Bluemour Discussion Thread XV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in charge of our defensive 6 in 2017, then took over the mids last year, with all the injuries, yet many wanted him gone.

Would love for him to go back as a mids coach, very good operator

Leave him back, results are showing again with our backline, as they were when he was previously in control.

Improve the output from the other parts of the ground.

Opinions are like assholes, we all have one, i and a few others are one, but I’ll stick by my opinion. It ain’t working, it won’t work, we need a new system. Bolts IMO doesn’t have a Plan B.

And no, if we had beaten GCS, I’d be happy, but would still be calling for Bolton’s head. If you can’t see that our game plan is flawed, then I can’t help you. Again, it’s just my opinion. Some people should get one and voice it rather than sniping from behind a keyboard.

FWIW, I’ve met both MLG (my work function as a speaker) and SOS (Noosaville), and they’re the right people to have in place at our club.

Sam Walsh has progressed to French Vanilla by the way, but he’s still a bit vanilla.

LOB is my new target. Is he a wasted pick? - help me love the lad. I’m struggling.
It’s his second year, find a more appropriate target mate.
You sound like a nuftie, the ones “you have met” are good, the others must be the problem. 3 years later you meet BB in a cafe he says hello to you and tips the server and you come back here saying they should have given him more time, “he’s a top bloke”.

Opinions are like assholes, we all have one, i and a few others are one, but I’ll stick by my opinion. It ain’t working, it won’t work, we need a new system. Bolts IMO doesn’t have a Plan B.

And no, if we had beaten GCS, I’d be happy, but would still be calling for Bolton’s head. If you can’t see that our game plan is flawed, then I can’t help you. Again, it’s just my opinion. Some people should get one and voice it rather than sniping from behind a keyboard.

FWIW, I’ve met both MLG (my work function as a speaker) and SOS (Noosaville), and they’re the right people to have in place at our club.

Sam Walsh has progressed to French Vanilla by the way, but he’s still a bit vanilla.

LOB is my new target. Is he a wasted pick? - help me love the lad. I’m struggling.
You might just need a bit more patience

Lob probable needs 50 games before being judged imo..thrown in the deep end playing a role he's not accustomed too ..give me a break .

When a team has enough time together to get the Plan A working seamlessly for seasons on end a Plan B is a moot point.
What the hell is a plan B anyway, its pie in the sky theoretical nonsense is what I say.
Generally speaking through the history of the game a coach is only as good as the players and when they are basically a new group each year what hope is there to progress beyong finding the players and assembling them?

And your not sniping from behind a keyboard?..turn it up mate.....

Last edited:

We've all got opinions as you've pointed out, but this societal obsession with needing to "pick a side" on a subject, and then relentlessly pushing that position, is tiresome at best and irrevocably damaging at worst.

From the outside looking in, I agree that MLG and team including SOS are the right people to take our club forward. A key difference between our administration now compared to previous years (as I see it) is the measured, methodical and collective approach they take to decision making.

They've decided on Bolts, so I'll back him to the hilt until they decide he's not the coach for us - because unlike years gone by, I trust their judgement and their preparedness to make tough calls.

This "no plan B" stuff - it's the same thing we heard people banging on about with Ratten, and is far less applicable to Bolton on weight of evidence to date. There are multiple plans that are in motion throughout a game - dealing with everything from momentum swings and injury reshuffles to tactical tweaks, failed stoppage plans, exit lane blockages and guarded running channels... "No plan B" is IMO, as substantial an argumentative position as "I want it now"

Also... Why must we search for the next whipping boy when on evidence to date the club clearly have list analysis and talent reassessment covered? Instead, why not patiently allow the development cycle to run its course for these young men, and back them to succeed until they've proven absolutely that they won't make it? Again, trusting those who are in the decision making circles to make the right (tough) calls when the time comes.

Yeah yeah, "it's a footy forum for us to discuss our opinions," "if you don't like it don't read it", blah blah blah. I guess I am just passionate. Passionate about letting a strategic set of decisions and processes run their course before casting more stones at our poor club. A club that has taken too many overzealous and unjustified beatings from every direction for nearly 20 long years. How silly those of us are who think we should display some measured patience at this difficult time.

