Cam Guthrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I rate Cam a lot and regard him as a good hybrid type player at his best,

but his name creates extreme division of opinion on our board.
How is he perceived by non Geelong supporters?

Good solid role players that don't excel at anything always create divisions on club boards.

See: Chris Masten

I rate Masten and Guthrie about the same - not the most talented but you cannot have a side of 22 superstars in every position.

He was really underwhelming last season. Shifted around and suffered some injuries that make him look a shadow of the player everyone thought he was going to be. I think he belongs as a midfielder but if that's not going to happen with the likes of Danger, Menegola, Ablett and Kelly then he should have moved on to a place where he will make the midfield. He'll never be the player he was going to be if he doesn't get a midfield spot.

Cultural appropriation are the words that come to mind when I think about Cam Guthrie.

Seriously though, he's very serviceable as a footballer. Seems like a good guy to have around a footy club.

I've thought for the last few years that he's become a good footballer who occasionally reaches the next level but is too inconsistent to move there regularly. More than a solid contributor, but a fair way away from being elite. Still closer to a star than a spud though. I rate him, and think he'd be best 22 anywhere.

LOL none of these guys have followed him coz if they had, they would have seen him dish the ball out to team mates under more pressure than him time and again and again and again, etc, etc, etc ...so is that the role that yas expect him to play for the Cats?!?<_<

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was/is a very reliable small defender but Geelong seem determined to turn him into a midfielder. Turns it over + gets caught htb far too often when playing in the guts- spatial awareness is poor.
8/10 defender
5/10 midfielder
Interesting observation.
Some supporters feel that if he doesn't get to play as a mid, he'll be out.

He is scum. Will never forget him going after to Max Gawn after the siren went when Gawn missed in tound 1and started getting into him.

Proves and shows what an absolute campaigner of a person he is.

Lucky Gawn had the last laugh.

Hope karma bites him even harder this year.

Well just let it all out next time and tell us how you really feel.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back