Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

This whole thing is just weird. Either it's a police matter first and foremost or it's nothing.

I wouldn't think there'd be too many people walking around able to say that they have never sent a text message or never said something to someone they regret or would take back if they had their time again.

This whole thing is just weird. Either it's a police matter first and foremost or it's nothing.

I wouldn't think there'd be too many people walking around able to say that they have never sent a text message or never said something to someone they regret or would take back if they had their time again.
Looking at that Ralph article it looks like the AFL are looking at any breaches of the AFL Respect and Responsibility Code. Not sure what sanctions can be imposed for any breaches.

Might have to do some targeted property searches in the greater Geelong area.

Essendon's business relationships with players and cotorie members.

Look, I'm not going to go in to bat for the AFL, but I've read this how many times in the last few pages. It's plain crap

There's dozens of examples of issues not being a police matter but having a direct affect on a persons employment. There's heaps of examples of someone going viral for the wrong reason and instantly being sacked.

Some English soccer fans who taunted the death of a young fan from the opposition springs to mind this year. They went viral in the UK press and were instantly sacked from their job when they were identified.

If someone posts racists comments on their socials and an employer discovers them, etc.

It's nowhere near as cut and dry as "if it's not a police matter, jog on"

If a member of the public comes to you about the behavior of one of your employees, you generally take it seriously. That's not only contained to the AFL.

Whilst everyone is right to wait until further information comes out, it works both ways, how about we wait until we find out what he's actually done before proclaiming him a victim of misjustice, huh?

Look, I'm not going to go in to bat for the AFL, but I've read this how many times in the last few pages. It's plain crap

There's dozens of examples of issues not being a police matter but having a direct affect on a persons employment. There's heaps of examples of someone going viral for the wrong reason and instantly being sacked.

Some English soccer fans who taunted the death of a young fan from the opposition springs to mind this year. They went viral in the UK press and were instantly sacked from their job.

If someone posts racists comments on their socials and an employer discovers them, etc.

It's nowhere near as cut and dry as "if it's not a police matter, jog on"

If a member of the public comes to you about the behavior of one of your employee's, you generally take it seriously. That's not only the AFL.
This is the point though.

None of what TT has allegedly said (in this particular circumstance) is in the public domain.

They’re making s**t up as they go.

This is the point though.

None of what TT has allegedly said (in this particular circumstance) is in the public domain.

They’re making s**t up as they go.

Completely irrelevant.

If an employee of most major companies acts like a complete campaigner, weather public or private and is reported, they would be investigated in exactly the same way.

Now lets just wait and see what he's done.

The fact he's been told to go away and complete behavioral courses to clean up his act by his employer multiple times in the last 12 months seems to be completely lost on everyone in here when reported for more bad behavior.

It's proper risk management by the AFL. If he comes out and bashes his next girlfriend or makes geniune threats to harm someone, it's not going to go down well with the general public, their sponsors etc is it?

At some point, he might simply be cut lose for bad behavior and deemed to much of a risk to the AFL and the clubs commercial interests. We aren't there yet, but I imagine we would be close.

This might be the straw that breaks the camels back for North and Tarryn though, if he does remain in the AFL.

Last edited:
Completely irrelevant.

If an employee of most major companies acts like a complete campaigner, weather public or private and is reported, they would be investigated in exactly the same way.

Now lets just wait and see what he's done.

The fact he's been told to go away and complete behavioral courses to clean up his act by his employer multiple times in the last 12 months seems to be completely lost on everyone in here when reported for more bad behavior.

It's proper risk management by the AFL. If he comes out and bashes his next girlfriend or makes geniune threats to harm someone, it's not going to go down well with the general public, their sponsors etc is it?

At some point, he might simply be cut lose for bad behavior and deemed to much of a risk to the AFL and the clubs commercial interests. We aren't there yet, but I imagine we would be close.