I guess, to borrow your own words: "if you can't see" the whole of club transformation we are in the middle of, and understand that there will significant ups and downs along the way until we reach the promised land, "then I can't help you"

We've all got opinions as you've pointed out, but this societal obsession with needing to "pick a side" on a subject, and then relentlessly pushing that position, is tiresome at best and irrevocably damaging at worst.

From the outside looking in, I agree that MLG and team including SOS are the right people to take our club forward. A key difference between our administration now compared to previous years (as I see it) is the measured, methodical and collective approach they take to decision making.

They've decided on Bolts, so I'll back him to the hilt until they decide he's not the coach for us - because unlike years gone by, I trust their judgement and their preparedness to make tough calls.

This "no plan B" stuff - it's the same thing we heard people banging on about with Ratten, and is far less applicable to Bolton on weight of evidence to date. There are multiple plans that are in motion throughout a game - dealing with everything from momentum swings and injury reshuffles to tactical tweaks, failed stoppage plans, exit lane blockages and guarded running channels... "No plan B" is IMO, as substantial an argumentative position as "I want it now"

Also... Why must we search for the next whipping boy when on evidence to date the club clearly have list analysis and talent reassessment covered? Instead, why not patiently allow the development cycle to run its course for these young men, and back them to succeed until they've proven absolutely that they won't make it? Again, trusting those who are in the decision making circles to make the right (tough) calls when the time comes.

Yeah yeah, "it's a footy forum for us to discuss our opinions," "if you don't like it don't read it", blah blah blah. I guess I am just passionate. Passionate about letting a strategic set of decisions and processes run their course before casting more stones at our poor club. A club that has taken too many overzealous and unjustified beatings from every direction for nearly 20 long years. How silly those of us are who think we should display some measured patience at this difficult time.

I guess, to borrow your own words: "if you can't see" the whole of club transformation we are in the middle of, and understand that there will significant ups and downs along the way until we reach the promised land, "then I can't help you"
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Really well said. Can't agree more.
You know there is a big difference between posting reasoned opposition to the nonsensical and being one of the I want it now so its not fair crowd.
Oh yes, I want it now also, but I can't have it. The difference is I understand why and can see ahead to the blue skies.
As opposed to a rant and trying to smash all the toys in the playpen.

Leave him back, results are showing again with our backline, as they were when he was previously in control.

Improve the output from the other parts of the ground.

Happy to leave Amos as our back"s coach, but that area was always going to be our best performed, given the experience and talent there

I rate him as a coach, would love to see him tackle the mids again, with the talent we have

Happy to leave Amos as our back"s coach, but that area was always going to be our best performed, given the experience and talent there

I rate him as a coach, would love to see him tackle the mids again, with the talent we have

Someone should have told Cam Bruce that last season..massive swing when Amos departed the backline fold & duly returned.

Tell us what you really think!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wondering if certain posters work in the media.

There are a few that only seem to show up when there is a complaint to be made or a criticism levelled, especially when it concerns the coach.

These posts tend to closely align in timing with criticism from the media that cites fans as being restless or rumblings about the club.

Coincidence or a concerted campaign when they need something to write about?

There are a few that only seem to show up when there is a complaint to be made or a criticism levelled, especially when it concerns the coach.

These posts tend to closely align in timing with criticism from the media that cites fans as being restless or rumblings about the club.

Then those posters you speak of joust here with the planted club “protectors” and you end up with the shithole we currently have here.
Winning is the only remedy to keep both sides in check unfortunately ...

Pretty sure it's just that some people don't form opinions, but rather are fed them via the media. See the crescendo of callback stupidity that built around the sacking of Ratten (after the media started going after him), or just the talk in the match thread about how Gibbons clogs up the forward line after David King said so on tv. Must be a million other examples

:star::star::star::star::star: POTY

All depends if you know his plan A

Will preface by saying I think this ‘whisper’ is bulls**t but if true it is disturbing.
More than bull.
Its an attempt to make people second guess themselves and others...because....

1. they dont care even if they destroy the club so long as they get their story.
2. they can see what is building and hate us so much they want to stop it.

I mean to say if there was any substance their would be tons of indicators as there always are in such situations. The most obvious one being a team getting thrashed. But there are none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back