List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about the draft and thought that Horne might not be the best, maybe not even top 5 on talent. He has been talked about for 2 years now but that could be because no Vice kids have had a full season. Look at Ben Hobbs, he looks a star but in turns of exposure, he’s just getting it now. We may end up with Horne or anyone else but I think there could be some real finds in this draft. We should be able to get at least 2 top midfielders

I was wondering about the draft and thought that Horne might not be the best, maybe not even top 5 on talent. He has been talked about for 2 years now but that could be because no Vice kids have had a full season. Look at Ben Hobbs, he looks a star but in turns of exposure, he’s just getting it now. We may end up with Horne or anyone else but I think there could be some real finds in this draft. We should be able to get at least 2 top midfielders
It's not impossible. If the championships go ahead and he was a quiet one, he could be passed. It seems unlikely at this stage, but as you say, with more exposure some Vic kids could jump up more.

Surprised to see that Josh Rachele has slipped to the mid-late teens in several power rankings. Has looked amazing from what I've seen. Would love to move our second rounder up on draft night if he was in that range.

Rachele is at 5 in KM's ranking. Also of note he has Horne at 2 and list him as playing like Jarryd Lyons...so does that mean the club would not want him ;)

Roberts still at 4 - It is looking like our 1st will be right in that hitting zone if we finish bottom 3

The only similarities between Horne and Lyons is they're both midfielders. He's generally pretty good but does have some weird reasoning at times.
Strange comparison, Horne is a fair bit more athletically gifted than Jarryd Lyons on everything I've seen.

Rachele is at 5 in KM's ranking. Also of note he has Horne at 2 and list him as playing like Jarryd Lyons...so does that mean the club would not want him ;)

Roberts still at 4 - It is looking like our 1st will be right in that hitting zone if we finish bottom 3
Did I miss Campbell Chesser and Josh Gibcus' name in his top 20?

Any of those top 10 mids look like they would be an awesome addition to our midfield.

Any of those top 10 mids look like they would be an awesome addition to our midfield.
There's one mid outside their top 10 currently I think will continue to climb given his size, outstanding athletic profile and ball winning ability Josh Goater, looks every bit a top 10 mid in my opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's one mid outside their top 10 currently I think will continue to climb given his size, outstanding athletic profile and ball winning ability Josh Goater, looks every bit a top 10 mid in my opinion
So assuming Horne is gone, which out of Callaghan, Sonsie, Sinn, Roberts, Chesser, Hobbs and/or Goater would you happily take with our first? Who would you avoid?

So assuming Horne is gone, which out of Callaghan, Sonsie, Sinn, Roberts, Chesser, Hobbs and/or Goater would you happily take with our first? Who would you avoid?
Sinn would be my least preferred of those named, Callaghan I want to see more of re the contested stuff before I'd commit fully.

Roberts being a local and you'd think with little want away has to be factored in but Chesser and Goater with points of difference from what we already have interest me the most at this time so I'll be watching their progress closely. Ben Hobbs IMO is the safest pick of the lot as you could put your money on him being a 200 game player with his innate ball winning ability and aggressive attack on the contest also now proving his outside game is on the up and with that has come his hitting the scoreboard regularly.

Sinn would be my least preferred of those named, Callaghan I want to see more of re the contested stuff before I'd commit fully.

Roberts being a local and you'd think with little want away has to be factored in but Chesser and Goater with points of difference from what we already have interest me the most at this time so I'll be watching their progress closely. Ben Hobbs IMO is the safest pick of the lot as you could put your money on him being a 200 game player with his innate ball winning ability and aggressive attack on the contest also now proving his outside game is on the up and with that has come his hitting the scoreboard regularly.

One of those draft write ups says Hobbs is slow. For that alone I want us to leave him alone. If we got another trade down offer like the McAsey deal then sure. Roberts looks good.

One of those draft write ups says Hobbs is slow. For that alone I want us to leave him alone. If we got another trade down offer like the McAsey deal then sure. Roberts looks good.
Maybe watch him play yourself to pass an informed opinion?

He ain't lightning but he's not what I'd class as slow and has no difficulty whatsoever getting to contests for a full game and most importantly he's a two way runner and lacking nothing defensively.

Last edited:

He ain't lightning but he's not what I'd class as slow and has no difficulty whatsoever getting to contests for a full game and most importantly he's a two way runner and lacking nothing defensively.

I don’t find watching those games interesting. So no, won’t be doing that.

I like reading comments from people that do though. Knightmares and draft central’s. Yours too.

But based on your love of Matt Crouch, we clearly have different ideas on certain areas. I feel that Matt is too slow. Absolute quality ball winner, but just too slow. I feel like he slows down our play and that affects our entire game plan.

I wouldn’t want us to spend a top 3 or 4 pick on a player with Matt’s speed.
If Hobbs’s speed is being pointed out then it rings alarm bells.

No slower than Roberts ?

also love to know anyone’s opinion of Erasmus from WA who has seen him

Not sure if there are two players more unalike than Horne and Jarryd Lyons. What a weird comparison.

(Maybe NicNat and Mark McGough?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back