The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was that a howler by Alisson? That was all on Milner and VVD. Milner slices it and VVD heads it back to Alisson with not enough power on the ball and at his feet. Short of taking Babel out, there wasn't really anything he could do.

Alisson does not attack it with much vigour. My reading is Alisson had a brain fart and forgot he is allowed to use his hands when the ball is headed back to him.

I actually don’t think VVD did much wrong. Maybe didn’t hit the header with enough power but Alisson still should have owned it and wiped Babel out in the process.

Robertson to miss the Scotland game with a dental problem

tenor.gif

Alisson does not attack it with much vigour. My reading is Alisson had a brain fart and forgot he is allowed to use his hands when the ball is headed back to him.

I actually don’t think VVD did much wrong. Maybe didn’t hit the header with enough power but Alisson still should have owned it and wiped Babel out in the process.
I agree with this. Wasn't Virgil also motioning to Alisson to come out to the ball and deal with it? Just felt like Alisson switched off a bit.

Been getting annoyed at the declining standards of The Echo. They've become very clickbaity in recent times. Nearly had a heart seizure when I saw this;

1552908308381.png

Choosing a photo with VVD at the centre of it along with the headline that mentions 'operation' seems to imply that our gun defender has a serious injury at the time we can afford it least.

Clearly the intention of the Echo was to make every Liverpool go "holy s**t! What's happened to Virg!" Click article. More eyeballs for the Echo to sell to advertisers.

As it turns out the article is about a dental procedure for Robertson who's not expected to miss any games. It's a bit dishonest and misleading.

Last edited:
Been getting annoyed at the declining standards of The Echo. They've become very clickbaity in recent times. Nearly had a heart seizure when I saw this;

View attachment 637247

Choosing a photo with VVD at the centre of it along with the headline that mentions 'operation' seems to imply that our gun defender has a serious injury at the time we can afford it least.

Clearly the intention of the Echo was to make every Liverpool go "holy s**t! What's happened to Virg!" Click article. More eyeballs for the Echo to sell to advertisers.

As it turns out the article is about a dental procedure for Robertson who's not expected any games. It's a bit dishonest and misleading.

They all do it these days. Part and parcel of the click frenzy. Just like TV...”more after these quick messages”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t particularly rate him but Origi has been a brilliant impact sub for us this season, I don’t get the criticism in this thread.

What other back up striker has done better than him in the last few months?
Origi adds something different on that left side.

I agree with this. Wasn't Virgil also motioning to Alisson to come out to the ball and deal with it? Just felt like Alisson switched off a bit.

Because of the spin on the ball and the close presence of Babel Allison didnt come rushing out which I am ok with. He could've collected the ball off VVD's header even if it was a little short.

Also it was a very unusual situation because of the high, spinning slice from Milner. Best thing to do IMO in those situations is to just launch the ball out of bounds. I doubt it will happen again.

Does anyone think we should go after a Mitrovic or Rondon type in the summer? Allows for something different off the bench and PL proven.

Does anyone think we should go after a Mitrovic or Rondon type in the summer? Allows for something different off the bench and PL proven.

Mitrovic didn't strike me as the hard working type from what I saw on the weekend, Klopp would expect him to press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back