AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Opening round in Mackay, pumped as! Looking forward to the Sea Eagles and Magpies going head to head.

My tips;

Sea Eagles to def Magpies
Saints to def Swans
Hawks to def Tigers

Tipping Sea Eagles to easily account for the Magpies, Saints and Swans to be the match of the round and the returning Tigers won't be able to match rivals Hawks who should in by 6+ goals.

Magpies to defeat Sea Eagles
Saints to defeat Swans
Hawks to defeat Bakers Creek

As for the previous two comments - Great platform to bag people using an alias. It happened to Barry Badcock last year and is a continuing blight on the reputation of some within the Mackay AFL league. Without most of these older fellas running around there would not be a reserve grade competition and this would directly impact most clubs. Have a look at the names and ages that represented clubs at the pre-season competition in Airlie Beach?

Magpies to defeat Sea Eagles
Saints to defeat Swans
Hawks to defeat Bakers Creek

As for the previous two comments - Great platform to bag people using an alias. It happened to Barry Badcock last year and is a continuing blight on the reputation of some within the Mackay AFL league. Without most of these older fellas running around there would not be a reserve grade competition and this would directly impact most clubs. Have a look at the names and ages that represented clubs at the pre-season competition in Airlie Beach?

Not sure who the previous two comments are talking about to be honest, ignore them if it sounds like they are having a crack. All about footy and just sharing my knowledge of various competitions across the State.

We have too many external competitors to compete against ourselves internally.

Looking like Saints and Swans in top spot. With Bakers and Magpies matching each other. The final 3 teams need some improving to match better teams. But great to see all 7 clubs back playing senior footy!

Anyone missing from the NQ squad that was announced today - some good names in this list!!

Dylan McCutcheon (Eastern Swans)
Cameron Hill (North Mackay)
Steven Pugh (North Mackay)
Aaron Thompson (Whitsunday)
Jarrod Watling (Mackay Magpies)
Nathan Peters (Mackay Magpies)
Connor Smith (Mackay Magpies)

Anyone missing from the NQ squad that was announced today - some good names in this list!!

Dylan McCutcheon (Eastern Swans)
Cameron Hill (North Mackay)
Steven Pugh (North Mackay)
Aaron Thompson (Whitsunday)
Jarrod Watling (Mackay Magpies)
Nathan Peters (Mackay Magpies)
Connor Smith (Mackay Magpies)
I can think of at least 10 players better than the 3 Magpies players selected. Guess it helps having your coach telling them to put you in.

With percentage of 842 and undefeated, can the Saints be stopped? The old cross-river rivalry would be a great match for AFL in Mackay and would bring out a massive crowd. Seems the Swans and Saints are the two stand out teams.

Anyone think Bakers Creek or Mackay Magpies can challenge for the flag?

With percentage of 842 and undefeated, can the Saints be stopped? The old cross-river rivalry would be a great match for AFL in Mackay and would bring out a massive crowd. Seems the Swans and Saints are the two stand out teams.

Anyone think Bakers Creek or Mackay Magpies can challenge for the flag?
I don’t think anyone believes that Mackay or Bakers can challenge. Swans are a chance to topple saints this week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything to take out of the weekends game Swans v Saints ? Seemed to have been a on sided affair. Did hear swans had a couple out and Saints didn’t really play at there best

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

13 goal second half, maybe the Saints are marching towards the 2019 flag. Not sure Swans were at full strength, 3 short on game day and looked like a few ring ins.

Anything much happening in this comp?
conversations have been quite for a few years, who coaching who , any recruits worth mentioning?

Anything much happening in this comp?
conversations have been quite for a few years, who coaching who , any recruits worth mentioning?

I know Moranbah are trying to get senior men's up an running, and Whitsunday are attempting to get a reserves team happening. Apart from that Etwell Park (Bakers) is getting a lighting upgrade. If the CQ Cup is still running in pre-season, it's probable that North Mackay (Mens) and Hawks (Women's) would probably be fodder for Yeppoon's teams (Capricornia premiers in both men's and women's), although I believe the men didn't play last year (Mackay's teams would get home advantage this time).

I know Moranbah are trying to get senior men's up an running, and Whitsunday are attempting to get a reserves team happening. Apart from that Etwell Park (Bakers) is getting a lighting upgrade. If the CQ Cup is still running in pre-season, it's probable that North Mackay (Mens) and Hawks (Women's) would probably be fodder for Yeppoon's teams (Capricornia premiers in both men's and women's), although I believe the men didn't play last year (Mackay's teams would get home advantage this time).
Bakers have waited along time for better lighting which is good for their growth, having the ability to play twilight/night games means you can schedule more games in that day which has many benefits.

Magpies & saints have new coaches & a former successful coach has returned to Whitsunday Eagles.
l'm hearing Moranbah wont field a senior team & may struggle to field a 17's team but Rnd 1 is still a few months away

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back