• Saints

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder to all:
  • Visiting other team boards to troll is not tolerated (here or elsewhere)
  • Do not respond to trolls - it just makes our cleanup job harder. Report and ignore please.
  • Do not post identifiable screenshots of profiles or posts here for the sake of mockery
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
A Laura Kane player takes the last mark.

Sickening how these charity cases got those picks.

Easy win after putting the cue in the rack after the first half.

The charity case pauperroos need another dozen free picks so everyone can laud their racist coach again.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I love when you talk dirty
1709444938513.gif

29 shots to 15.

The scoreboard flattered North.

It should have been a lot easier than it was with almost double the amount of scoring shots but at least we still ground out a win in the end.

A pretty standard game for us under Ross Lyon.

Reckon Arie is more of a like for like with Battle selection
Cordy would have front seat for the Howard role over Arie
Who’s going to take the Hawk?

Doogs injury probably most impactful thing to come out of that game. Wind ruined it as a contest and probably pretty hard to get drills right with it blowing like that.

Not sure Higgins is best 22. I know he kicked a few last year but he is 50/50 at best and seems to infect the rest of the team. Should be written into his contract that he forfeits match payments if he kicks around body from a mark.

Wilson looked great. Thought Henry was pretty exciting too.

Schoenmaker or Cordy for round one?

Does McClellan get the call up for Webster?

Do Crouch and/or Jones get up for round one? Do they get picked.

Going to be a few debutants for round one you'd think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We still have no real idea what we're doing on the HFF, post half time it was just straight trash or overcooked disposal, half chases, falling on arses and whatnot, if we didn't have our D50 then we are by no means winning anything really as christ, 11.18 and you had a mob at like 5-6 goals and proceeded to not kick another for let's say an hour of play.

Henry and Garcia really bring that dimension to the F50 we kinda missed with Gresh and Billings and co, as they're just smarter with when and how to take those shots on and have general ability to both protect the ball drop and burst through a tackle beforehand will go along way to addressing the HFF, but FM, we made people named after a colour look like bonafide rebounders FFS. That's just not right at any level.

North will surprise a few, I mean they kinda have to at this point, but outside of faux tough acts, they don't have the work rate to sustain it.

goal kickers and best players please

Members, Sharman, Ming, Owens with 2 each, Bonner, Ro and Henry with singles. Many with "Ima hook this to the left" for the 18 behinds like Higgins for example.

Best for mine: Wilson, Wilkie, Stocker, Owens, Bonner, Hill, Wood (though his disposal was a bit meh), Henry, Steele.

i'm a bit disappointed in that.
Funny old game. Some really good things, then we did some really poor things. The wind I suppose made it a bit flukey. Players get tentative.

Good physical outing though. We took some time to adjust to the physicality. North were into it before us.

Our midfield seemed thin. Hope Crouch can get up. Sounds like Sinclair back in R2. If we can tidy up F50 entries our forward line is potent.

The commentators are all doing their best to get a big suspension for Webster calling it one of the worst hits they have ever seen.

The opposite to when Maynard KO'd Brayshaw last year and they were all doing their best to get him off with just a slap on the wrist.

Chokes in big moments he reckons.
3 goals in a final last year where he had little supply.
The last “big moment” Norf had was when Carey rooted all the other player’s wives lmao

I'd say the rubber chicken fiasco would be up there too, can't just covet what others have, you have to straight remove the innuendo and just chook the chook to put it out of doubt how rooted your culture is.

underwhelmed with the last half.....NM first to the ball in the 3rd quarter.

I'm someone who has always rated Sharman, understand he can be polarising, just hope he gets a good run in the forward line.

NM had a real crack which is good for the boys to play against.

Great to watch Wilson and Henry.

We had a few out but need to be deep enough to cope with that.

The commentators are all doing their best to get a big suspension for Webster calling it one of the worst hits they have ever seen.

The opposite to when Maynard KO'd Brayshaw last year and they were all doing their best to get him off with just a slap on the wrist.
Jordan Lewis is an absolute oxygen thief

Maynard’s at least had plausible deniability.

Webster’s was abject thuggery. Shocking effort.

The wind is something our players should be used to??? Nothing convincing about that win. Our midfield are third rate Ross & Steele are liabilities half the time. We will lose Howard and Webster to suspension, its starting to look like last year again. Reckon we will have a very shaky start to the year.
Considering we were missing Sinclair, Clark, Jones, Crouch, Butler and Battle and North were missing.... who again?

Also did Philipou not play the second half of the game?

Happy with todays game.

The recruits - Henry will prove to be an invaluable pickup. So creative. Bonner pickup has been a steal. Accumulates, reads the play and executes to elite levels. What did Port dislike? Can't see it yet.

Steele was my biggest take away from the match. Thought he was moving nicely, reading the play well, tacking like a boss and looked switched on. Back to his best would be massive.

NWM going from strength to strength
Wilson is ready to roll from day dot

Back six will look more how i want it come round the season proper.

Lots to like

I thought Wood was a bit meh today. A negative.

Back