Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume the club will put together a best bits video of today's Livestream.

A lot of hats made it a bit difficult to spot guys if you couldn't see the number.

There was a 36 running around so perhaps Gallagher was wearing it because last I checked we didn't have a player in that number.
Yes, 18,36,39, and 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything, are unoccupied.

Burgo’s interview after the session almost suggested we are so fit we might not even need to train the house down. Exhilarating if true.

From article:
“This is the shortest pre-season I’ve ever been part of,” Burgess said.

“What it does mean is that off-season becomes really important and the guys have ticked that box.

“It means before we might do 70 per cent footy, 30 per cent running, but that might just ramp up a bit with more footy and less running because the guys are showing they’ve come back in good shape and we don’t have a lot of time.”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Smart

Not ideal to train the house down in the middle of a housing crisis

To those that rubbished the suggestion...V

cleanhands

THRILLTHORPE​

This looms as the most important pre-season of Riley Thilthorpe’s young career so far.

And, while it is early days, it looks like the former No. 2 pick is rising to the challenge.

The 21-year-old looked in ripping shape at West Lakes on Monday and moved extremely well on day one of pre-season.

He ended the 2023 campaign out of form and Burgess said the Crows had changed how the 202cm forward/ruck had approached his off-season.

Thilthorpe himself looked to be thrilled with how he was travelling, with a nice snap for a goal celebrated passionately.

“He looks like he has taken his off-season to another level Riley, he has done a few different things this off-season and I think they are going to pay off for him,” Burgess said.

“Normally what Riley does he just goes and runs, and runs, and runs because that is his weapon but we have just shortened it up a little bit and thrown in a bit of boxing and some other things.

“Riley knows that his ticket to where we all want him to go to is through hard work and truly there is nobody that works harder than him.

“So I’m really confident he will attack the pre-season really well.”
Love to read this. If TT get improve his core strength and put on some bulk he should be able to compete better in the 1 on 1 marking contests. His strength is his leap and mark, but when he is against a more physical opponent he often gets out muscled and pushed under the ball or blocked from using his leap. If he can start to use his size to push his opponent out of the way he will get a lot more marks up forward and build his confidence.

So which 3 players didn't hit PBs? Have to be pretty gutted

Sloane would have to be one unless his gopher hit full speed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cleanhands

THRILLTHORPE​

This looms as the most important pre-season of Riley Thilthorpe’s young career so far.

And, while it is early days, it looks like the former No. 2 pick is rising to the challenge.

The 21-year-old looked in ripping shape at West Lakes on Monday and moved extremely well on day one of pre-season.

He ended the 2023 campaign out of form and Burgess said the Crows had changed how the 202cm forward/ruck had approached his off-season.

Thilthorpe himself looked to be thrilled with how he was travelling, with a nice snap for a goal celebrated passionately.

“He looks like he has taken his off-season to another level Riley, he has done a few different things this off-season and I think they are going to pay off for him,” Burgess said.

“Normally what Riley does he just goes and runs, and runs, and runs because that is his weapon but we have just shortened it up a little bit and thrown in a bit of boxing and some other things.

“Riley knows that his ticket to where we all want him to go to is through hard work and truly there is nobody that works harder than him.

Jeez yeah he looks good!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

cleanhands

THRILLTHORPE​

This genuinely excites the bejeebus out of me

Interesting to see the shape of the new draftees. Remember when they would all arrive looking like drinks of water? Now they've got guns - and don't lok at all out place.

I'm sure, if the Club knew they were getting Curtin, they would have traded Himmelberg .....poor Elliot would be feeling like this could be a wasted year ......depending on how Elliot responds, may influence whether GWS lose interest
Not really as we don't have a backup forward/ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back