Review 2023 National Draft Review Thread II [McKercher, Z.Duursma, Goad, W.Dawson, Hardeman, Maley]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bpryh1OIUAAs4ch.jpg

Here's how I believe/hope the top ten will go at the draft.

#1 - Harley Reid - West Coast Eagles
#2 - Jed Walter - Gold Coast Suns (matched bid, NMFC)
#3 - Colby McKercher - North Melbourne
#4 - Dan Curtin - North Melbourne
#5 - Zane Duursma - Hawthorn
#6 - Nick Watson - Western Bulldogs
#7 - Ryley Sanders - Melbourne Demons
#8 - Ethan Read - Gold Coast Suns (matched bid, GWS)
#9 - Nate Caddy - GWS
#10 - Connor O'Sullivan - Geelong

Going against the McKercher/Duursma grain at #2 and #3.

Can we expect any future wheeling and dealing from * considering how Zane has said it would be a dream to play with his brother and how much they want him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’ll have the most immediate impact as he would be fitter than most of our list.

I like McKercher (just pointing this out again because there are some who seem to think I don't rate him, which isn't the case).

My problem is I really like LDU, Wardlaw, and Simpkin as our core midfield too. Who of those three does McKercher replace, because it's not really as if any of those three can play a HF/HB type role. They're all pure midfielders.

I like McKercher (just pointing this out again because there are some who seem to think I don't rate him, which isn't the case).

My problem is I really like LDU, Wardlaw, and Simpkin as our core midfield too. Who of those three does McKercher replace, because it's not really as if any of those three can play a HF/HB type role. They're all pure midfielders.
He’d take Phillips/Powell spot as the 4th/5th mid as neither of them are fit enough.

Champion Data says: Mahony was third-highest rated player at the 2019 NAB AFL Under 18 Championships, as he led the competition for both score involvements and score assists.

This is different to 'Supercoach points'. They've got a few different analytical methods but the one that Mahoney scored well in certainly wasn't their usual ranking points (which is what Supercoach uses).

He was good but certainly not top 3 in the Supercoach-style ranking points.

Strong word in WA that Clarko very keen on Curtin and Ryan Daniels believes he will be at North.

IF true, wonder who we take out of Kerch and duursma?

I'm going to hazard a guess that Rhino and Xavier have less than NFI about our draft intent.

I've just looked at the top 3 guys from that draft and their average at the Under 18 champs
Rowell averaged 133
Anderson 107
Jackson 110

So just looking at the top 3 blokes, this information is not correct based on traditional 'supercoach' CD ranking points.

I'm assuming what those numbers are based on is his CD points ranking relative to others who played as a small forward which is not a very useful ranking considering the varied roles a small forward can have.

He’d take Phillips/Powell spot as the 4th/5th mid as neither of them are fit enough.

You want to use pick 2 on a player who, by your own admission, would be our 4th or 5th best option at his position?

All of LDU/Simpkin/Wardlaw are young, man. They're not going anywhere for the next 5 years~. That's a premium investement to make into a position where we are already deep.

I've just looked at the top 3 guys from that draft and their average at the Under 18 champs
Rowell averaged 133
Anderson 107
Jackson 110

So just looking at the top 3 blokes, this information is not correct based on traditional 'supercoach' CD ranking points.
1700180694082.png
He averaged 106 at the Champs and 114 in U18’s.

Bottom line is that the numbers count for shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back