. Last major update they even added a transmogrification like feature of other games allowing some pretty cool customisation. There was a reason this game was unanimously voted top 10 of 2018.

Finally cleared enough backlog to give this one a go. How does it compare to Origins?

I prefer the island setting of this but prefer the story of Origins. Still a good game but it does get a bit tedious around the middle of the game.

Rumours of the next game, Assassin's Creed: Legion coming in 2020 and set in Rome around Marcus Aurelius, Commodus and the Year of the Five Emperors. Some pretty cool stuff on reddit where people have been dissecting the trophies of the up and coming Legacy of the Hidden Blade part 3 that looks like it is setting up the Atlantis DLC and tying Odyssey in with Origins, and how this rumoured Legion game will wrap the whole thing up like a trilogy.

Not a lot yet but all you have to do is google Assassin's Creed Legion. Same with the trophy stuff which I found by trying to google the release date of episode 3.
https://www.pcinvasion.com/assassins-creed-legion-rome-rumor/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back