Preview Round 9, 2024: Hawthorn v St.Kilda - UTAS Stadium, Launceston - Saturday 11th May, 1.45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn-vs-St-Kilda.png

Sounds like Henry is straight in. With him back, no need to rush Dow in, needs to dominate in the vfl to demand a spot. Would like to see hastie get at least one more full go at it, feel like he has been managed poorly. Give him another game before more experience comes back. I like the idea of rotating the kids so there is always a couple playing.

Out: Garcia (managed), Phillipou,

In: Henry, collard,

B: Webster, Howard, Wilkie
Hb: NAS, battle, stocker
C: Henry, Steele, wood
Hf: Wilson, membrey, hill
F: collard, king, Hayes
Foll: Marshall, Sinclair, windhager
Int: Bonner, Ross, Owens, hastie
Sub: Byrnes

Phillipou should be dropped long before Garcia at this stage. Garcia seven tackles, five of them inside 50. Phillipou zero tackles. Phillipou badly needs to play a game for Sandringham. Play with some freedom and hopefully get 30 touches at VFL level. It's not working at the moment.

Henry in for Phillipou the only change I'd make. Give Hastie another starting game. Collard or Byrnes sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be shocked if Pou was dropped

Not saying he shouldn't be.... but don't believe it will happen.

Played every game... signs on... back to Sandy m'f'r. Can't see it
I know if we drop him he won’t like it - but I really think going back to Sandy and hopefully getting his hands on a lot of the pill for a couple of weeks will do him the world of good. He can’t be getting much enjoyment out of the game at the moment & we know he demands a lot of himself.

I know if we drop him he won’t like it - but I really think going back to Sandy and hopefully getting his hands on a lot of the pill for a couple of weeks will do him the world of good. He can’t be getting much enjoyment out of the game at the moment & we know he demands a lot of himself.
Half forward is a tough position. He might be playing a role that they like. If Collard is to come in then it probably has to be Pou but I reckon they'll stick with him. Although we're going to need to get Collard in there sooner or later.

I don't disagree. I just don't think it will happen.

Yep agreed I love Pou more than anyone but I do think just going back to the twos playing with some feeedom and getting some enjoyment back would be good for him. Bit of what windy did last year. We know he has the weapons just needs to get some easier footy.

There will come a time this year, and I think that time is now, where we need to throw out the current side and pick a 22 from scratch. Don't worry about ins and outs. Pick a 22, line by line.

We have become unbalanced due to poor replacements/selections.

I don't care if poo won't like being dropped. He won't be the first, and won't be the last. Go back, play 50/50 mid forward, and rack up 20+ posies and a goal or 2 a game for the next couple of weeks, and demand selection. As much as we want to blood the young kids, you still have to have selection integrity, otherwise you put people's noses out of joint who are doing the right thing toiling away in the seconds, sends a poor message.

I think if it was a choice between Pou and Wilson then Pou's in big trouble. But between Pou and Garcia or Hastie I think Pou will be safe. Runs(games) on the board will count in RTB's eyes. Pou definitely needs to pull his finger out though if he's picked against the Hawks.

If we'd had close to a full list from the start of the year I doubt any of Hastie, Garcia or Collard would've got a gig yet.

Well if is not dropped, I will not like it either.

He is stagnating at present and is going backwards.

Keeping him in the seniors is not helping to develop him at all at present.

Itis best for his development at present to play him at Sandy in a re where he can be in the game more.

I think if it was a choice between Pou and Wilson then Pou's in big trouble. But between Pou and Garcia or Hastie I think Pou will be safe. Runs(games) on the board will count in RTB's eyes. Pou definitely needs to pull his finger out though if he's picked against the Hawks.

If we'd had close to a full list from the start of the year I doubt any of Hastie, Garcia or Collard would've got a gig yet.
But what role is Pou actually playing?

As a marking target his team mates will look for King, Hayes, Membrey or Owens first.

In my opinion our forward line is out of balance and carrying an out of form Owens and Pou only makes that instance worse.

He is not a pressure forward, and lack of pressure in our forward half is why our opponents rebound with ease. Garcia knows how to tackle and is a lot quicker than Pou.

Pou is actually playing a role that is not needed, and this is actually harmful to our chances of winning.

I would much rather swap Henry in for Pou. Our 22 would be a lot more balanced.

If Collard comes in, it would for Garcia. But pressure wise Garcia is better. It would be interesting to see Collard though.

Hopefully Hastie stays in. Keeping Pou in at present to me just makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back