Past 40. Michael Gibbons

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Gibbo gets a rookie spot at North or possibly the Suns. If played as a pure mid could be ok. Good enough to be on an AFL list IMHO and wish him well. Clubs lose players who turn up elsewhere and do well - it happens

Wow, pretty much read my mind, didn't see your post before my I posted my latest one:)

Well, Murphy and Betts shouldn't have been on the list, and now they're not.

Never claimed Cerra was depth?

Covered in most aspects?
Looks pretty line-ball.

Cerra

Don't need to send me the link Stamos, surely you should know that I am already aware of the stats, had Fog covered in most measure.

So your claim is false, Gibbo wasn't stopping Honey from playing considering others were underperforming

Cerra

Don't need to send me the link Stamos, surely you should know that I am already aware of the stats, had Fog covered in most measure.

So your claim is false, Gibbo wasn't stopping Honey from playing considering others were underperforming

You think that post is me claiming that Cerra is a depth player?
Well, that explains everything.

You think that post is me claiming that Cerra is a depth player?
Well, that explains everything.

You don't need to explain anything

The penny will drop soon enough.

Your claim that Gibbo was keeping Honey out, instead of Fog, Murphy, Betts is absurd

Like your claim that Newman should have made way for Willo, and so on

Keep trying to protect the list spots of the youth, the rest of us will focus on enjoying us winning games with players of all ages

Headlines today as Carlton supporters and players continue the premiership party after the club's epic win over arch-rival Essendon on Saturday.

Meanwhile.....

Stamos & Arrow

1633922988595.png

Fog did have that starring game against Freo early in the year - he'll want to have a huge pre season since he faded out dramatically as the season wore on.

I dont mind Fog either. He does all the basics well enough and I think his kicking issues are overplayed. He and Gibbo are a genuine 50/50 for mine. One had a contract and one didn’t.

FWIW I don’t see either in the best 22 long term. Both would be great depth for a contending side and I actually think that’s where Gibbons will ultimately find himself. Could see GWS taking a punt.

Had his moments; I felt like he drifted out of games at times. Would of liked to have seen how he would of progressed under Voss and thought he would at least provide depth. Best of Luck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those comments were silly by Gibbo.

The AFL is a very tight industry. He has now given any club looking at him serious cause for concern. He may be right, but you don't say it.

Only superstars can get away with speaking freely. Something the corporate world and the AFL have in common.

The AFL is a very tight industry. He has now given any club looking at him serious cause for concern. He may be right, but you don't say it.

Only superstars can get away with speaking freely. Something the corporate world and the AFL have in common.

Absolutely got no issue with Gibbo and his brutally honest comments.. If he felt he was not treated fairly during his time at the club, he has every right to express those views

Absolutely got no issue with Gibbo and his brutally honest comments.. If he felt he was not treated fairly during his time at the club, he has every right to express those views

personally I have zero issue with what he says.

But I understand corporate culture (and the AFL is the same) - it won't be well received.

It would make me more likely to hire him. But I am odd. I surround myself with staff who disagree with me

what tosh - bloke says a few harmless words and you make it sound like a gangland drive-by.............

It is simple really. Does he have the traits of a top 8 defensive forward? No. Does he have the traits of a top 8 midfielder? No.

Are we considering ourselves for a top 8 push? yes.

He doesn’t fit and is out of contract.

Good bloke who tried hard. I liked the fact he got pissed off on the way out. Probably something to do with LoB not going before him who played one decent game.

Carlton are obsessed with athletes who have no idea how to play footy. How Cottrell is still on the list for now while Gibbo is delisted is beyond me.

Seems like most disagree but I would not have delisted Gibbons. He is not in my starting 22 bit he certainly provides quality depth. He can geniuenely make an impact in the afl as a crafty forward half role player. He'll never be an A grade gun but he still has a lot to offer.

One more year, base wage, what's there to lose?

Likewise I have him well above Owies.

Carlton are obsessed with athletes who have no idea how to play footy. How Cottrell is still on the list for now while Gibbo is delisted is beyond me.

Seems like most disagree but I would not have delisted Gibbons. He is not in my starting 22 bit he certainly provides quality depth. He can geniuenely make an impact in the afl as a crafty forward half role player. He'll never be an A grade gun but he still has a lot to offer.

I personally believe both Gibbons and Cottrel should be delisted. Fighting over order is fair enough. Neither is finals worthy.

We needed space on the Primary List. Effectively meant Gibbons or LOB, and they chose to keep LOB (for now). Haven't finished with cuts to the Rookie list, will see 2-3 more. Cottrell, Boyd, Parks most likely at risk.

Pretty simple how and why things have transpired

Still creating list spots after adding 3 players and needing 3 picks in the draft.

Gibbo got cut because he was OOC, while other underperforming players are either on the rookie list, or are contracted

Anyone that could possibly suggest otherwise, would struggle to make a viable factual case

Remove this Banner Ad

Back