Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don’t see it with Bramble. I’m sure he’s doing things the coaching staff are happy about but I haven’t been so nervous about a backline member’s disposal since Trengove.

Decision making and skills under pressure still questionable and his defensive game is lacking. These will likely see him out if he is dropped.

As for what he brings to the team. He had 3rd highest metres gained for us last night from 19 disposals going at 88%. He’s also regularly involved in our transition from the back half. Someone mentioned a Shane Biggs comparison a few weeks back. I think it pretty much nails him as a footballer.

He’s no world beater, but his selections have been warranted.

That’s what I would hope (but honestly I’d rather not have bothered to recruit a 25 year old fringe player) but he’s played every game so far.
I'd prefer Daniel play instead.

But bramble has done a lot right and has been a very good pickup.

I still don’t see it with Bramble. I’m sure he’s doing things the coaching staff are happy about but I haven’t been so nervous about a backline member’s disposal since Trengove.

Seems to me he’s been asked to mirror the JJ role and try and take ground by foot whenever he can. He’s obviously no JJ, but he’s been useful.

I like some of his attributes but to me he doesn't look in peak physical condition for the modern AFL standards.

Bailey Smith (Western Bulldogs)

“I think it's more likely he leaves now. I think a lot of people have got their head around that,” Cleary said on SEN Breakfast.

“There's three in the race - Geelong, Hawthorn and Collingwood.

“I think Hawthorn needs a first-round (draftee) as a key position player, but they might have a look at Bailey Smith.

“We'll see how that one unfolds, I don't have a clear frontrunner yet.”

Collingwood don't have a first to give us and thier future first would be raffle. Our number one objective is to make sure he picks Hawthorn over the Pies and Cats.

That’s what I would hope (but honestly I’d rather not have bothered to recruit a 25 year old fringe player) but he’s played every game so far.
He's played well so far, so has deserved it. If he trends downwards though I don't think he's an automatic lock.

Nothing wrong with the recruit as it was for peanuts and he has good upside for the price paid.

I didn't notice Bailey Smith in any vision yesterday. Did the Pies have a function last night?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Smith (Western Bulldogs)

“I think it's more likely he leaves now. I think a lot of people have got their head around that,” Cleary said on SEN Breakfast.

“There's three in the race - Geelong, Hawthorn and Collingwood.

“I think Hawthorn needs a first-round (draftee) as a key position player, but they might have a look at Bailey Smith.

“We'll see how that one unfolds, I don't have a clear frontrunner yet.”
I've got a sneaky feeling the Dogs might be the frontrunner here...

Collingwood don't have a first to give us and thier future first would be raffle. Our number one objective is to make sure he picks Hawthorn over the Pies and Cats.
If our mountain of father-sons due in 2025 come good then their first and second could be handy.

Hope he stays though

These types can be found very cheap with a good recruiting team. Judd McVee at the Dee’s comes to mind
I do think we should target one in the draft. It's why we took Gallagher who has since accidentally shown that he'll develop into a best 22 wingman, solving a problem anyway.

If our mountain of father-sons due in 2025 come good then their first and second could be handy.

Hope he stays though
Almost certainly going. We offered 2 year contract and no response from his camp.

Baz is a high maintenance player but his physical attributes are perfect the modern game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back