Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha i've told myself I will not be listening to goddard or cornes in the morning. He didn't say what picks.
Goddard doesn't seem to know what he is talking about, seems to not have any historical or insider knowledge to draw on and isn't a particularly engaging speaker. The hour or so I listened offered nothing, in fact I felt dumber for listening. And that's really saying something!

I have a problem with this point.
People watch footy and you can throw up stats to prove a point but sometimes stats can be very misleading.
There are game breakers who don't need 30+ stats to make there mark in a game and there are accumulators that don't impact a game that much.
Oliver is a very good player and accumulates plenty of the ball but i don't believe he has the same impact on his possessions as say Cripps does.
If we’re limiting potential recruits to those who are as good as Cripps we may not be super active this trade period.

With all due respect SB, of course he's going to say that given that he drafted them.
spot on mate. bit silly to think he would suddenly say they were no good. Vested interest.....

On another note, we would probably throw MCgov down back before we traded him.

I actually think he will come good though, will be a player

The only way Oliver can come across is if someone on $500K+ goes. It seems we don't have cap space now.
1603703691593.png

We've got plenty. SOS said so today on Trade Radio. The salaries of Charlie and Cripps are likely already paid for the coming years due to pre-paying during the Bolton years.

You two need to take this to the new Thunderdome thread. Go on and challenge Brissy to respond :tearsofjoy: This has actually been quite amusing to follow.

I dont know why he keeps replying to my posts about SPS. He know's he going to get upset about what I have written. :laughing: :laughing: Its funny though:p

Oliver has absolutely requested to come to Carlton. News will only filter out if a deal can be done. Until then all parties will keep quiet about it.
Am still around HBF - enjoy reading these threads 😂

It is correct that C Oliver would like a new home at the Blues however a deal would be very difficult.

His Manager has both clubs but Melb will not likely let him go and will back themselves in to resettle him.

His Manager will not announce this to the public whilst a deal is unlikely to be achievable.

Lots of moving parts but club exploring all options.
Salary Cap Aside, we should be pulling out all stops to get this done. Oliver may very well change his mind before this contract ends and re-sign with Melb.
I would be offering 1 or 2 players on top of next year's first & second (or whatever pick is available). We need a big fish, we need a bullocking Mid to help Cripps out, and we need to start challenging for a flag now. We don't really have much time for players to develop. Trade who we can I say (any or a couple of O'Brien, Polson, Macreadie, Kennedy, Stocker, Moore.) A couple there I'd want to stay in Kennedy & Stocker but you have to offer something decent.

I would take Treloar for $600k a year but no more than that. Offer a late first/early second.

Not sure they'll take it but it'd be worth a gamble. Treloar is a proven gun and a very good person too. Would be a solid acquisition.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The other concern with Trelor is from what he said on 360 and what the media has said (presumably from talking to his manager) he really wants to stay at Collingwood.

So if he does go it won’t be because he wants to come to the club it will be because he accepts that he is no longer wanted at Collingwood, not the ideal way to have a player on the list you are paying $600-$700k to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, all of a sudden if you haven't set the world on fire by the age of 20 you're done.
In defence of the masses, (and I haven't proposed any transactions) there are limited ways to build a champion list. Richmond lost Butler (amongst others) and kept winning. Brisbane lost Headland (again amongst others) and won two more flags. And he was a pick 1! Imagine if we considered trading Walsh or Weibot?

All I am saying is that we can't bring players in and not lose others, especially given our list is improving and there are less obvious delistings. Got to consider all reasonable options.

Anyone that wants Treloar with only a 200k saving on his total contract isn’t quite right. The sort of contrast that ruins a run at it - eg like Saints are doing with Crouch. Wrong player, big money.

Treloar will apparently be on $900k so to have him for $700k a season is decent IMO...puts him between what we're paying Saad & Williams. My concern is the length of contract and question marks on his hamstrings.

In defence of the masses, (and I haven't proposed any transactions) there are limited ways to build a champion list. Richmond lost Butler (amongst others) and kept winning. Brisbane lost Headland (again amongst others) and won two more flags. And he was a pick 1! Imagine if we considered trading Walsh or Weibot?

All I am saying is that we can't bring players in and not lose others, especially given our list is improving and there are less obvious delistings. Got to consider all reasonable options.

I agree totally that if you are going to bring in an elite player you have to be prepared to lose someone you probably would prefer not to.

My post is more about wanting to get rid of young players like Dow who at 20 haven't established themselves yet.

Dow isn't someone who would at this stage satisfy a club like Melbourne, I'm talking about losing an established best 22 player, not a fringe player.

I agree totally that if you are going to bring in an elite player you have to be prepared to lose someone you probably would prefer not to.

My post is more about wanting to get rid of young players like Dow who at 20 haven't established themselves yet.

Dow isn't someone who would at this stage satisfy a club like Melbourne, I'm talking about losing an established best 22 player, not a fringe player.
Agreed. I'm just generalising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back