Game Day Rd 1, 2024, GWS v North Melbourne (Bull 100 v Josh Kelly’s Dog’s 200 milestones) Gameday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a bad quarter, but we look a little under done while GWS look like a team that has played an extra game. The kids look really good though, McKercher, Duursma had a couple of nice moments, and Sheezel and Wardlaw look very good.

GWS look ******* electric and I thought we did pretty well to mitigate damage there. We have absolutely no business winning this game against this team, just need to see some mental hardness and endeavour

They were unlucky not to play in the GF last year, we are in a very different place. We just need to pressure and try not to shoot ourselves in the foot turning the ball over kicking into the corridor.

Ok I have no access to sound or vision, just watching scores. Tried to follow the chat in here but as always it sounds much worse than the scoreboard says it is. Anyone have reasonably objective reflections on Q1 as a whole?

Frustrating quarter, but they honestly did well only to be down by 15. Could easily be down by 40+ with the level of dominance GWS had all over the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS look ******* electric and I thought we did pretty well to mitigate damage there. We have absolutely no business winning this game against this team, just need to see some mental hardness and endeavour
Yeah, was a bit worried it could have been 7 goals to zero. They missed several set shots, and we managed to get our hands on the ball a bit more.

They will move the ball quickly from our HF line, which is hard to stop when we can't seem to take a mark, or trap the ball inside 50 when it hits the ground.

First quarter positives:
  • Our run and spread out of defense looks good
  • Our key backs held up well under siege considering
  • Good signs from Jaidyn, Colby, Wardlaw, Sheez, Duurs, Bull, and a few others
First quarter negatives:
  • I don't see it with Lazarro
  • Our forward line seems incapable of taking a mark
  • Couple of poor kicks cost us goals on the rebound
Overall, not too bad. Room for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back