Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
Pick for Borlase and possibly Newchurch/Edwards?
Doubt they'll be going for Newchurch or Edwards. Think they'll hope at best Newchurch slides to the rookie draft.

Can still split 22 if you need the extra points, what they're concentrating on currently is two things. Getting as many picks as we can in the top part of the draft this year and increasing the depth of our picks for 2021.

Wow. Bizarre. 2021 2nd is a good get. BUT don't we need points in this years draft? Are we not going to take Newchurch or edwards?
You can pretty much guarantee we are giving up either 22 or 23 for Hately now as well.
Nope .....we're not offering #40 and then backtracking to #23 .....think we'll stick to #40, but there might be a sweetner

It is looking like we'll take only one, maybe two of the NGA's ......my best guess is, if Edwards gets bid on in the 2nd round we wouldn't match ......if that's the scenario, I doubt we'll nominate Edwards as a father/son

Doubt they'll be going for Newchurch or Edwards. Think they'll hope at best Newchurch slides to the rookie draft.

Can still split 22 if you need the extra points, what they're concentrating on currently is two things. Getting as many picks as we can in the top part of the draft this year and increasing the depth of our picks for 2021.
I concur with Mutineer .....Newchurch should be a Rookie pick, so no need to nominate him as a Father/son in the main Draft

Not only that, but we also have the option to move a 2021 3rd to get 2020 picks.

Absolutely, but to give an example to everyone..

If a bid for Borlase comes in at Pick 40 (429 points) , and we only have 50, 56 & 66

Then Pick 50 is worth 273 points, but we subtract the NGA/FS discount of 197 points from Pick 40 points and it becomes 232 points

Which means we actually receive some change, 41 points I think

Again, I really don't think any of them will attract earlier bids.

I haven't thought about the Melbourne pick swap yet but honestly in general they have been great for my enjoyment of the game and the AFL should do everything it can to encourage more of them.

I've been watching far more games I'd have little interest in just to hopefully see teams lose.

Even two teams who don't have our picks because we want one to finish above the team with our picks.

Makes the whole season more interesting.

Sounds like we approached them and they made us pay a little more. Worse case we just traded 33 and 50 for 31 and 67. Worse case is if Melbourne finish 6th. If that's the case I hope the 2 pick upgrade is worth it for downgrading pick 50 to 67.
Down grading to a pick we might not even use. the last time we used a pick south of pick 67 on a draftee was Ben Davis.

I concur with Mutineer .....Newchurch should be a Rookie pick, so no need to nominate him as a Father/son in the main Draft
I believe there's some sort of new rule that if a NGA player goes undrafted you can add them as a Cat B rookie? That might be where we hope we get super lucky with him and add him that way and off our main list.

I believe there's some sort of new rule that if a NGA player goes undrafted you can add them as a Cat B rookie? That might be where we hope we get super lucky with him and add him that way and off our main list.
Caroline thinks cat B won't exist next year

Setting us up for next year's talent laden draft....SA boys especially. Picks in the 2021 draft have far more value than the 2020 draft if we want to use it for a bartering tool for a proven player as well.
My POV is rubbish ......there's been no footy this year, so no Victorian U16's played .....how can anyone say with any truth that next years Draft will be strong, sight unseen

The club recruiters have already said, they're somewhat in the dark, not having seen the Vic U18's this year

We'll have a much better picture half way thru the U19 NAB Comp next year ......but not now

Lets assume Melb are 9th again ....with father /son (COLL) and Free Agency compo picks ....that Melb #28 could still be around this years pick at #31

So all we've done is traded back into an unknown Draft in 2021

EDIT: with predictions of only 50 picks in this Draft, our #50 may not have even been used, except for points

No issue with the pick swap, 33 at the point where this draft is going to get difficult with lack of exposure to Vic draftees. Next years 2nd round likely to be more flush and a reasonable chance the pick sits earlier than 33. Pick 50 unlikely to be a “live” pick for us.

I suspect we’ll hold on pick 40, Reid and Kelly ought to be shot if we give up 23.

I do wonder if we’ve got something else planned early, more than just the WB upgrade mooted.

Wow. Bizarre. 2021 2nd is a good get. BUT don't we need points in this years draft? Are we not going to take Newchurch or edwards?
You can pretty much guarantee we are giving up either 22 or 23 for Hately now as well.
Pick 40 and Demon's 2021 4th round pick? I could live with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No issue with the pick swap, 33 at the point where this draft is going to get difficult with lack of exposure to Vic draftees. Next years 2nd round likely to be more flush and a reasonable chance the pick sits earlier than 33. Pick 50 unlikely to be a “live” pick for us.

I suspect we’ll hold on pick 40, Reid and Kelly ought to be shot if we give up 23.

I do wonder if we’ve got something else planned early, more than just the WB upgrade mooted.
Almost a guarantee. Melbourne are a 7th-12th team IMO, so it would sit between 26-31.

I do, however, have a disappointing feeling we will hand over Melbourne's 2021 R2 pick to GWS for Hately. I'm on the Pick-40-or-PSD team.

Pick 1: McDonald
Pick 9:Archie Perkins
Pick 22: Powell
Pick 23: O'Driscoll/Poulter

Fingers crossed pick 40 will get the Hately deal done...

eddie ford at 22 please. looks absolutely amazing, fierce tackling, contested marking. Was in top 5 in futures game. Can play mid forward much like Holland’s. Check out his u tube highlights again and tell me I’m wrong

Doubt there’ll be any consideration of pick swaps with the Bulldogs until the clubs know what’s happening with Dunkley
Bulldogs have already said they won't consider moving #14 until just B4 the Draft ...even holding till "live trading" on Draft night

I doubt the latter happens .....but it maybe another 2-3 weeks B4 we find out

My POV is rubbish ......there's been no footy this year, so no Victorian U16's played .....how can anyone say with any truth that next years Draft will be strong, sight unseen

The club recruiters have already said, they're somewhat in the dark, not having seen the Vic U18's this year

We'll have a much better picture half way thru the U19 NAB Comp next year ......but not now

Lets assume Melb are 9th again ....with father /son (COLL) and Free Agency compo picks ....that Melb #28 could still be around this years pick at #31

So all we've done is traded back into an unknown Draft in 2021
Well I disagree....just off the top of my head and you can bet I've missed quite a few

Josh Sinn, Jason Horne, Matty Roberts, Arlo Draper, Josh Rachele, Tyler Sonsie, Josh Rentsch, Nick Daicos, Sam Banks, Ben Hobbs, Campbell Chesser, Matthew Dsintriansky, Sam Breuer, Cooper Murley, Alex Lucic, Charlie Molan, Lewis Rayson, Isiaih Dudley, Jase Burgoyne, Blayne O'Loughlin, Judd McVee, Cooper Beecken, Isaac Birt, Youseph Dib etc etc. Let's see how many of this list aren't on an AFL list in 2022.

Not a bad deal
We could improve upto ten places in a strong draft

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
Many clubs believe that outside the first 25 - 30 picks this years draft is a lottery.... a significant portion of this years draft pool have not played footy in 2020

This years draft will be one of the smallest in history, this will make 2021 draft evwn stronger and it will be less compromised

Im ok with building picks for 2021

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back