Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless of Tarryn's outcome, what is the reason Marlion Pickett isn't being stood down pending trial, under AFL investigation or being discussed for deregistration?

Is it as simple as an outright criminal matter is out of AFL (and the suddenly ethical media it seems) hands, but questionable conduct around the edges allows the AFL and media carte Blanche should they choose?

I think it has a lot to do with what jumper you wear lol

I just watched the ABC news and they said he's facing a 12 week ban.

The AFL just need to close this so all parties can move on.
Might be 12 on top of time served. Not sure whether these suspensions mean weeks away from the club or games. Whichever, he will not play for us again.

Again, without going through the past 10+ pages and listening to pointless SEN, wtf did TT do to get 18 week ban?

We know soooo many players that have done some ****ed up s**t and got a slap on the wrist is this to send a message?

It must have been so bad, I am hearing or reading that it wasn’t even with the cops or been reported? Wtf? 😬

He is going to be an absolute star, and unfortunately he will probably go somewhere else and do it there (Degoey etc)
This seems to be the main point of conjecture regarding commentary of the issue, there is nothing official in the public domain, just speculation. and from that no one can conclude any sentence is fair unless they know the details. I suspect Morris doesn't as well.

Sending your ex nasty text messages is a form of DV, and DV is a criminal act. Blocking his phone number could have been a way to go but she opted to go to the AFL instead.
Everything after the first full stop is not relevant if he doesn't send the messages...

You know we could come out with the message that we are committed to helping TT become a better person whilst as a footballer and for life after football rather than just kicking him to the curb to eventually be picked up by another club...

A statement like that in my mind would be consistent with a club with a strong culture.

Well he shouldn't have signed a contract with the AFL then if he didn't want his conduct outside of work hours to impact his employment.

He's a public facing employee for an employer that markets to every demographic, works prolifically with women and children, and gets oooooodles of government money. He's not some unknown construction worker or something.
But this isn’t a public accusation. It’s a personal matter between two individuals.

If it was a public accusation then everyone would know exactly what he has done.

I’m not saying the guy isn’t a massive tool. But if the AFL is going to pull up every domestic dispute an AFL player has with a partner, then prepare for a spate of 18 week suspensions.

If there has been a threat of violence or harm to the complainant then I find it hard to believe that the police aren’t involved.

If he has used some choice words over text that are private texts between the two individuals, are we really ending careers over that?

Why aren’t the AFL players who were sending dick pics suspended if we are going to that level?

I don’t know what the guy has done, but the complainant obviously has not felt threatened enough to involve the police, and high means we are potentially suspending someone for being nothing more than a major douchebag.

Could it be that the AFL urged the victim to come directly to them after the first TT indiscretion? Would explain why she’s gone to them as opposed to the police. We know the AFL prefer to keep these matters in house so they can control the narrative.

But just in case he has really done something awful, how would one go about changing their big footy username?

… asking for a friend 🤣

You know we could come out with the message that we are committed to helping TT become a better person whilst as a footballer and for life after football rather than just kicking him to the curb to eventually be picked up by another club...

A statement like that in my mind would be consistent with a club with a strong culture.

We did that last time. Every time we go out to bat for this bloke, he acts like a dickhead again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know people in their 50s that don't know the difference between right and wrong.
probably about a dozen or so examples in this thread alone

Too many chances already, IMO.

It hurts to say because I love watching him play footy, but I think we've reached the point where we cut our losses and move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back