Round 14 Trades: how can we win the weekly this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post your side

14 trades right now and only a handful of upgrades left is a pretty comfortable position I'd have thought
still so many issues though: Guthrie, Crisp, BSmith, Bray (not convinced he is back). I'll have to keep them all though if I want to get the uber premo mids like JKelly, Gaff, Taranto.
Plan for this week is:
Balta to Gardner via Burgess
Larkey to Macrae via Setters
Walsh to Gaff

1560775111066.png

still so many issues though: Guthrie, Crisp, BSmith, Bray (not convinced he is back). I'll have to keep them all though if I want to get the uber premo mids like JKelly, Gaff, Taranto.
Plan for this week is:
Balta to Gardner via Burgess
Larkey to Macrae via Setters
Walsh to Gaff

View attachment 694318
Ok, time for a learning curve here

Your biggest issue for mine has been your recent trade ins

Your midfield is far from done, yet you keep taking downgrade rookies in that position, thus making it hard to upgrade in that position as your rookie generation there is either being used in different positions, or you are making minimal downgrade cash and just grabbing rookies because they're playing (I fell in that trap with Robbie Young as I needed a downgrade option, he needs to go for me this week).

Taking Hind early instead of Clarke for example won't help you at all, Hind is an absolute spud scorer, Clarke would have provided some cash generation, even at a higher price

Trading Walsh imo will be a mistake right now, there's no way I'd want to field Baker or Bewley at M8 after the byes, yet you'll likely have to, they haven't made enough cash to be upgraded unfortunately.

Sorry to say, but I think there's no way you'll be able to grab all the mids you want and fix your backline, your cash generation simply isn't there, your likely quota on making upgrades in order to get rookies off field will be 3 trades now (2 down 1 up)

How much cash will you have leftover if you DPP Setterfield and Burgess forward for Balta and Larkey? I feel a couple of fallen premos would help here.

Your midfield is far from done, yet you keep taking downgrade rookies in that position, thus making it hard to upgrade in that position as your rookie generation there is either being used in different positions, or you are making minimal downgrade cash and just grabbing rookies because they're playing (I fell in that trap with Robbie Young as I needed a downgrade option, he needs to go for me this week).

Taking Hind early instead of Clarke for example won't help you at all, Hind is an absolute spud scorer, Clarke would have provided some cash generation, even at a higher price

Trading Walsh imo will be a mistake right now, there's no way I'd want to field Baker or Bewley at M8 after the byes, yet you'll likely have to, they haven't made enough cash to be upgraded unfortunately.

Sorry to say, but I think there's no way you'll be able to grab all the mids you want and fix your backline, your cash generation simply isn't there, your likely quota on making upgrades in order to get rookies off field will be 3 trades now (2 down 1 up)

How much cash will you have leftover if you DPP Setterfield and Burgess forward for Balta and Larkey? I feel a couple of fallen premos would help here.
appreciate the feedback!

yep Hind was a mistake, played a completely different role to what he was doing in the VFL (where he was scoring well).

If I make the trades I suggested (get in Gardner, Macrae and Gaff for Larkey, Balta and Walsh), it will leave me 58k in the bank.
But then the following round I can downgrade Hore (who would be on the bench after the byes) to Naish, which gives me the cash to turn Baker into a mid under 660k. Best options are Mrouch and Neale. So that means after the byes I won't be fielding a rookie at M8 anymore.

Side for the first round after byes would look like:

Lloyd Crisp Laird Guthrie BSmith Duurs (Naish, Gardner)

Gaff Brouch Sloane Macrae Rocky Brayspud Cogs Mrouch/Neale (Hind, Answerth, Bewley)

Grundy Gawn (Bines)

Danger Telly Boak Dunkley Billings Worpel (Setters, Burgess)

So only rookie on field would be Duurs which I am fine with, he is close enough to the 6th best defender I think. And 9 trades left. Think that's enough trades left for a couple of luxury moves like culling Guthrie if he spuds up after the bye and fielding Naish if he looks like he can deliver 80s. Or maybe trade Guthrie to Logue, who had an amazing role last week.

Probably go Rocky to gaff now and get Kelly next week.

Will prob have to roll with brayspud now.

My options this week are:

Clark (Gee) to Logue
Gibbons to Macrae
Setterfield to Billings

or

Gibbons to Clarke (Ess)
Setterfield to Billings
Clark to Stewart

Don't want to miss Clarke's money making, but then again prefer the Macrae option to Stewart Getting Logue after one game obviously risky.

First option completes mids and forwards (I'm including Westhoff here) with one rookie left in defence. Second option completes forwards and defence, with Clake or Baker on field for a few weeks.

Thinking first option and hoping Logue/Naish can get me by for a few weeks. Will have 11 trades left after this. I don't have Dunkley though, so could go Gibbons/Setters to Clarke/Dunkley, but prefer the one down two up option. Hopefully Westhoff to Dunkley late in the year if trades permit.