This might be the straw that breaks the camels back for North and Tarryn though, if he does remain in the AFL.
Jordan DeGoey sexually assaulted someone, and he’s still playing. He also has a laundry list of bad behaviour going back a number of years.

Clayton Oliver is an absolute menace off field with his behaviour.

Bailey Smith was captured racking lines of coke but it’s all good because of mental health.

TT said some nasty things in a text message and he’s looking at being cut loose?

It’s not logical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordan DeGoey sexually assaulted someone, and he’s still playing. He also has a laundry list of bad behaviour going back a number of years.

Clayton Oliver is an absolute menace off field with his behaviour.

Bailey Smith was captured racking lines of coke but it’s all good because of mental health.

TT said some nasty things in a text message and he’s looking at being cut loose?

It’s not logical.

None of which was proven against De Goey in court.

Just as none of the more serious charges against Tarryn were proven.

The stench of domestic and family violence is a hell of a lot more serious than personal recreational drug use.

The stench of domestic and family violence is a hell of a lot more serious than personal recreational drug use.
The charge was dropped in a plea deal to a lesser charge. The act of a guilty man.

It’s clear TT is a very immature person, childish even but that doesn’t mean he should be dragged through the ringer with a flawed process, which shouldn’t be known publicly based on a report of non criminal behaviour through an online reporting portal.

If a member of the public comes to you about the behavior of one of your employees, you generally take it seriously. That's not only contained to the AFL.

If the ex partner of one your employees comes to you whinging about their break up you suddenly stand them down and "investigate" lol?

"Stench".

You mean bullshit anonymous crap in a racist newspaper, then some white woman's tears sooking that - shock horror - a footy player she met in a nightclub didn't treat her like a princess.

Only stench here is that of racism (from the AFL and Hun rather than yourself, to be clear).

The part of that story that blows my mind is the "Roos in the dark as to the nature and severity of the allegations"

Sooo is TT not allowed to tell us ?
Did we not ask ?
Does he not want too ?
Manager advised him not too ?

How can that be possible ??

Club has asked him to stay away from a complaint made via an online form and the club doesn't even know what that complaint is.

s**t show.

The part of that story that blows my mind is the "Roos in the dark as to the nature and severity of the allegations"

Sooo is TT not allowed to tell us ?
Did we not ask ?
Does he not want too ?
Manager advised him not too ?

How can that be possible ??

Club has asked him to stay away from a complaint made via an online form and the club doesn't even know what that complaint is.

s**t show.
It’s probably easier/smarter for us to say we don’t know anything about it at this stage. Just supporting the player and the process. Then we can’t answer any questions or make any commitments etc.

Whatever the allegations are / were the AFL will need to go back to the person that made the allegations with a response and who knows what reaction that will incur - including further detail or more allegations.

It’s a messy business

It’s probably easier/smarter for us to say we don’t know anything about it at this stage. Just supporting the player and the process. Then we can’t answer any questions or make any commitments etc.

Whatever the allegations are / were the AFL will need to go back to the person that made the allegations with a response and who knows what reaction that will incur - including further detail or more allegations.

It’s a messy business
The old ‘plausible deniability’.

I can understand people's frustrations, but like Sphynx, I'm not sure what the AFL has done wrong (in this case).

A complaint has been lodged under an AFL policy (which is endorsed by both the AFLPA and individual player's themselves, via their contracts), and those matters have been put in confidence (as they should be) to the individual for a response.

the fact nobody on the outside knows what's going on (incl Ralph) is a sign that the process is working properly, not the reverse

Absolute sh!t shown, embarrassing actually. We are talking about the AFL so no surprise there, how long can they drag this in for.

If the ex partner of one your employees comes to you whinging about their break up you suddenly stand them down and "investigate" lol?

You know that's the case do you?

If a ex-partner of one of my employees comes to me and tells me they are threatening them, physically abusing them etc.

I would take it seriously, yes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back