Preview Round 5, 2024: GWS v St.Kilda - Manuka Oval, Saturday 13 April, 1:45pm AEST *GARCIA DEBUT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS-vs-St-Kilda.png

Good to pinch a win after only playing a half of football, but can't get away with that against opposition like this.

Should get Windy back which is nice.

Congratulations to Hugo Garcia who will make his debut this weekend!

1712842226366.png

Last edited:
Windy in for Hammer only because Sharman is playing the Mason role

Id consider swapping Hastie for Lance or Hugo as right now Hastie seems to not be able to get into the game plus Butler looking a bit off the pace still

Not an easy day for the selectors but still Giants should handle us regardless of what we do

Windy in for Hammer only because Sharman is playing the Mason role

Id consider swapping Hastie for Lance or Hugo as right now Hastie seems to not be able to get into the game plus Butler looking a bit off the pace still

Not an easy day for the selectors but still Giants should handle us regardless of what we do
If Garcia comes in, I'd like to see him getting a full run at it, not just a sub role. He would be good for team balance as a forward. Hastie hasn't put a foot wrong so he could still stay as the sub.

It will be a tough ask to beat the premiership favourites but RTB has a knack for dragging more talented teams down into a street fight.

Let's see how the GWS Ferrari goes when it gets taken down to the St Kilda panel beaters, it might end up on the used car scrap heap.

Last edited:
Anybody notice RTB mention Marshall being tired and hint that Cambell could come up from Sandy? Ya reckon we might see the latter next week?

Anybody notice RTB mention Marshall being tired and hint that Cambell could come up from Sandy? Ya reckon we might see the latter next week?
I was wondering if he was using that to rev Marshall up.

Ill be going along but we are that out of form, I seriously think we will get wallloped this week.

So we're getting Windy back. Dougal is listed as 1-2 weeks so could feasibly be available? Cordy probably just played his best game for us sooo that's an interesting one.

Dow still as 2 weeks (from last Wednesday) so would be unlikely.

Hunter at 2-4 weeks so who knows.

But jeez it'll be nice to have Windy, Dow and Hunter to add to rotations.

We'll be in this up to our necks and tbh I can see us knocking them off. Time for some old-fashioned revenge for the EF I feel.

Reckon RTB's Campbell reference was a 'play in tandem sometimes' rather than 'replace for a week' at this stage but we'll see.

Windy will come back in breathing fire and by god we'll need him in there!

Windhager a much needed inclusion to the midfield.

Presumably Hastie moves out of the 23. Interesting to see who the sub is.
They're being extremely cautious with Jones' minutes. 52% TOG today for him. Could see them resting him next week or playing him as the sub.

Jones would be a handy sub I reckon! I feel like there's a lot of very delicate team-balancing happening with our lineup at present.

Dont play sinclair in the middle again he gets pushed around and cant tackle.
Wilkie yesterday… Sinclair today…

Why don’t you just go feed veal to a vegan, ya curmudgeon.

Still can’t believe it’s rd 5 and we’ve played one game at our home ground and it wasn’t even our home game.
Our bye is round 15 and we will have only played at Marvel 5 times.

However we then play 8 of the last 9 at Marvel. Adelaide at Adelaide oval is the exception.

Windy in for Jones. Hastie out and Jones as the sub. Sharman was solid on the wing and should hold that spot for the short term if he keeps this up. Hopefully Dougal is fit and can come in for Cordy, not sure if he'd need a VFL game especially since Cordy got destroyed in the EF last year by Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back