Thoughts on where I should go here?

Wait for houli and just got clarke to Naish next week?
Houli will be ripe in 1 to 2 weeks after his bye.

Or look at Hurn, stewart? Or others?
20190618_093301.jpg

My options this week are:

Clark (Gee) to Logue
Gibbons to Macrae
Setterfield to Billings

or

Gibbons to Clarke (Ess)
Setterfield to Billings
Clark to Stewart

Don't want to miss Clarke's money making, but then again prefer the Macrae option to Stewart Getting Logue after one game obviously risky.

First option completes mids and forwards (I'm including Westhoff here) with one rookie left in defence. Second option completes forwards and defence, with Clake or Baker on field for a few weeks.

Thinking first option and hoping Logue/Naish can get me by for a few weeks. Will have 11 trades left after this. I don't have Dunkley though, so could go Gibbons/Setters to Clarke/Dunkley, but prefer the one down two up option. Hopefully Westhoff to Dunkley late in the year if trades permit.

Setterfield has the best money making out of Clark and him.

Low be for a couple weeks.

Setterfield has the best money making out of Clark and him.

Low be for a couple weeks.

Yeah, realise that. I meant Clarke from Ess money making. Just seems Billings and Macrae are ready to come in, even if it means moving Setterfield on a bit early.

This game would be so much easier with hindsight. Or maybe foresight....but I'm not so good with that!

Yeah, realise that. I meant Clarke from Ess money making. Just seems Billings and Macrae are ready to come in, even if it means moving Setterfield on a bit early.

This game would be so much easier with hindsight. Or maybe foresight....but I'm not so good with that!
In that case, first option.

I'm in the same boat with Stewart but not sure he's worth the upgrade over hore and duursma for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For this reason I'm going budget upgrades. Injuries have destroyed my year.

I’m sure most are in the same boat with Rocky. Not sure whether we have missed the boat on trading him or do I just ride it out as I’ve held for this long. Either way, here’s my trades if I do consider trading him:

OUT: Rocky, Balta, Walsh
IN: Duncan, Stewart, Logue

Duursma/Stack M7/8
Hore D6
Fwd line complete with 106k in the bank. Thoughts?

Cheers!

I’m sure most are in the same boat with Rocky. Not sure whether we have missed the boat on trading him or do I just ride it out as I’ve held for this long. Either way, here’s my trades if I do consider trading him:

OUT: Rocky, Balta, Walsh
IN: Duncan, Stewart, Logue

Duursma/Stack M7/8
Hore D6
Fwd line complete with 106k in the bank. Thoughts?

Cheers!
how many trades do you have left? That will determine if you have the luxury to trade Rocky or if you just have to trade around Rocky

Side for the first round after byes would look like:

Lloyd Crisp Laird Guthrie BSmith Duurs (Naish, Gardner)

Gaff Brouch Sloane Macrae Rocky Brayspud Cogs Mrouch/Neale (Hind, Answerth, Bewley)

Grundy Gawn (Bines)

Danger Telly Boak Dunkley Billings Worpel (Setters, Burgess)

So only rookie on field would be Duurs which I am fine with, he is close enough to the 6th best defender I think. And 9 trades left. Think that's enough trades left for a couple of luxury moves like culling Guthrie if he spuds up after the bye and fielding Naish if he looks like he can deliver 80s. Or maybe trade Guthrie to Logue, who had an amazing role last week.
Duursma is currently ranked 28th for overall score and 40th for average. Hardly close to the best top 6 defender.

how many trades do you have left? That will determine if you have the luxury to trade Rocky or if you just have to trade around Rocky

These trades will bring me 9 trades remaining, basically 3 rookies left on field excluding Brodie Smith.

Duursma is currently ranked 28th for overall score and 40th for average. Hardly close to the best top 6 defender.
look at his recent form though
3 round average: ranked 9th best defender, but should be 7th since Logue and Rampe will drop out you would think
5 round average: ranked 16th best defender, but should be 15th since Logue will drop out you would think

Duurs has been killing it lately playing his wing role. I have more confidence in him than I do in Crisp and Guthrie right now.

Last edited:
These trades will bring me 9 trades remaining, basically 3 rookies left on field excluding Brodie Smith.
I don't think that's enough trades left to be sideways trading premos. Just keep Rocky this week, this is a better week to hold an injured premo compared to next week when all 22 players count. It sucks but should be better in the long term...I'm in the same position with Rocky

tossing up between

option1:
Hore -> Logue
Drew -> Boak (got him :D)

option2:
Drew -> Lipinski (470k, ave96 from 3 games)

even with Yeo & Rockliff OUT (i plan on keeping them), i still should have 19 players available

will probably go with option1

Duursma is holding D6 until Whitfield bottoms out.

Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back