Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

I had to calmly turn off the radio tonight …corn and Gerard were back to blaming the club for selecting TT and Polec in the same draft handing over pick 12 which was butters….the vibe was along the lines of what a bunch of morons …look at where Polec and TT are at the moment when they could have had Butters……ect ect … blah blah…
Then in next convo praising the sweeping changes B Scott has brought into Essendon and his new assistant coaches….to which Gerard explained he gets a free hit in the next few years from “them“ as he’s “rebuilding With his new team”.
Thats where l turned off and thought…..gee l wonder what FW was coach and his so called team that signed off on these drafting disasters that they keep referring too…oh yeah most are at the Dons which you just praised up not more than 5 seconds ago…..
Hypocrites…….

I had to calmly turn off the radio tonight …corn and Gerard were back to blaming the club for selecting TT and Polec in the same draft handing over pick 12 which was butters….the vibe was along the lines of what a bunch of morons …look at where Polec and TT are at the moment when they could have had Butters……ect ect … blah blah…
Then in next convo praising the sweeping changes B Scott has brought into Essendon and his new assistant coaches….to which Gerard explained he gets a free hit in the next few years from “them“ as he’s “rebuilding With his new team”.
Thats where l turned off and thought…..gee l wonder what FW was coach and his so called team that signed off on these drafting disasters that they keep referring too…oh yeah most are at the Dons which you just praised up not more than 5 seconds ago…..
Hypocrites…….

Yes it's a cross against al clarko for picking up Polec, wtf was he thinking

Seriously he is facing 18 weeks for telling someone via text if you * me over, I’ll * you over?
Pretty much. It is obvious he is just talking smack. Yes, it's stupid and immature, but thats as far as it appears to be. I ahve no doubt his ex is as toxic and immature as he is. Make no mistake, this is all about optics for the AFL and Thomas is being made into an example. I am not justifying his messages - but he isn't some threat to women as far as I can tell (subject to more damning evidence coming out).

Alright - does that not read like he was being baited?

Dont get me wrong he is a piece of s**t, but I’m certain it’s all context with a 23 year old who has the brain of a 16 year old.
He is hardly coming across as Jake the Muss.

A screenshot of a text is hardly damning evidence or possibly even real and just reads like some rapper bragging in his lyrics. It is not like rappers go to jail with their lyrics being used as a confession.

Personally, I reckon he is a mental infant and a poor excuse for a man but if there is any truth to any of it, and people want to ruin his career, press criminal charges and get a conviction.

Come on why do you assume the leaked texts are his only indiscretion? He is obviously a piece of s**t. They should put him in the clink for a few months and let’s see how tough he feels in there .
If that’s the case, take it to the cops, they went hard last year, they would’ve gone through everything.

The only thing we currently have is the above text message and commentary from the other party.

I hate trial by media, this is what it currently is..

Ffs we have had someone actually charged with indecent assault a couple of years ago able to play without having to go through the afl commission.

Hypocrites…….
Yeah * finish bottom 3 and the lynch mob will be gathering outside Tulla

If that’s the case, take it to the cops, they went hard last year, they would’ve gone through everything.

The only thing we currently have is the above text message and commentary from the other party.

I hate trial by media, this is what it currently is..

Ffs we have had someone actually charged with indecent assault a couple of years ago able to play without having to go through the afl commission.
DeGoey?

You know we could come out with the message that we are committed to helping TT become a better person whilst as a footballer and for life after football rather than just kicking him to the curb to eventually be picked up by another club...

A statement like that in my mind would be consistent with a club with a strong culture.
This post aged well.

That was the first of his two seperate charges of assaulting a woman.

Then there was the non concensual breast exposure making a trifecta of abuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should put him in the clink for a few months and let’s see how tough he feels in there .

This is just as ignorant as any of the comment about "texts can't be domestic violence".

The problem is Tarryn knows exactly how he'd fare in jail - very well, just like his bro.

A screenshot of a text is hardly damning evidence or possibly even real and just reads like some rapper bragging in his lyrics. It is not like rappers go to jail with their lyrics being used as a confession.

Took me all of one Google search

Well that’s it for TT. All the talent and none of the brains.

I hope the standard is now set and all other players are judged accordingly.

There would be 10-15 blokes in the league nervous as hell tonight that their phone records don’t get made public.

Pretty much. It is obvious he is just talking smack. Yes, it's stupid and immature, but thats as far as it appears to be. I ahve no doubt his ex is as toxic and immature as he is. Make no mistake, this is all about optics for the AFL and Thomas is being made into an example. I am not justifying his messages - but he isn't some threat to women as far as I can tell (subject to more damning evidence coming out).
I had a similar read on it as well. He’s a major douchebag who is more of a threat to the gene pool than to his ex-partner.

The AFL love this. It’s the perfect scenario for them to make a stand and make themselves look like social justice hero’s. If this was a big club it wouldn’t even have come to light, because they know the outrage over a big club losing one of their top talents would far outweigh the social brownie points they will get for this exercise.

Well that’s it for TT. All the talent and none of the brains.

I hope the standard is now set and all other players are judged accordingly.

There would be 10-15 blokes in the league nervous as hell tonight that their phone records don’t get made public.
Depends which clubs they play for?

A big club, it just gets swept under the carpet.

Can you imagine the outrage from Collingwood fans if they suspended DeGoey for 18 weeks for being a douchebag? It just wouldn’t happen.

Depends which clubs they play for?

A big club or just gets swept under the carpet.

Can you imagine the outrage from Collingwood fans if they suspended DeGoey for 18 weeks for being a douchebag? It just wouldn’t happen.

They suspended Stephenson for 10 weeks for being a moron? When he was fresh off being a RS winner kicking 40 goals in his debut season?

I had a similar read on it as well. He’s a major douchebag who is more of a threat to the gene pool than to his ex-partner.

The AFL love this. It’s the perfect scenario for them to make a stand and make themselves look like social justice hero’s. If this was a big club it wouldn’t even have come to light, because they know the outrage over a big club losing one of their top talents would far outweigh the social brownie points they will get for this exercise.
I agree. Need to see more than this to be suspending him for 18 weeks.

He's a moron. But the crime doesn't fit the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back